+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 239 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Reichen & Chip

Does it really matter though BF? As long as those fights aren't recognized as legally binding outside of Hawaii, it doesn't make a difference...

Oh wait, wrong topic... sorry
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    I don't really see them fighting and I think their education and level-headedness (at least from what I can see in their bios) will enable them to use their minds instead of their emotions in completing the tasks, which would typically be helpful. However, as many of the past winners have screamed and yelled their way to the wins, being level-headed may not necessarily be an advantage...

FORT Fogey
    What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Reichen: Hunger.

He definitely isn't cut out for Survivor...

I don't know why, but I get the feeling these two will fight a fair bit too.

I hope they don't.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Gay spouses trot globe on Amazing Race 4

By Kyle McGaw
    Contributing Writer
    http://www.dallasvoice.com/articles/...rticle_ID=3059

The Amazing Race, how sweet the sound. Hoping to recoup some of its reality television audience, CBS begins airing the fourth installment of its adventure-travel show and moves it from the Wednesday-night lineup to Thursday. Like the first three ratings-nabbing seasons, teams of two — each with a pre-existing relationship — compete in a race around the world for a $1 million prize. The teams must endure grueling physical and mental challenges to get them to the next pit stop as they trek around the globe. Couples who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, and the foot race to the final destination is always a nail-biting thrill.

Like its predecessors, The Amazing Race 4 makes no bones about including openly gay contestants in its roster. In fact, the network appropriately refers to its first same-sex “married” couple in describing the athletic and handsome 28-year-old Reichen Lehmkuhl and 36-year-old Chip Arndt. However, the latest dynamic gay duo is already poised for some must-see relationship drama. The show’s on-line profiles allude to the fact that Reichen, a pilot, likes to flirt and that Chip, a consultant/entrepreneur, is not at all happy about it. Perhaps the Murder, She Wrote network is foreshadowing some spicy tension to come for the connubial gentlemen.

By the looks of some of the straight boys, some of them models — one of them claiming to be a virgin — Arndt may have to keep one eye on his wandering nature boy at all times. Also among the 12 teams this time around are two wives of NFL players, a pair of air traffic controllers and a couple of “professional” clowns.

This season’s Amazing Race is sure to be competitive, as all the teams were more than aware of what to expect. For winnings sake, hopefully Lehmkuhl will bat his eyelashes at the right boys along the trek, Arndt will be able avert his eyes, and the CBS cameramen will capture it all for our entertainment.

I really don't have any problems with "gay" marriage, or perhaps more rightly, any more than I would with a person who maintains that the moon is made of blue cheese...but I am completely mystified as to why two successful and intelligent men such as these appear to be couldn't better extract themselves from the tyranny of U.S. Church-State relations by being a bit more creative--that is, disavowing the notion of church/society sanctioned marriage altogether. If "gay" marriage is ok, what about polygamous, bi-sexual marriages? Are those going to be ok, too? Some might like a little more variety than the old-fashioned monogamous marriages allow: have both a same-sex and opposite-sex spouse, and if one can suffer the compounded slings and arrows, several of each. Where does it end.? Chip and Reichen can legally invest their bond as a marriage, if I'm not mistaken. They would also avoid associations with the Stockholm Syndrome, IMHO.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm confused. Isn't Stockholm Syndrome supposed to be about hostages? :

I hope they don't keep arguing because the "roving eye' one is chatting up other men.

I don't like it when the teams argue.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo, I was trying to say that the "gay" marriage thing is, to me, akin the likes of the imprisoned accepting customs of their imprisoners, etc. because of psychological stress or whatever: the "gays" are reviled by a good plenty of Christian religious institutions, yet instead of freedom fighting, they wish to ape sanctioned husband and wife mating. I could have expressed myself more clearly, I do admit.

fluff, the arguing doeesn't bother me half as much a did TAR3's Flo's whine!

who cares about the social ramifications of a gay marriage. This thread is about a team in a race, not their social stature. Lets try and keep it to that and take your philisophical diatribes to the current events forum. Thank you....the night supervisor.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread