+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3898934;
    I'm happy that both first and second place were brother/brother teams. I was rooting for Dan and Jordan over the Cowboys (though I WAS amused that the Cowboys had their own theme song throughout the entire season, all the way to the finish line), but I would have been happy with either for the win. That said...
    I'd've preferred the cowboys winning, but can't be terribly upset with Dan and Jordan winning (Brent and Caite, though, would have been ugh).

That said, seeing Jet's avatar in a futuristic space suit and a cowboy hat was just priceless.

I finally got up the nerve to watch and I think Dan/Jordan played it just right to win. I'm glad they won if only for Jordan's sake. He has watched for 15 seasons and it has been his big, one and only dream to be on the show. Throughout the race they touched on it when Dan said over and over again that he was there for his brother.

While Cord and Jet didn't catch a clue about why Jordan was spinning around at the last stop on the grid, I laughed when Cord tried to fake Jordan out with all the misdirection while Jet got dressed.

Yes, the cut in line at the airport was snotty as they all caught the same flight and it wouldn't have mattered, but what if it had mattered. What if those were the last two seats available on that flight - bad for the cowboys, sneakily good for the brothers.

Dan was also smart to ask the flight attendant if there were available seats in first class. Getting out in front on this leg was more important than perhaps other legs. The other two teams were stuck behind regular passengers trying to disembark and that would place them way behind the brothers at customs.

Yes, I am sad the cowboys couldn't finish their righteous run in first place, but happy that Jordan's dream had been realized.

Brent and Caite who?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was so sad the Cowboys didn't win. Usually my favorite teams get eliminated before the final leg of the race and I don't have a strong preference as to who wins, but this year I did.

I didn't really mind Caite and Brent or Dan and Jordan until the last couple of legs. The way both teams treated cab drivers, the "ugly American" side to Dan and Jordan, the insensitivity and brattiness of Caite during the potty incident, Dan and Jordan's pettiness during the last leg all made me like them less.

I also wondered about the rule about flying first class and how it might apply.

It's hard to invest in a whole season and have a team you love not win, but at least I think the cowboys are the ones who will be able to benefit from their fame since people loved them and see them as a class act.

FORT Fogey

Ugh! What a disappointing finale! I think the brothers' win was a fluke but I cannot say that the cowboys deserved it. They were far too polite during this leg of the race and they should have interfered with the brothers. The models just had bad luck. They might have had a chance otherwise. They seemed to make up time quickly but luck is part of the race!
    I wish this final leg had been harder. The memory task was far too easy. What was the point of it. In the past, it has been so much more difficult. That disappointed me because this one really did not take any skill and didn't allow for much suspense. Overall, bad episode! But, well I don't know if there has ever been a bad episode of TAR but it wasn't as good as other finales have been. The confrontation at the end was weak as well. I think Caite handled it well though.

I give Jordan credit on the last roadblock...he paid attention. There is always a memory game at the end.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

I wish the Cowboys had won also-but what really bugged me was that the brothers were able to use a cheat sheet for the final challenge. It was smart of him to write it down, because they usually have memory games, but they should not have been able to use it.I was hoping for a penalty for that. The final task was too easy and it was disappointing.

I think the brothers won simply because Jordan is/was such a fan and student of TAR. He knew enough to jot down the information he needed to rock the last memory test. I wouldn't doubt that his notes included the order of the countries they visited, their flags, etc. The backpack in line thing was silly, and stupid, IMO. If I were the cowboys I would have laughed and casually picked the backpack up IMMEDIATELY after it was dropped in front of me, and moved it behind me. If they said anything I would have said "c'mon, we were here first" and then just let them try to move it back again. I think the cowboys were just too laid back at that moment. When the backpack was dropped it should have been moved, asap. After awhile, it suddenly becomes a "move the person not the backpack issue" and became a bigger deal.

