+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/29 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I would really like if for one episode Erica would just SHUT UP.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

For some reason, Brian and Erika have been my favorites since Day #1. Normally I don't like divas in any form, but I like her. She's a beauty queen but she hasn't refused to get her hands dirty, and she's done much less bitching and whining than Sam and Dan! Count how many times you hear a whining " Will you Shut UP??" in every episode between those two!

Erika and Brian seem to have a great relationship, and they pull together when it counts. They support each other and respect each other, and this far into a race we usually start to see the happiest of couples sniping about the littlest things. That dentist dude from a few seasons ago that was berating his wife in every single challenge just made me want to take a fork to his eyeballs. Brian and Erika love and respect each other and it shows. Even when she's complaining about something she's NOT throwing in the towel and talking about quitting. Personally, I'm pulling for them over Ken and Barbie any day!

FORT Fogey

Cookie--hi. You and me both.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3760026;
    Cookie--hi. You and me both.
    Add me to that list. The other couple bore me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3759601;
    I have a 4 year degree and while I've heard the name, can't say that I was ever required, nor did I choose, to read any of his works. My son is a senior in high school and has been required to read many classics to which I was never exposed and he has never been required to read any Kafka, and for a teenager, he is incredibly well read. I suspect that this is not as unheard of as you think.
    Ditto--I've heard the name Kafka, but that's about it. And I have a degree, plus I read constantly. I assume it has to do with the reader's interests than education or lack of it. I've never read of the other literary references either; Cervantes wrote Don Quixote, and that's all I really know about them. I don't know who or what Hal and Franz are, or what Franz Ferdinand the band sounds like.
    I DO know who the Archduke Franz Ferdinand was, and why he was important, but under the circumstances I don't know that I could have come up with the name either.
    Actually, I'm not sure I could even endure all those ringing phones well enough to remember all five letters.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

I do not like any of the teams in the finals. The young athletic couple are so boring, and so typical of the winning combination on the show. The brothers drive me bananas. They are very annoying and frustrating to see in the finals. Brian is a doll. He is the perfect balance for his wife. I want them to win just to see him win.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3760074;
    I do not like any of the teams in the finals. The young athletic couple are so boring, and so typical of the winning combination on the show. The brothers drive me bananas. They are very annoying and frustrating to see in the finals. Brian is a doll. He is the perfect balance for his wife. I want them to win just to see him win.
    I hope they win too. I really like Brian. He's a sweetheart.

I really like Brian. It was cemented during the pulley challenge when he was on the platform and Ericka was still pulling her way in. She was really close to the end, looked to see where she was and he was leaning over with his hand out towards her and the sweetest look of "I love you to the end of the earth and YOU ROCK!!" on his face. I think she is a tough cookie. And a tired cookie. I don't mind her all that much because there are worse divas on this race (I'm looking at you, Dan...)
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3760242;
    I really like Brian. It was cemented during the pulley challenge when he was on the platform and Ericka was still pulling her way in. She was really close to the end, looked to see where she was and he was leaning over with his hand out towards her and the sweetest look of "I love you to the end of the earth and YOU ROCK!!" on his face. I think she is a tough cookie. And a tired cookie. I don't mind her all that much because there are worse divas on this race (I'm looking at you, Dan...)
    Same here for that reason. Yes, she complains, but unlike Flo in one season, Mika this season, hasn't given up.

And, true, she did have an ugly American personality this past leg of the race, but IMHO she had to. Plus, for the most part it worked because very few if any of the drunks attempted to grab a drink again after she put them down. They knew - at least vocally - she might actually deck them, so I can understand why she was ugly there. (I know there's speculation that there were staged drunks there; however, I'm not too sure as given the time they were doing this leg of the race and how this locale likes beer, I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few sloppy drunks for real there.)

Brian so rocks - That comment alone makes me smile as does his encouraging words to Ericka when she does get into a funk. The reason these two are still in the race - in spite of THEIR mistakes (yes, they did benefit from Big Easy's errors this leg) - is because they let it out, regroup, and most important of all - apologize to each other, knowing it's the race and hence are stressed. I don't notice a single whiff of true animosity (deep down kind) between the two in the commentaries they do each leg of the race; whereas with Sam and Dan I do, even if they try to hide it.

I do think that both of them are tired and we're seeing that in this leg of the race - as we did all of them. It cost the GT's the game, Sam and Dave showed how big of jackasses they could be (and how stupid they could be by risking a potentially stronger mental team on the last leg instead of a guaranteed easier time with the GT's), and how Meghan and Cheyne are pretty much the stereotypical cute couple that does very well in the game and wins. At least Dallas and Starr, then Tammy and Victor made things interesting at times with some bickering and mental blocks/stubbornness (trip through the mountains on the wrong path by Victor anyone?).

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I think it comes down to NOT how one is educated at high school or college, but what is taught, talked about, listened to, at HOME!
    More then half of what I know is from a solid raising. I think for the most part schooling is lacking in real teaching. Spent most of my time waiting.
    And that was in AP classes.

Really sorry to see the Big Guys go. They were great.

+ Reply to Thread