+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Kelly & Jon

FORT Fogey
    Kelly and Jon have consistently been at the bottom of the list, mainly because I pre-judged Jon based on his rude comments in the bio and Q&A, but I'm starting to feel like I was right about these two...

In the voiceovers, we hear Kelly saying that the race is a test for their marriage and Jon has to understand that she is a partner in the race & marriage, not just along for the ride.

Right after that, we see her making the decisions without his input - grabbing the sheet music - and belittling him when he tried to reason out the clue. Ugh, what did she call him, "retarded"? I guess that's partnership to her!

Guess what, Kelly? Jon was right! She admitted he was right but I didn't see an apology. Not the most endearing moments for this happy couple.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    I think this team will self destruct just like the two most recently eliminated couples teams. They clearly don't have a very strong relationship...

I was mad when she called him retarded, and then not too much later was all huggy-kissy on him when they got their clue. That really bugged me.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by John
    I was mad when she called him retarded, and then not too much later was all huggy-kissy on him when they got their clue. That really bugged me.
    I don't understand how people could do that. She could have least apologized and not done it again. I can't stand when people do obnoxious things, then pretend they never happened. It's better to deal with issues when they come up. I also just have a big problem with somebody calling someone "retarded," because that is a derogatory term for a situation one cannot handle and that is demeaning for any handicapped people...

It was so ridiculous.
    I have learned that you cannot be offended by the term retarded in North America as people use it all the time, whether in reference to people, things or situations.
    It's either, "retarded" or "gay" (both favorites with people I hear talking out and about).

The irony of the situation with Kelly and Jon is that the comment he made that caused her to spout off was absolutely correct, Beethoven did write in more than one place, yet she was dead set on getting to the monument.

I agree with hepcat (gorgeous cat btw ) not really a shining moment for Kelly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    If other people want to call each other those terms, that's their business, but I don't think they should let her call him that on national television with children watching, same as the fake t...s comment. Just because people use those terms doesn't make it right. I don't let the kids call each other "gay" or "faggot" or "retarded," so I don't like that they can see people using it on television. As long as they don't use it themselves, though, and know why it's wrong, it's alright, though, I suppose...

How many times are these guys going to get away with misreading the clues?

I loved when Kelly told “Beethoven” that she loved his music. Now if only he had cupped his hand behind his ear and said “Pardon?”

FORT Regular
    I agree with Sheela.... That was indeed very funny when she thanksed the guy for the music. She is so kooky!

FORT Fogey
    Here's an article about Jon:

Real estate agent on course in `Race'
    DOUG HANKS

As Turf goes to print, Miami real estate agent Jon Corso remains in the running in the fourth installment of The Amazing Race, a CBS show that has contestants trekking around the world.

Race hasn't made much of a splash in the crowded pool of reality TV programs. (Notes Corso: ''We're up against Friends reruns. And they stillbeat us.'') But critics have given the show high marks for offering a smart mix of action and soap-opera antics.

Twelve couples race through a global course of obstacles, and each team fits a stereotype: a father and son on the outs, jolly middle-age buddies, self-absorbed models (from Miami Beach) and the rest. Corso, 28, is paired with fiancée Kelly Parks, 30, as the perfect couple.

He graduated from Rutgers University where he had a lacrosse scholarship, sells real estate for Coldwell Banker and recently brokered the sale of the $4.2 million penthouse at the Bentley Bay condominium in South Beach.

She's a model. (Sick yet? He actually used to model too.)

Bentley is trying to use Corso's star turn to drum up publicity for the high-end project, an effort that ran afoul of CBS secrecy rules for the show, which was taped earlier this year and airs Thursdays at 8 p.m.

''The Bentley people wanted to throw a big party for the first show,'' Corso said in a telephone interview. ``CBS put a stop to it right away.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...ss/6086249.htm

+ Reply to Thread