+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve & Dave

I would never say anything bad about ATC's. I have a very close friend who is one, I went into the Navy as one, so I know how stressfull the job can be.

All that aside, why would a guy who obviously has a bad knee enter a game that is 98% physical?? How far does he think he's going to get? I also found it funny that he got barely down the back side of the mountain before he said to call mountain rescue.

I do like these two, they make a good team and the bond between two grown men is hard to find. My one gripe is that alot of people who are probably in better shape didn't get selected for the show and have to watch a guy struggle on day one.

Bottom line: I hope these two go far in the game!
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I think popping that knee is going to haunt them though. I feel they may not make it cause the injury is going to slow them down. It looks like they are still playing in the snow next week.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Originally posted by Ilikai
    I think popping that knee is going to haunt them though. I feel they may not make it cause the injury is going to slow them down. It looks like they are still playing in the snow next week.
    I agree, and it's too bad, because I like these guys so far. I guess we will see. If the challenges get more and more physical, I wonder how these guys will fare.
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

I was surprised - these guys are from Chicago, so they should be used to walking in snow. They seemed really out of their element the entire snow-trek.

He could not RICE it immediately, and will only have 12 hours of re-coup time.
    I definitely see it haunting them next episode.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Ilikai
    I agree, Ili...

I like this team and hope they stick around for a while. In the end, though, I don't expect them to go all that far...

Yes, sadly the injury could be a round for a while and I'm sure it will play a part in the race.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by John
    I was surprised - these guys are from Chicago, so they should be used to walking in snow. They seemed really out of their element the entire snow-trek.
    Well, I'm sure the air was thin up in the mountains, and the ground wasn't exactly flat... so I think that might have had something to do with it!
    To be a star: you must shine your own light; follow your own path; and don't be afraid of the darkness, for that's where stars shine brightest.

Watch The Amazing Race 4 on CBS Thursdays @ 8:00!!!

Re: Menace 2 Society

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    These guys are a menace. They had to be "decertified and had to go through retraining together" because they let two planes come within four miles of each other. I desperately want to avoid the airport they work at.

They are out of shape and won't last for any more than 3 episodes. Just wait until the first bungee jump, that cord had better be extra strong and tough...

Anyone taking any bets?

CG-

Are you being sarcastic about the fact that they let 2 planes get within 4 miles of each other? Because I dont see that as that big of a deal, honestly. I fly in and out of Chicago all the time-both airports-and I have no fears if another plane is 4 miles away. I mean geez....the ground is usually less than 4 miles away!! (OK, not in Midflight, but at take off and landing!) There have been other near "misses" that were only hundreds of feet away. Now THAT is something to worry about.

As a native Chicagoan, I like these 2. Their answers to their interview questions are hilarious. They are going to try their best and always keep going. I mean, even with the thin air, walking through snow, and the messed up knee, they still came in 5th last night? Just keep at it, boys! And save some pepperoni pizza for me!

That said, I do think the race will be too physical for them. I hope they stick around, but I dont see it happening. Unless there is some sort of Bowling detour.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

They seem to be very good mates.

I hope that their other skills will be able to make up for their physical limitations.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread