+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 3/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Unfortuntely it's just a repeat of what they said last night on the mat.
    I'd rather they replay the interactions that caused them to feel this way toward them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3865373;
    Norealityhere: Carol and Brandy made one (not very nice) comment about being surprised Caite didn't have her tiara or something.
    Caite, ever the victim, is making it into a huge deal and milking it for all it's worth. Carol and Brandy are blunt, can be nasty, and have limited social skills with the other racers as far as I can see, but Caite is an awful human being in her own right, so whatever.
    I don't think it's just Caite. I know a couple of times on the race people have commented how they (the lesbian couple) were constantly making fun of her and mimicking her. Not that Caite is so great, but the lesbian couple seem mean, bitter and negative.

FORT Regular

Love or hate Caite, but the lesbian team has been unnecessarily mean toward her. Not just the tiara comment. I remember there were a few jabs (that Caite didn't necessarily hear, but she didn't hear the tiara comment either--that was relayed to her), but the one that sticks out in my mind was when they were crawling through the war zone and one of the ladies made a comment that this was a "stupid person" task and they should be doing a "smart person" task. Then Brent and Caite came by and she did a kind of "see?" in their direction.

I think the worst they've done is always assuming intellectual superiority. So it was rather nice to see that after they haw haw-ed at the models missing a coconut ... that they missed one too! (I was really hoping they would.)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3865459;
    I'm not sure. But honestly, I don't think it would have taken them much time to run back and grab their stuff. The island wasn't that big, and they do have a bit of downtime before taking off for the next leg. I wouldn't leave my clothes and makeup for the turtles.

A clip of the Pit Stop where Louie, Michael and Caite explain their dislike for Carol and Brandy. And, of course, Brent's "anonymous" goof.

YouTube - It's Pretty Anonymous
    They had downtime. If I were them, right after I make the pitstop, I would immediately turn-around, swim back to the boat like the cowboys did and then go back to where I left my backpacks. That easy...and I'll just hope that they are still there.

I do not think you can go back and retrieve items after checking in, or racers would have done this all time, instead of lugging their backpacks. I mean why not leave them at the last pit stop and have the backpacks transported by the crew?
    There's no place like home!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3866086;
    I do not think you can go back and retrieve items after checking in, or racers would have done this all time, instead of lugging their backpacks. I mean why not leave them at the last pit stop and have the backpacks transported by the crew?
    I recall a few times on past seasons where two teams were racing for 1st place of the leg and drop their packs during the foot race. At the start of the next leg, they had their packs. Steve and Allie's bags were only a mile and a half away, so it wasn't that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;3866103;
    I recall a few times on past seasons where two teams were racing for 1st place of the leg and drop their packs during the foot race. At the start of the next leg, they had their packs. Steve and Allie's bags were only a mile and a half away, so it wasn't that far away.
    Well, NONE of the teams swam their backpacks to shore with the maps, so the production crew or someone has to be transporting them from the boats to the pit stop at least... I'm sure there are a lot of things that happen on the production side that we don't see, but they only rarely affect the game (swapping out mics in Russia and taking off, then forgetting travel documents anyone??).

I was under the impression that this was all on the same island, and that they could have gone back to get the backpacks. But I really don't think it would be allowed after they'd already checked in at the pit stop. I think they could only do it before. At least I think that's the fair thing to do. I think they are probably only allowed to drop the backpacks and run once they're pretty much at the pit stop. JMO, I don't really know the rules.

It would be interesting to find out about the bags. Maybe we will see something next week. I remember when the NEL penalty was losing all their bags and money.
    There's no place like home!

Wonder how the cowboys are feeling back home?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567