+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3898157;
    My thoughts this season....

5. Ready for next season!
    Damn! I also wanted the cowboys to win! I always wish The Amazing Race finale was two hours long - it goes by too fast.

When is the next season - anybody know?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3898186;
    Totally bummed the cowboys didn't win. I can't even watch the show. Oh well...waiting for next season.
    Ditto! Hope they have an all-stars race soon with them.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3898186;
    Totally bummed the cowboys didn't win. I can't even watch the show. Oh well...waiting for next season.
    I don't like this show anymore. I don't like the outcome and I'm not watching next season.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityGirl;3898234;
    Damn! I also wanted the cowboys to win! I always wish The Amazing Race finale was two hours long - it goes by too fast.

When is the next season - anybody know?
    I would guess this coming fall. I thought I read somewhere that they were filming it; but, I could be wrong on that.

I'm disappointed the cowboys didn't win; however, I think they'll be ones quickly asked to do an all-stars edition because they showed that teams can be classy and not resort to bickering in this show. Sure, they didn't win, but they're winners in most of our hearts - and to me that'll be better for them long term.

IMHO, I wouldn't be upset if the brothers won if they had NOT moved up to first class. They are not allowed to get first class tickets, so I feel that they technically broke the rules asking to be moved up to first class. It will be interesting to see if they were indeed assessed a time penalty for doing this and it didn't matter because they won.

If they were NOT assessed a penalty, this is IMHO a loophole that needs to be addressed because to me moving into first class with EXCEPTION of the rule that apparently if you do have a ticket and get bumped up to first class due to the aircarrier's rules, that it shouldn't be allowed. The rest of it from what I understood (weather affected sound and my TV's subtitles do not work), they played well to win this game.

All I can say is the lesbians should understand this is a game and that they lost fair and square getting U-Turned over Brent and Caite. This doesn't mean I condone Caite's attitude toward them (warranted or not - both were at fault for the pissy behavior) however, the action was indeed fair game. Even Joe and Heidi understood that long term with the police officers, and as arrogant as Joe was, I give him respect for that.

Love the virtual reality roadblock - that was definitely a neat way to make the teams work. Not happy that it put the two virtual walkers at a block - which also affected the results, but that's the breaks there.

Good season in spite of my quibble about the first class moving up (which I hope will be rectified), and hopefully they'll get better attitude teams next time. Even Guido is classier than Brandy and Carol were (though I have to admit with Guido I"m referring to their first season - I felt they had grown up and had a Renaissance in all-stars).

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3898118;
    Isn't there a penalty for flying first class?
    My understanding is the direct rule is they are not allowed to purchase first class tickets. If they are bumped up due to some rules with the aircarrier (i.e. too many tickets sold and they're offered the tickets in compensation to guarantee them the flight), then I think they're allowed.

But - it has to be something due to carrier error.

This is where I have the quandry with it - I do not think that the brothers should've been allowed to ask to be bumped up and should've been penalized for it because it was not due to the aircraft. Of course, for all we know they were penalized for it and it didn't matter, but to me this is a loophole regardless that needs to be closed.

Have no problem when it's beyond their control and they may be the only one on the flight; however, asking to move up is IMHO unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3898054;
    You can sit in first class as long as you pay coach prices. One team was able to even buy tickets that way (paid coach, sat first class) on a full flight seasons ago.
    If I recall correctly, it was someone like Guido who ended up bumped up to first class because of the carrier. It wasn't their choice - it was an offer from the plane company in order I presume to not lose their business (or probably because they wanted the PR attention from CBS... either way, it was a compensation).

It'd be interesting to find out for certain, but I don't think they could just traipse up to first class and sit there - mostly because of essentially reserved seating and potentially now air safety rules (due to recent terrorist threats).

I'm sad that the Cowboys didn't win. I bet if they had switched roles at the Virtual Challenge, they would have come in first. Even though they didn't win the million, they are still first in me book. For 2 good ol boys they sure ran a great race and if Dan and Jordan hadn't cheated, the out come may have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3898314;

All I can say is the lesbians should understand this is a game and that they lost fair and square getting U-Turned over Brent and Caite. This doesn't mean I condone Caite's attitude toward them (warranted or not - both were at fault for the pissy behavior) however, the action was indeed fair game. Even Joe and Heidi understood that long term with the police officers, and as arrogant as Joe was, I give him respect for that.

Agreed, although I loved Caite's comeback to not being able to handle the lesbians attitude. "I'm here and you're not" I know, childish but it made me laugh.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I must be in the minority but, Im glad the cowboys did not win. I like them at first, but then, no way. And i especially did not care for them tonight. So i was rather happy that the boys won. Good for them.

+ Reply to Thread