Regardless, they were all on the same flight. The brothers were smart to ask to be moved up. I would think the others would have seen them go forward with their stuff, and I wonder if either of the other teams asked to do the same. I would think the cameramen would have shown it? If they didn't, that's another mistake that they made because they weren't aggressive enough. Don't get me wrong, I love the cowboys and I wanted them to win. BUT they didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had to get an advantage. Jet not moving while in the 3D environment was so frustrating. He could have shuffled by Jordan. There was a way for him to do that, even if it were slowly. At the very least walk right up to the guy, and that might have prevented Jordan from spinning and them reading the clue. It's not dirty, it's the cowboys being a bit more aggressive with their own play, rather than being so polite to their competition. *sigh*

Brandy is a bitter, ugly, dried up and sorry excuse for a human being. Get over yourself. Her not clapping when Brent and Caite came in was so childish. And she has the nerve to think Caite is immature? Caite, while not a stellar example of a human being, at least turned around with a smile and the beginnings of an apology before she was cut off by Brandy and her bitter tirade. AND Caite was prompted by Phil to say something. If I were Carol I'd be re-thinking the kind of person I wanted to spend my life with. Methinks she could do better.

So, congrats brothers. So sorry, Cowboys. Brent and Caite, good for you for getting to the end. Now go away, please.

FORT Newbie

so disappointed the brothers won ... the cowboys were the better team all around: gentlemen, good sportsmanship and great athletes

FORT Newbie

Carol and Brandy have broken up according to their interview with TV guide. Yikes... Brandy must have issues with pretty girls from Junior high and hasn't gotten over it. I'm glad Cait did well

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3899374;
    Regardless, they were all on the same flight. The brothers were smart to ask to be moved up. I would think the others would have seen them go forward with their stuff, and I wonder if either of the other teams asked to do the same. I would think the cameramen would have shown it? If they didn't, that's another mistake that they made because they weren't aggressive enough.
    I have to agree with you; however, we don't know the whole story either as far as the teams. It also apparently on the episode (my sound went wonky and my TV has no captions), that Dan and Jordan did this while the others were asleep.

For all we know the others did attempt to do this and were turned down by another flight attendant. It's really a question that needs to be asked, as does if they're allowed to move up to first class in flight if they book coach. I do think however, depending on how much of an advantage occurred (they can check the time codes between the two footages), as well as the fact first can have nice chairs that turn into beds (meaning the teams could be better rested), this rule may be modified to where they cannot get into first class at all.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cowboys and I wanted them to win. BUT they didn't take advantage of the opportunities they had to get an advantage. Jet not moving while in the 3D environment was so frustrating. He could have shuffled by Jordan. There was a way for him to do that, even if it were slowly. At the very least walk right up to the guy, and that might have prevented Jordan from spinning and them reading the clue. It's not dirty, it's the cowboys being a bit more aggressive with their own play, rather than being so polite to their competition. *sigh*
    I can see your point here, but there was too big of a risk for him to still fall into a wall and have to start over - so catch-22 sadly. That said, if he couldn't risk bumping into walls he should've paid attention to the fact Jordan was spinning around, as he wasn't seeing the virtual world there.

Brandy is a bitter, ugly, dried up and sorry excuse for a human being. Get over yourself. Her not clapping when Brent and Caite came in was so childish. And she has the nerve to think Caite is immature? Caite, while not a stellar example of a human being, at least turned around with a smile and the beginnings of an apology before she was cut off by Brandy and her bitter tirade. AND Caite was prompted by Phil to say something. If I were Carol I'd be re-thinking the kind of person I wanted to spend my life with. Methinks she could do better.

So, congrats brothers. So sorry, Cowboys. Brent and Caite, good for you for getting to the end. Now go away, please.
    This is so true... I personally think that win or lose you should show some class. Brandy was NOT classy here at all while Carol was (even if she was obviously still upset that Caite was in the final three teams). Also, I have a feeling that Brandy doesn't realize that this is a reality show, and that her actions will affect her long term. Caite, annoying or not, at least in person shows that she still has tendencies like she did at the Miss America pageant - showing she does have her super blonde moments where she totally screws up and makes a fool of herself (what was sad was if I recall correctly she was highly viewed by the audiences as being the one who'd win the title until that final question).

Or essentially - Caite was seen in for the most light the same way people perceived her, but still attempted (even if prompted) to make amends, while Brandy gave a horrible first impression and didn't show that she redeemed herself by not at least attempting to let Caite try to let bygones be such. If she had done that and still refused (and still be bitter for Caite and Brent using a totally legal and fair advantage in the game), I think people would've respected her. I even respect Team Guido now because they have shown they could mature as people - I don't see Brandy doing this, and Caite does need to show it soon or she'll end up like Brandy.

+ Reply to Thread