+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve & Josh

Steve & Josh

[IMG]images/stor/tar4_steve_josh.jpg[/IMG]

BIO

Forty-seven-year-old Steve is a supervisor at a juvenile detention facility in Santa Barbara. His biggest accomplishment is his 22-year marriage to Karen. He is a big fan of THE AMAZING RACE, and when Karen challenged him to go on the show with Josh, it all became clear: father and son needed this trip together. Plus, according to Steve, Josh is really smart and in great physical shape. Steve went to Los Angeles to talk with Josh about it, and found him camped out on Hollywood Boulevard (he had been there for days) waiting for the newest Star Wars movie to premiere. According to Steve, Josh was ecstatic when he asked him to be his teammate on the Race. Since then, Steve has been training by walking miles with a backpack every day. He likens himself to Andy Griffith on Mayberry RFD. He loves to eat, and wishes he had more willpower not to. He and Josh share a love of comic books, and Josh turned him on to building superhero models. He prides himself on being a good negotiator and on being able to bullshit through anything."

Josh, 21, is a computer technician and is attending a junior college. His hobbies include skateboarding, music and meeting new people. He describes himself as "different, free and happy." When he was younger, Josh raised steers for the Ventura County Fair and won a prize for a bull-calf. He lists this as an accomplishment he is very proud of, along with the fact that he once ate an entire bowl of butter for a dollar and never threw up. Josh is disappointed that until recently, his relationship with his father was so bad that he missed out on a lot. He has a mischievous side and loves to "stir things up." He and his dad share a "messed up sense of humor" and are both very stubborn, but comfortable with themselves. In terms of differences, Josh says, "My old man is soooo conservative it often times drives me insane. I am the polar opposite. My liberal ways are a complete 180 degrees from the way my father intended to raise me." This father/son team should be very interesting to watch make their way around the world!

I hope I'll like these two.
    I think they have a lot of potential.
    Reminds me of Dennis and Andrew from last season.
    Hope I like them as much.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ewwwwww, a whole bowl of butter?
    "That's Numberwang!"

These two are my favs

Camping for Star Wars tickets?

Both have a "messed up sense of humor"

Conservative and liberal... should be fun
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Conservative dad/liberal son can get old, but these guys sound different enough from Dennis and Andrew that they might be fun to watch. Those wily, unpredictable computer guys always make for good television.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I am a lot more excited to see teams like this, who joined because they are fans of the show, then the aspiring model/actresses. So sick of people using reality tv to make their "big break" (cough*jenna*cough). It really hasn't worked for anyone, so why are they still trying. Enough ranting. This team looks like a lot of fun. I think I'm going to find the son very funny. Butter
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I agree spegs.
    I like to see fans of previous series get a shot.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rob (S6) is an excellent example of how a person who really understands the game and doesn't care about post-show "opportunities" in show biz can really inject some life into the show.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Exactly.

I don't really think there are many post show ops for contestants nowadays, even the winners.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo
    Premium Member
    This team should be quite interesting to watch.

Originally posted by spegs
    I am a lot more excited to see teams like this, who joined because they are fans of the show, then the aspiring model/actresses. So sick of people using reality tv to make their "big break" (cough*jenna*cough). It really hasn't worked for anyone, so why are they still trying. Enough ranting. This team looks like a lot of fun. I think I'm going to find the son very funny. Butter
    Call me crazy, but I think TAR wouldn't be the kind of show that would attract those types of would-be contestants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast