+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was cracking up when the detectives couldn't find the fashion place, making fun of themselves for being detectives

Quote Originally Posted by Lox;3886381;
    Actually in 15 seasons (I don't count the "family edition" as a true TAR season) when there are 4 teams left, there has been a NEL 13 out of 15 times. Seasons 3 and 14 were the only ones without a NEL with 4 teams left.
    Yeah, at this point I'd be surprised if the leg with four teams wasn't a NEL. I always expect it at this point. It makes sense, though: by this point in the race you know the teams and are rooting for them, so it's better TV to save someone that the audience has become emotionally attached to...

Glad to see that the detectives were not eliminated. They're so much fun.
    It's sure looking like Brent / Caite's uturning of the lesbian couple is going to come back and bite them in the butt. Can't wait.
    I loved when the 1 brother went over and hugged the other.
    The cowboys are just a joy to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

..... I wonder if the one doing the puzzle is a little mentally slow. The other brother seemed worried that he would have trouble with the task, and they made a point of showing that he always needs correcting with his wording....
    I don't know if it caused any lingering problems, but I think Cord was the one who who had his skull crushed by a kicking horse a few years ago. It was a pretty long recuperation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3886312;
    Every preview this season that shows a team in trouble has been a red herring - I think the only time it played out was Carol and Brandy when they were u-turned and we heard that in the preview dumb did us in (I think that's what we heard). I'm only worried for the teams we didn't see running into trouble.
    Yeah, I totally know this by now. But Dan looked soooooo frustrated that I'm thinking that they're not ahead of the pack, which doesn't bode well when there are only 4 teams left.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3886217;
    Could the cowboys be any more smooth or funny? Jet giving the definition of tranquil while Cord shook his head...Jet figuring out that more flour made the dough easier to work...Jet figuring out the blouse had texture, then thinking he might be a fashion designer...Cord throwing everything he had including his belt and folding chairs on the puzzle pieces to keep them from blowing away. Plus they had the best cab driver - it was the cabs that stressed out the cops and the brothers.

This is the first time they showed their exhaustion with the race - Jet missing his family and Cord laughing about leaving the woman he had just asked to be his wife to go on the race. Now we also know that the trips they've won won't be taken together. One should work out nicely for a Honeymoon for Cord.

There has been a NEL in the final four mat before - probably more than once. There are two episodes to go and the final three is the finale episode.
    I was surprised that Jet is married/has a kid and Cord engaged! There was no mention of that in any of the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3886215;
    He was adorable and I when I saw him smoking that huge cigarette.
    That was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3886279;
    I'm enamored.....
    Okay....Wow! I guess he looked taller on tv. No wonder that cigarette looked so huge when he was smoking.

I just have to say you guys find EVERYTHING! Exactly the visual I had in mind-though I thought he'd be taller than the hydrant. When I read the article about his passing they had him standing next to a two year old.This picture makes a clearer statement to his actual height.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Yeah, at this point I'd be surprised if the leg with four teams wasn't a NEL. I always expect it at this point. It makes sense, though: by this point in the race you know the teams and are rooting for them, so it's better TV to save someone that the audience has become emotionally attached to...
    I believe the non-elimination points are pre-determined. (And I don't think there's any way for them to really know who the audience likes...the show was recorded several months ago.)

I was expecting this leg to be the "to be continued" one. Once Cord/Jet checked in, it was very obvious this was a NEL
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3887542;
    I believe the non-elimination points are pre-determined. (And I don't think there's any way for them to really know who the audience likes...the show was recorded several months ago.)
    Oh, I believe that they're predetermined as well. However, I meant that with four teams left, the chances that WHICHEVER team is in last would have some emotional investment among the audience are high, not that they know that Team Cops has fans. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear that I was talking about "in general". Basically, I think that because the odds are high that we all have one or two favorites, the odds are high that more people's "favorites" will be saved, no matter who the actual teams are.

Does that make more sense?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast