+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: 2/21 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3835186;
    If the hat is felt, they sure do. Those hats are very expensive.
    Why not just.....take them off?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fan

I was kind of glad that Jody and Shannon were eliminted. I know this sounds rude, but the was Jody spoke just drove me nuts. It's the way she enunciated her words or something- I could hardly stand to listen to her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3835325;
    Well, not like they have a hotel room to store them in. Don't want to smush them in a backpack. They make hat covers, like one of them had, just for these situations.
    Now the old everyday straw ones could have taken a wetting.

On BB Jordan got very crabby when she had PMS...maybe it's that time again.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3835325;
    'Cause then we wouldn't know that they're cowboys.

Why else would you bring along a hat on a trip around the world that you can't crush or get wet?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3835411;
    'Cause then we wouldn't know that they're cowboys.

Why else would you bring along a hat on a trip around the world that you can't crush or get wet?
    Cowboys wear cowboy hats, that's their signature, a real cowboy takes his hat everywhere. I like the cowboys.

Well done for the cowboys to get there first, but they were kind of annoying. Aren't there cowboy hats that are made to be in the elements? Shouldn't that be the ones they brought on the trip? Seemed bizarre to have to cover them up, not like a trip to the grocery store where a surprise storm came up all the sudden and unexpected. They are racing around the world, sure to hit some weather.

Poor grandma getting kicked in the head by the cow. I didn't really like her, even though I wanted to. I tried but there was just something.

I thought that when Jeff and Jordan were discussing 'San Jose' they were talking about the street they were on. He kept saying a different San, (sorry, can't remember which one) and she told him two times that it was San Jose. Then spelled it H-o-s-e. I thought she was actually looking at the street sign at that point. I'll have to replay that scene to see what happened.

Detectives were lucky that Jeff and Jordan ran into them and not the cowboys. The cowboys would have left them without directions. Hope the cowboys decision to not reveal the bus schedule won't come back to bite them in the butt. Good Karma and all that...

These challenges didn't seem all that hard, and perhaps a bit boring. I thought they would at least have to mix the ingredients at the kitchen. All they had to do was gather them.

Still love TAR and hopefully next week will be better again.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3835369;
    Well, not like they have a hotel room to store them in. Don't want to smush them in a backpack. They make hat covers, like one of them had, just for these situations.
    Now the old everyday straw ones could have taken a wetting.
    Well my first thought was just to keep them in the car for that challenge...but I guess I'm not a cowboy.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3835255;
    I didn't mind the cowboys. And, I do think, "Oh, My gravy" is a hoot.
    Last night was not the most exciting episode, though.
    Jordan seemed like she wasn't in that good of a mood through much of the episode. She seemed to just roll her eyes at Jeff when he asked if she knew what a baker's dozen was. Then, in another scene, when he went to kiss her, she appeared to obviously turn her head so he could only peck her cheek. I hope she was just under the weather and she and Jeff are not having problems.
    The brothers are very annoying and I hope they don't get as bad as the brothers last season.
    Jordan was sick the first part of the race with bad stomach problems, that was told by them on their Veags chat...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3835572;
    Jordan was sick the first part of the race with bad stomach problems, that was told by them on their Veags chat...
    Guess she had never learned "not to drink the water"...

Well I did a bit of research on felt hats. Not sure if I can copy/paste a direct word for word quote from another site here so I'll interpret with my own words instead.
    Felt, it turns out, is a desirable material for a hat because it is "naturally water resistant". There's wool felt and fur felt, fur providing better rain protection. I agree with the observation that there must be cowboy hats built for the elements, no? Heck, isn't that the main purpose of a cowboy hat?...other than style. One would also think that there must be some kind of water repellant spray available that one could apply to a hat too,...no? There are also crushable felt cowboy hats available as well.

Also what comes to mind is Humphrey Bogart would have looked pretty darn silly in his many rain pouring film noire scenes if he had a plastic baggie over his fedora. Then again, I guess plastic wasn't available then. The point is, he didn't seem concerned about a little rain. But perhaps it was just for the movies .

I just think these so perceived rough and tumble guys look a tad ridiculous prancing around with little plastic baggies over their hats. Can't imagine them on the range that way.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 02-22-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Typos

+ Reply to Thread