+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Re: Jet and Cord - TAR 16

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3901203;
    You might want to take that statement back as their have been lots of allegations made recently about CBS purposely editing out the Cowboys homophobic behavior towards Jordan and Carol and Brandy throughout the race.

Several AR fans have reported that Jet used the "F-g" word in reference to Jordan and in front of Jordon's mother at TARCON this past weekend.
    At this point in time I can only base my opinion of Jet and Cord on what I saw of these two on the Amazing Race. They seem to be very nice guys and were a pleasure to watch.

Unless I can either hear or see something myself that will change my mind, then I don't give those rumors any credence. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty".

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3902298;
    At this point in time I can only base my opinion of Jet and Cord on what I saw of these two on the Amazing Race. They seem to be very nice guys and were a pleasure to watch.

Unless I can either hear or see something myself that will change my mind, then I don't give those rumors any credence. I believe in "innocent until proven guilty".
    Like I said - too many factors here that make these claims credible. It also shed a bad light I think on the duo when Dan answered the question instead of listening to what CBS said and to ignore it. Even if it did happen, the fact they answered it only puts them in a bad light.

FORT Newbie

In regard to Jet putting his stuff on top of Caite's at the Lucas challenge, I think this is ridiculous. Jet and Cord got there first, so their stuff would have been on the bench before Brett and Caite got there. B and C's stuff would have been on top of J and C's, not underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpo726;3902350;
    In regard to Jet putting his stuff on top of Caite's at the Lucas challenge, I think this is ridiculous. Jet and Cord got there first, so their stuff would have been on the bench before Brett and Caite got there. B and C's stuff would have been on top of J and C's, not underneath it.
    That's where I say this is bullhockey - she doesn't say if it's after or before. There is a potential question if Jet did toss the stuff over hers after they changed back, but she implies as you said before.

So, if it was before she's flat out wrong, and if after, it is possible it was just in a hurry to beat them and possibly beat Dan and Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by jpo726;3902350;
    I believe the statement was that the mocap suit (the spandex suit with the balls on it) and helmet were what was left on top of B&C's stuff and that Jet left it there on his way out. I don't think anyone can really know at this point what his intent was, but the facts of her assertion aren't unthinkable.

I just read the interview that Jet and Cord did. It is a very good interview, and they actually talked to Jet and Cord BEFORE THEY INTERVIEWED Dan and Jordan. So, go read what Jet and Cord have to say about the "backpack incident" in the airport. During the entire interview neither Jet nor Cord said one bad word about the brothers. If you read the entire interview, I think that you might find those "internet rumors" about Jet hard to believe. I don't believe that they are true.

When they were being grilled about the animosity between Caite and the lesbians, Jet said that they were unaware of anything that was specifically said between the two parties. So, the person doing the interview then asked if the producers just used some scenes in order to make things look worse than they really were.

Jet said that one of the things he really liked about the Amazing Race is that the producers edited things exactly as they happened. He said that they did not try to edit anyone to look any better or any worse than they really were .... if it happened, they showed it. He said no one should have a problem with how they were edited. We got to see things just as they really were during the race.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-13-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Which interview was that Longhornfan, I would like to read it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3902425;
    I just read the interview that Jet and Cord did. It is a very good interview, and they actually talked to Jet and Cord BEFORE THEY INTERVIEWED Dan and Jordan. So, go read what Jet and Cord have to say about the "backpack incident" in the airport. During the entire interview neither Jet nor Cord said one bad word about the brothers. If you read the entire interview, I think that you might find those "internet rumors" about Jet hard to believe. I don't believe that they are true.
    I have a feeling that they are indeed rumors or worse - Dan and Jordan have hated the positive feedback the cowboy team received and the near animosity toward them (particularly in the next to last leg of the race in China), so they were trying to kick them down a notch or two.

This in particular when Dan said he'd have to "watch it again" to see exactly what Jet said, but claimed the comment was said in a bar.

When they were being grilled about the animosity between Caite and the lesbians, Jet said that they were unaware of anything that was specifically said between the two parties. So, the person doing the interview then asked if the producers just used some scenes in order to make things look worse than they really were.

Jet said that one of the things he really liked about the Amazing Race is that the producers edited things exactly as they happened. He said that they did not try to edit anyone to look any better or any worse than they really were .... if it happened, they showed it. He said no one should have a problem with how they were edited. We got to see things just as they really were during the race.
    They probably did have one or two liberties in the editing (i.e. the dramatic effect of the teams being "really close" as far as the last team to be safe and the eliminated team, but I do agree that most of what you see is what you get.

Oh... there is also the one time where Dallas and Starr got a speeding ticket, so they incurred a 30-min. penalty, but they didn't show it because it didn't affect the outcome of the race or positioning they had when they arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3903439;
    I have a feeling that they are indeed rumors or worse - Dan and Jordan have hated the positive feedback the cowboy team received and the near animosity toward them (particularly in the next to last leg of the race in China), so they were trying to kick them down a notch or two..
    Nice way to dismiss "rumors" by creating some of your own. I haven't seen or heard a single ounce of evidence that makes your statement fact.

On another subject, I love it how easy people here are so easy to justify and accept Jet's homophobic behavior both during the race and at Tarcon especially when it was witnessed by several AR fans and is all over the internet.

I too was rooting for the Cowboys to win before. In fact, I previously said here that the brothers were way too emotional to pull off the win. However, I think people need to realize that the Jet and Cord that they oh so adored is the CBS-edited version of what Cowboys should be like and not the complete picture.

If you look at Cords bio. his biggest pet peeve about his brother Jet. Was he likes to voice his own opinion. Which to me means he says what he thinks at any time. So I tend to believe what Dan and Jordan were saying. I mean a pet peeve is something that you dont like about a person. right. Regardless, Dan and Jordan won, they played the better game. period.

+ Reply to Thread