+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3741157;
    Rob and Amber incurred a 4-hour penalty for not eating the meat (so did all the other teams that they encouraged to join them). IIRC, this has been the penalty for not finishing a task for a lot of years.

Momily incurred a 24-hour penalty because they gave up and didn't look for the car.

Zev and...um..partner ;-) didn't have their passports when they checked in (this is a requirement). If they had noticed hours earlier that they had lost their passports, and had then gone back to find them, and then checked in, they would have been fine. Actually, if they had been able to find their passports and gotten back to Phil before the last team checked in, they would have still been in the race. (IIRC, it was a day or more before they got their passports back after someone turned the passports into the American Embassy.)

In other seasons, teams have taken a taxi when they were supposed to walk and incurred a penalty equivalent to the time they saved.

I didn't think Brian and Erica would get much of a penalty because they didn't save time by walking. If anything, it took them much longer.

LOL just reading through your list shows me that I am right, the penalties are all over the board, and need to be more structured.

FORT Fogey

I really like Brian and Erika because--like most couples they have their disagreements and spats.

But what they do is work them out--they're very aware of problems that come up and they do their best to apologize and otherwise take care of ttheir partner--and their relationship.

IMO they are a very good example of how to be in a good relationship. And keep it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3741162;
    I really like Brian and Erika because--like most couples they have their disagreements and spats.

But what they do is work them out--they're very aware of problems that come up and they do their best to apologize and otherwise take care of ttheir partner--and their relationship.

IMO they are a very good example of how to be in a good relationship. And keep it good.

You're kidding, right?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FORT Fan

I think 30 minutes is the standard penalty for misreading a clue (which usually means taking the wrong mode of transportation). When the mode of transportation taken gives a team a time advantage (ie - they took a taxi instead of a train, or whatever), I think the time saved is added to the 30 minutes.

It's true that penalties for not completing a task seem to vary a lot. Personally, I think that's probably on purpose. The show really doesn't want people quitting on the actual tasks and taking a penalty instead. That's no fun at all! And if a task is really awful, teams might choose to take the penalty together, a la Rob and Amber. So if it's hard to figure out whether they might get an hour or 24, they are much less likely to consider skipping something. I really doubt the idea even occurred to the poker players.

Regarding Brian and Ericka - I have really liked them all along (the only couple I did like, actually). I didn't watch last week (still have it on tape) and then all of a sudden this week Ericka is a shrew! She hasn't been like that all along, so what happened? I'm not sorry that they are still there. I hope she'll pull it together for next week and stop blaming everything on him and expecting double-sympathy all the time. If not, then I'll be happy to see them go.

CCL

What happened to the 12 hour rest period? Of late they've started at what seems like 24 hours after arrival. I know sometimes it's been really a 36-hour period, but it was always the case that if you arrived at 2 in the morning you left at 2 in the afternoon (and vice versa). But Meghan & Cheyne (and the rest of the teams) arrived in the afternoon last episode and left in the afternoon this episode. Yet nothing was said. Weird.
    The poker players were pathetic. What bugged the most was the way they just seemed to be standing around most of the time looking forlorn, hugging eachother. If they had spent more time actually trying they might have been able to pull it out.
    I wanted them to make Brian and Erica go back to the beginning of the detour and bike to the dancing before they were allowed to check-in. The 30 minute penalty was nothing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3741160;
    LOL just reading through your list shows me that I am right, the penalties are all over the board, and need to be more structured.
    I think that the penalties are structured. I think that they are probably laid out in their rule books or perhaps even on the clue. Rob knew there would be a 4 hour penalty for not doing that eating challenge. I imagine that there is a standard based on what the task at hand is. Who in their right mind would actually take the chance that sitting for four hours would be a better choice than eating? That being said, I would sure love to see what the guidelines are...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3741180;
    You're kidding, right?
    No I'm not.

They really pay attention to each other and to their own behavior and when they've messed up they apologize as soon as possible.

IMO many couples could learn how to have a better relationship by watching how these two maintain their relationship so well.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3741193;
    What happened to the 12 hour rest period? Of late they've started at what seems like 24 hours after arrival. I know sometimes it's been really a 36-hour period, but it was always the case that if you arrived at 2 in the morning you left at 2 in the afternoon (and vice versa). But Meghan & Cheyne (and the rest of the teams) arrived in the afternoon last episode and left in the afternoon this episode. Yet nothing was said. Weird.
    The poker players were pathetic. What bugged the most was the way they just seemed to be standing around most of the time looking forlorn, hugging eachother. If they had spent more time actually trying they might have been able to pull it out.
    I wanted them to make Brian and Erica go back to the beginning of the detour and bike to the dancing before they were allowed to check-in. The 30 minute penalty was nothing.

It would not have mattered the Poker gals quit, they were not eliminated they gave up, they're losers.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

CCL

^ It would not have mattered in terms of who got eliminated, but still think that they should have been made to complete the detour as per the instructions.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3741197;
    No I'm not.

They really pay attention to each other and to their own behavior and when they've messed up they apologize as soon as possible.

IMO many couples could learn how to have a better relationship by watching how these two maintain their relationship so well.
    Actually, she admits to being a harpy, says she needs to stop being a harpy, and then continues to be a harpy. He has shown inhuman patience and kindness with her, and that would appear to be the only reason their relationship "works". Nearly any other man on the planet would have left her years ago.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread