+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

My favorites are the Globetrotters. Theyr'e so much fun! Then next I guess it would be Meghan and Cheyne. They seem nice and do well. Not sure about Cheyne's hair, though.

Brian and Erica are fourth for me. I like them, and haven't really minded Erica. Sure, she's had her bad moments, but I don't think she's been nearly as bad as a lot of you do.

The brothers are definitely my least favorites. I didn't like them a whole lot before, and they've been worse the last couple of weeks.

And I agree that I can't believe the Race is almost over! It seems like it just started! This show really flies by! Two girls from my office just started watching it this season and love it, so that's cool. New viewers!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by sjjmom;3751266;
    I missed the part of the show where Matt finally found the message. How did he finally figure out what the candle a bra was?

He was puzzling aloud and said something about how the first word was similar (sounded like? looked like?) to a candle and then he saw that there was a candle on the table with a number on it and went from there.

Regarding the fairness of having professional athletes like the Globetrotters competing...their athletic prowess didn't really seem to help them that much in the volleyball match last night.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3751257;
    I like Megan and Cheyne. They are respectful of each other and run a clean race. Just because she isn't a screaming b*tch, like Erica, or they aren't fighting constantly doesn't make them boring to me. I would rather a team that is running a good race, like them, win. I also like the Globetrotters because they are running a good race, while enjoying themselves. I think alot of the teams lose the fun and excitement of what they are doing when they get caught up in stress and drama. This is the opportunity of a lifetime and I want to see them have fun with it.
    Megan problems is that she whines a lot when the task is too hard.
    Erica has toned it down lately. They are both good people with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf;3751347;
    Hmmm. This is my first posting on this season. I think the season is playing a little placid, somewhat low on the drama scale. That said, I hated the scene wherein one of the Trotters taunted Mika on the water slide. I already had a case against two professional athletes competing against a group of average Joes. That was a cheap shot. Then seeing the Trotter trot up from behind one of the gay twins, bump him or get bumped and whine about it? Pleeeaaassseee!
    I think that Ericka is an impossible, bad-attitude woman and likely doesn't deserve the likes of Brian. I am terribly sorry that the Montana boys got knocked out of the race. I am behind Meghan and Cheyne, *um cough*. Meghan can't get enough camera time as far as I am concerned.
    I hope the final three are Sam & Dan, Cheyne & Meghan and Brian & Ericka, but, I am not holding my breath.
    I'm sorry but I don't see that in Erica. All I see is a woman trying to play in the game and stay ahead of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3751374;
    He was puzzling aloud and said something about how the first word was similar (sounded like? looked like?) to a candle and then he saw that there was a candle on the table with a number on it and went from there.

Regarding the fairness of having professional athletes like the Globetrotters competing...their athletic prowess didn't really seem to help them that much in the volleyball match last night.
    I personally don't have a problem with the Globetrotters playing - these two aren't as well-known as some of the earlier players or a couple of the current players. If it had been any of those groups... yes, I could see a complaint.

Plus, we had Mel and Mike last season - both known in the film industry, and in a large-enough scale that they could've been considered ineligible to race, but they raced.

Either case, I haven't minded because they were all good racers.

I know that the Globetrotters are an easy mark as far as the tumble - i.e. that it was intentional - but Big Easy did slip and fall. What I do NOT think happened was that either of the duo's antics were intentional - that this was an accident. It wasn't like the "Bitch" comment last season, which was intentional (whether or not Margie should've signed it to Luke is the bye-and-bye, it still was said with malice). That said, I don't think it was smart for Big to make such a big deal about it, but how he channels that anger out will be either their success or downfall.

We still have one NEL left, which I would guess will be this coming week.

What I think will be the issue is next week when the brothers go after the taxi belonging to Erika and Brian - I think it'll be a penalty, but of course that would depend if E&B paid the taxi to stay just for them. If they did, then S&D better not be able to use it or they should be penalized because that is indeed theft - whether or not the driver chose to do so. (or, Worst case, it'll instigate a new rule, which would be nice in that case).

Count me in as another who was real sad at seeing the father/son leave.Does anyone know if Erica was a former Miss America? I know she's a Beauty Pageant contestant. I thought she was a Miss (State of whatever state she's from). But, I thought Brian said last night, she hadn't won anything in the pageant until she won Miss America. I really like Brian, but Eriica not so much.
    I don't need all my reality show contestants to be dramatic.
    However, in the case of Megan/Cheyne, I do find them very generic and, sadly, lacking personality and highly unmemorable.
    I don't really think the HG'ers have an advantage in the race because of their athleticism. Time and again, this race is won by a team who has not been overly athletic.
    I'd like HG to win, but the odds sure seem to be favoring Megan/Cheyne.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

According to the bios, Erica was Miss America 2004
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3751404;
    According to the bios, Erica was Miss America 2004
    Thanks Captain. I had no idea. I'm surprised I never knew/heard of her before now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf;3751347;
    Hmmm. This is my first posting on this season. I think the season is playing a little placid, somewhat low on the drama scale. That said, I hated the scene wherein one of the Trotters taunted Mika on the water slide. I already had a case against two professional athletes competing against a group of average Joes. That was a cheap shot. Then seeing the Trotter trot up from behind one of the gay twins, bump him or get bumped and whine about it? Pleeeaaassseee!
    I think that Ericka is an impossible, bad-attitude woman and likely doesn't deserve the likes of Brian. I am terribly sorry that the Montana boys got knocked out of the race. I am behind Meghan and Cheyne, *um cough*. Meghan can't get enough camera time as far as I am concerned.
    I hope the final three are Sam & Dan, Cheyne & Meghan and Brian & Ericka, but, I am not holding my breath.

Good post Olaf. Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

To the Point

Okay, with all the talk about the GT's being professional athletes and some mention of $$ I'm picking up on the vibe that some feel that are wealthy. Because the GT's are a privately held entertainment company it's doesn't appear that it is possible to find actual concrete information of their salaries, however, from everything I've read it seems that their BEST players do make in the six figure range. However, it needs to be noted that this is for it's BEST. There have probably been any number of folks who have been on this show that make 6 figures. That shouldn't really matter. There have also been plenty of athletic folks, they just weren't making their living in that particular way. The Globetrotters are indeed exceptional in their arena, they aren't necessarily the best of the best or they would be playing in the NBA where they could make a ton more money. They are entertainers who happen to be very gifted in basketball. As to having an advantage in the more athletic events; until they decide to have a game of HORSE or such decide a leg, I'm good with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast