+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I'm very pleased with Dan & Jordan winning. I'm so tired of all the boring, cookie cutter teams like TK & Rachel, Meghan & Cheyne, Nick & Starr, etc. winning.

I don't really care about Dan/Jordan cutting in line or moving to first class as they were completely within the rules and quite smart. Plus, I always encourage cutthroat competition as it's what the game is all about. Let's not forget Cord making noises to mess up Dan on the Star Wars task. If we're going to call out "shiesty moves", let's call them for all teams, shall we?

Good season overall, though.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3900118;
    I'm very pleased with Dan & Jordan winning. I'm so tired of all the boring, cookie cutter teams like TK & Rachel, Meghan & Cheyne, Nick & Starr, etc. winning.

I don't really care about Dan/Jordan cutting in line or moving to first class as they were completely within the rules and quite smart. Plus, I always encourage cutthroat competition as it's what the game is all about. Let's not forget Cord making noises to mess up Dan on the Star Wars task. If we're going to call out "shiesty moves", let's call them for all teams, shall we?

Good season overall, though.
    I don't think people are nearly as upset with something like that as they've been with the fact the team flew first class (even if 30 minutes., it still was first class), and they got a 15-minute advantage there. Most of us feel that was bending if not breaking the rules (or should've been and soon to be a rule).

I have no problem personally with the line cutting nor do I the jumping around the cowboys did. It's the flying positioning that bugs most that I've read and heard about in our town. That alone was a 15-minute advantage, and - even if the teams did finish one/two 25 minutes apart - still could've decided the game. That to me is a shiesty move - and really should become a new rule that they cannot ask to fly first class at all.

Truth of the matter is - and mind you Dan and Jordan as well as the others have said they were going to be cutthroat this particular leg - had this been a rule violation, they'd been assessed a 30-minute penalty and Jet and Cord would've won.

And, it really IS a debatable issue given that they do say no buying of first class tickets, so why should they be allowed to ask for a bump up? In the air industry now, you cannot fly first class or upgrade to it (which is technically what this team did, even if 30 minutes left in the flight), without PAYING for said upgrade. IMHO, just the fact they asked, and the flight attendant allowed it cheated the airliner of that extra money (it is technically getting comfort and the perks of first class).

CCL

The thing that has always bugged me about TAR is the last leg of the race is so similar to the other legs of the race, even though it is the most important. Dan and Jordan came in first on the final leg so they were the victors. But if the race had ended the leg before, Brent and Caite would have won. I wish they could make it so that they are somehow ranked going into the final, based on their performance on the race, and get to start in that order, with the best team getting a head start or some sort of advantage.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It really didnt matter about the their positions in line, you saw the 1st team to check in were seated further back in the plane. I think on the last challenge that has to be some ruthlessness, otherwise your probably gonna lose. The cowboys just didnt seem on their best game on the last challenge, so I think Jordan and Dan played a good game. As far the the coach tickets, its already been stated, that was a fair move and did not violate any rules. So I think all those years of Jordan watching the show, paid off, bigtime.!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3900517;
    Truth of the matter is - and mind you Dan and Jordan as well as the others have said they were going to be cutthroat this particular leg - had this been a rule violation, they'd been assessed a 30-minute penalty and Jet and Cord would've won.
    Maybe not. Here's what Caite is saying about the Cowboys:

"Question: Exactly what happened at Lucasfilm with your money and personal stuff? Last night's show really never showed you guys after that so it was a little unclear.

Caite: What happened was Brent and I got there and I had my money bag and in the lobby there are two separate changing rooms -- one for me and one for Jet -- and when Jet came out to bring out his clothes that he had changed out of, he laid it over my money bag knowing that's my money bag. He was playing the game, he knew it was my money bag, he knew I would probably miss it -- so I ran out without it.

Question: So you know it was deliberate? Did he acknowledge it, or are you [assuming that]?

Caite: I know it was deliberate. It was the only thing sitting on the entire couch. He knew that wasn't his and he knew it was mine -- or somebody's -- and he deliberately put the clothes over the top of it. He could have laid his clothes somewhere else on the couch. But no, he put it over the top of the money bag. So, yeah"

This is exactly what I have been saying, they all had it in them. You heard Cord say to Jet, just push him out of the way, or whatever, he knows thats a rule breaker, and really didnt they see and hear, Jordan turning around at the end of the Lucas challenge, then Jet got up there, and they didnt know what to do. So the brothers won, they were better at the game, period.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3900781;
    Maybe not. Here's what Caite is saying about the Cowboys:

"Question: Exactly what happened at Lucasfilm with your money and personal stuff? Last night's show really never showed you guys after that so it was a little unclear.

Caite: What happened was Brent and I got there and I had my money bag and in the lobby there are two separate changing rooms -- one for me and one for Jet -- and when Jet came out to bring out his clothes that he had changed out of, he laid it over my money bag knowing that's my money bag. He was playing the game, he knew it was my money bag, he knew I would probably miss it -- so I ran out without it.

Question: So you know it was deliberate? Did he acknowledge it, or are you [assuming that]?

Caite: I know it was deliberate. It was the only thing sitting on the entire couch. He knew that wasn't his and he knew it was mine -- or somebody's -- and he deliberately put the clothes over the top of it. He could have laid his clothes somewhere else on the couch. But no, he put it over the top of the money bag. So, yeah"
    Yes, but this is Caite, bastion of logic. Sounds odd too when she says "he knew it was mine -- or somebody's -- and he deliberately put the clothes over the top of it" but prior to that "he knew it was my money bag, he knew I would probably miss it -- so I ran out without it." and "I know it was deliberate." How does she KNOW that the Jet didn't just quickly throw them on the couch knowing he and Cord still (at the time) had a chance to beat the brothers and wanted to make up time? Or for that matter it was either there or that it was theirs and that she'd forget?

Regardless of how inane that may sound... it's really regardless. She should've remembered to get everything - she still remembered it was on the couch, so why didn't she go and rummage through there to begin with?.

In fact, a common sense logic thing is you ALWAYS go and check your stuff before you leave (I'm OCD, so I'd been checking it to the point my partner would've had to hit me over the head to get us going). I understand heat of the moment, but I would've hoped they learned from the cowboys nearly being eliminated that you must go and make sure you have everything just in case. Also, apparently if I read right Caite and Brent were already away from the place when they discovered the money was missing.

I'm sorry... but Caite here sounds like she's trying to make the cowboys look bad and cover her rear for making a really dumb mistake of not checking her stuff to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3900795;
    This is exactly what I have been saying, they all had it in them. You heard Cord say to Jet, just push him out of the way, or whatever, he knows thats a rule breaker, and really didnt they see and hear, Jordan turning around at the end of the Lucas challenge, then Jet got up there, and they didnt know what to do. So the brothers won, they were better at the game, period.
    IMHO Dan and Jordan were shady and frankly cheated an airliner out of 30 minutes of upgrade fees by having the duo someone spending time in first class without paying for the upgrade.

But if they want money over integrity, that's their life. I'd rather lose and not cost someone who's trying to make a living extra pay, but that's me (Since I've been laid off over someone who pulled that stunt).

And - trust me, this little loophole will most likely be eliminated due to more teams attempting it and potentially causing a riot that will get CBS kicked off a carrier.

Every day People have moved up to first class on occasion, so if they are cheating the airline, thats on the airline, If we question that move, then we have to question other moves done on the show, because some others have done some nasty things. Come on, You know Jet knew that was her stuff, are you kidding me. Look i didnt really care which of the teams won, but the brothers won, and in the eyes of TAR it was done fairly. So on to next year.....

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3900837;
    Every day People have moved up to first class on occasion, so if they are cheating the airline, thats on the airline, If we question that move, then we have to question other moves done on the show, because some others have done some nasty things. Come on, You know Jet knew that was her stuff, are you kidding me. Look i didnt really care which of the teams won, but the brothers won, and in the eyes of TAR it was done fairly. So on to next year.....
    Exactly. People are getting irrational over this.

I once was flying with a friend and our initial flight was delayed and we wouldn't be able to make the next connection. Because most people were being jerks at the counter and we were just like "As long as you get me to my destination before tomorrow at 10am I'm fine. It's not your fault." the counter guy put us in another flight FIRST clas, no extra charge. At first I thought those were the only seats left but we saw many of the jerks walk by us on the same flight, LOL. I don't know how it works but for an airline an empty seat it's something they want to avoid over some extra juice/drinks/meals/etc.

+ Reply to Thread