+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Monica & Sheree

As you've probably seen, their interview is posted. Sorry about the long delay this time. I promise, I'm back on track after this long holiday weekend.

Our Interview with Monica & Sheree

FORT Newbie
    Hi! Have been lurking here for a while... Love Cali's recaps and John's interviews. Just want to share an interview I heard here in Singapore with Monica and Sheree. They called in to our local station, Perfect 10, this morning. The deejays, Daniel and Carrie, really like them. Carrie kept saying that she was pulling for them all the time. And Daniel said, at the end, that their radiance shone through even through the phone interview.

Just keep in mind that everything is heavily paraphrased (I was listening to the radio on the way to work):
     India was very different from what they expected and their main problem was getting wrong directions from people.
     There was one point when the people seemed to be telling them to take a taxi, when the clue said that they couldn't. And the people didn't understand that, and probably thought that they were trying to be difficult.
     They'd never been to India before. If they had, they might still be in the race. They thought they could have made it to the Top 3. And they were disappointed to go before the models (who stood for the opposite of what they were about).
     Who were they closest to? Reichen & Chip. R&C were the first to approach them for an alliance, and always looked out for them. Other teams approached them later when they observed that they were a strong team. If I remember right, I think they also said that other teams were mean to R&C.
     Who couldn't they stand? Not a team, but an individual who was mean to her partners and others.
     Monica thinks that she would still choose Sheree if she had to do it all over again. If she were go with her husband, they would be arguing. Towards the end, when they were asked about advice to TAR wannabes, one of them said to never go with a spouse. Couldn't really make out who that was, but guess that was Monica. She said that you'd be more sensitive about criticisms from your spouse, than from, say, a friend or a sister.
     About who won: If I heard correctly, I think they said that the winners are "well-deserving". I could be wrong about this, though, as it was said very fast, and the deejay started asking something else.
     What was more important? Mental or Physical. Physical was more important in this TAR than in previous ones. If you observe the teams remaining, they're all physically strong. One of the models is strong physically.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by idoru
     They'd never been to India before. If they had, they might still be in the race. They thought they could have made it to the Top 3. And they were disappointed to go before the models (who stood for the opposite of what they were about).
    just a point of clarification, with no intention of condescension.....what were they (M&S) about? and what were the models about, that it was in opposition to what they stood for?

Thanks for the wondeful scoop idoru M&S were surely a strong team by the time they got to India. It's just too bad they ran into some bad luck.

BTW, TV Guide also has an interview with M&S. You mught want to check it out at http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/030709b.asp
    Last edited by bigbadmatt; 07-09-2003 at 04:03 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks bigbadmatt for the link to the interview in tv guide. I was also very sad to see the girls go Thursday and found myself teary eyed along with them. They really did give it there all for sure I can see why they got along so well with R&C they are great people. Monica and Sheree, you guys did a great job and will be missed You did all woman out there proud! Thanks!!!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    [QUOTE=idoru]Hi! Have been lurking here for a while... Love Cali's recaps and John's interviews. Just want to share an interview I heard here in Singapore with Monica and Sheree. They called in to our local station, Perfect 10, this morning. The deejays, Daniel and Carrie, really like them. Carrie kept saying that she was pulling for them all the time. And Daniel said, at the end, that their radiance shone through even through the phone interview.

Just keep in mind that everything is heavily paraphrased (I was listening to the radio on the way to work):
     India was very different from what they expected and their main problem was getting wrong directions from people.
     There was one point when the people seemed to be telling them to take a taxi, when the clue said that they couldn't. And the people didn't understand that, and probably thought that they were trying to be difficult.

Hi.. I'm from Singapore too... You mean they (perfect 10) finally interviewed the eliminated teams (it's finally time!) on the morning show.. Please PM me with more details cause I don't wanna pissed over the people reading the forum talking about something unrelated to Monica and Sheree.. Please tell me more about the interviews they had and also when it's broadcasted. As you can see, I wake up late almost everytime... So i might have been missing alot... Thanks
    idoru

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
     Who couldn't they stand? Not a team, but an individual who was mean to her partners and others.

Something to puzzle over.... Still cracking my head..Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread