+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

See...the cops just wanted to save themselves from the U-Turn by brainwashing the models to use it (if they got there first) on C/B. Sneaky. But, then, Caite didn't take much persuasion to see it their way. Also sneaky using a mechanical counter for the chain links. That one probably slipped through the rules because no one would believe anyone would pull a counter out of their backpack. For all that, I'm glad they finished ahead of C/B.
    Yes, it's sneaky, but the cops aren't as athletic as Carol and Brandy were - the latter just bitched a lot and that was their counter. There was nothing to say that they'd be stronger in the end if they made it to the final four. So, it also can be seen as a way to keep the cops in instead - and frankly, no matter what the reason, I'm just glad C&B are out because they weren't appreciating the race and acted like they were going to win - i.e. it being handed to them on a silver platter.

The counter? - not really. It is an advantage, but I have seen people double or triple click by mistake and then have to either start over or try to figure out how many they went over. So, there was that risk. Also, as we saw with Brent, they were allowed to make ticker marks on the document. I say it's fair, though between this and the duct tape, I'm wondering if they're going to decide to put limits on what can/cannot be brought to these races.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3874951;
    For me, they're not even close.

The most hated team ever were 2 who won their season. Don't remember their names (I consciously tried to forget them and succeeded) but the woman kept referring to the people in Africa as - "They keep breeding" - as if they were bugs or some very low level species. The most arrogant and hateful couple I've ever seen on any reality show!! And I watch far too many of these reality shows!
    Kendra and whatshisname Freddy. Yes, it's a tie between them and Jonathan and Victoria, although they were really just hateful to each other.

Not a fan of Carol and Brandy at all and they were incredibly bitchy and rude. I'd put them right up there with being a pair that I hated seeing every week.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

CCL

I don't think Brent and Caite needed to be brainwashed/persuaded into using the UTurn on Brandy and Carol. It was never going to be a strategic move on their part - it was personal. I'm ambivalent about the use of the UTurn. While I don't really like that people have been eliminated because they were targetted by the UTurn, both of the teams eliminated this year have been teams I didn't like so...
    I'm fine with Caite being the last woman standing. She doesn't bother me. I wouldn't put her in leagues with Kendra or Flo. I would have preferred it to be Allie as I quite liked her and her father (and his use of duct tape!) but que sera, sera.
    I'd like the cowboys to win.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3874965;
    Being young is not an excuse for being rude and disrespectful. My four year old daughter has better manners than Caite. Self entitlement does not go away with age if it is that deeply rooted as hers. Saying where is her tiara is way less rude than calling a team The Lesbians. I hoped for a triple elimination and only the cowboys and the brothers would have been left.
    Had to laugh at this! First let me say that I totally get what you are saying, however, I have two very well behaved teenagers and they are, for the most part, polite, but age does have a lot to do with attitude at Caite's age. Sorry, your very sweet 4 year old will have times when all those wonderful manners you have spent years instilling just don't seem to be there. There are exceptions to this, and there are days that mine are in the exception category, but there are also times that they are part of the lacking group. Being young isn't an excuse for being rude. There is no excuse, as we are all responsible for our own behavior regardless of how someone else treats us. Just wanted to make the point that while having a polite 4 year old is a great thing, sometimes polite 4 year olds do have moments, sometimes extended moments, once they grow into, and even through, those very hormonal teen years. However, the ladies who left last night, have a few years on Caite and, one would hope, the wisdom and maturity to back away from having the same attitude. The ladies just happened to be much more unpleasant in every way as far as I was concerned. Caite and Brent seem to find some enjoyment in the race, the ladies did not....ever. I also got the distinct impression throughout the race that they were not well liked by any other team sans the brothers.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3875069;
    I also got the distinct impression throughout the race that they were not well liked by any other team sans the brothers.
    Remember that Brent said the dislike toward Brandy and Carol was anonymous.

I didn't really take affront to Catie referring to Brandy and Carol as "the lesbians." All of them are stuck with a label, an identifying shorthand, on the show, and "the lesbians" happened to be the ones affixed to Brandy and Carol (as they are, in fact, lesbians), just as Jet and Cord are called "the cowboys" and Jordan and Jeff were termed "Big Brother couple". I didn't take it to mean that Catie did not like Brandy and Carol because of their sexuality and I don't recall her ever saying as such.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3875069;
    Had to laugh at this! First let me say that I totally get what you are saying, however, I have two very well behaved teenagers and they are, for the most part, polite, but age does have a lot to do with attitude at Caite's age. Sorry, your very sweet 4 year old will have times when all those wonderful manners you have spent years instilling just don't seem to be there. There are exceptions to this, and there are days that mine are in the exception category, but there are also times that they are part of the lacking group. Being young isn't an excuse for being rude. There is no excuse, as we are all responsible for our own behavior regardless of how someone else treats us. Just wanted to make the point that while having a polite 4 year old is a great thing, sometimes polite 4 year olds do have moments, sometimes extended moments, once they grow into, and even through, those very hormonal teen years. However, the ladies who left last night, have a few years on Caite and, one would hope, the wisdom and maturity to back away from having the same attitude. The ladies just happened to be much more unpleasant in every way as far as I was concerned. Caite and Brent seem to find some enjoyment in the race, the ladies did not....ever. I also got the distinct impression throughout the race that they were not well liked by any other team sans the brothers.
    I'm not giving Caite and Brent a pass. At age 20 and 28(!) they are not teens anymore. I know people can change a lot in the first bit of their 20's (remember your college/university years? ) But that said, I know tons of respectable, kind and mature 20 year olds.... even younger (in the throes of teens), who would put these two to shame. As an added point, Allie is only 23.
    It doesn't have to be a hate one/ love the other situations with Brent and Caite and Carol and Brandy. I find Carol and Brandy despicable as do I find Brent and Caite. Both teams had times when one threatened to quit, both teams have complained consistantly about tasks, and spent much of their time blaming mistakes on other member of the team... the race... the world, anything but themselves. Are Carol and Brandy "worse" for being older? I don't know, I don't think so. They are all so unlikeable.

The only truly happy time for Caite so far was when she got to Uturn Carol and Brandy. And she's also ok if things are going her way... unless she talks about Carol and Brandy. lol

I'm surprised to read that Brent is 28!
    Not sure what he's doing with a 20 year old as immature as Caite is.
    I'm not going to excuse Brent / Caite or Carol / Brandy's behavior.
    Neither couple acted in an exemplary manner.

If Brent / Caite do win this race, though, I will not be a happy camper
    I'm fine with any of the others winning. And, I've actually grown to really start like the dark haired brothers.

I'm most pulling for the cowboys, though! Oh my gravy, wouldn't that be fun!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just love the way the Cowboys are running this race. They are a team I see as running the race "together". When Cord wasn't getting the drums, he wasn't giving up he was just having trouble and Jet was not upset or angry , he tried to find out how he could help, would counting help him or hurt him (or reverse if I have their names mixed up!) I really liked seeing that and then there are the moments of sheer joy they really seem to savor, ala the little boy faces of excitement on the zip line.
    Wag more, bark less

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3875056;
    I don't think Brent and Caite needed to be brainwashed/persuaded into using the UTurn on Brandy and Carol. It was never going to be a strategic move on their part - it was personal. . . I'm fine with Caite being the last woman standing. She doesn't bother me.
    I see a lot of typical American young person behavior in Caite. It's not always admirable, but she's not the only woman of her age who acts that way. So I can overlook it to a large degree.

Here's where I'm sympathetic to her. Suppose the stupidest moment you've ever had in your life (admit it, we all have them) was televised around the world, and was one of the biggest "hits" on youtube for months? How hard would it be to put yourself out in the public eye again? And then to have these two "mature" women constantly make comments like "where did she leave her tiara?" and - even last night - using the term "such as" which was part of Caite's infamous pageant answer flub. I don't blame Caite for being upset with them.

My biggest hope would have been if the nasty women had run into ANY of the other teams and complained "the beauty queen u-turned us." What a hoot would it have been if ANY other member of ANY other team had looked at them and said, "The only reason they u-turned you was because they got there first. Anyone else still in the race would have done the same thing."

I try to not be a nasty, vindictive person, but I think people have to be recognize that there are consequences for their behavior . . . including the team that got eliminated last night. They shouldn't blame anyone else for what happened to them.

All, of course, IMHO.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3875035;
    I also wondered why we didn't see Carol and Brandy having to go back and get their ice cream, but I guess it wasn't important since they were eliminated at the end.

And I wonder how far behind the detectives in "real time" Carol and Brandy were when they arrived on the mat in last place. They always make it appear that it is so close, but you never know how close .... that is unless you see their departure times the following week.
    I was thrilled when I thought they'd forgotten their ice cream, but then was confused when they started selling it. You're probably right and them going back for it was edited out because it was inconsequential.

When Carol & Brandy were going down the zip line, it appeared to be quite a bit darker than Mike & Louie, with longer shadows. I think they were quite a bit behind them.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread