+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I am so confused. Brian and Erica did not ride the bikes and got a half hour penalty, why didn't the girls just not ring the bell, but do everything else, wouldn't they just have gotten a half hour penalty also?

That's exactly what I was thinking- just skip the ringing the bell and go do the dance and then see what the penalty is. Maybe they would have to go back and ring it or just sit wait out a time penalty, but it was odd that they didn't skip it and move on. I also thought it was a tough day and sort-of expected a NEL today, but since the girls technically quit (as opposed to just coming in last), they can't make it an NEL even if they had planned on it. Interesting....

I was never a fan of the poker girls (well really Maria) but think it was unfair to have strength being part of the challenge when they were obviously mismatched with all the rest of the teams. Tiffany came close but Maria was pathetic. We really wanted Erica to go home instead. Too bad but loved the Globetrotters. They cracked my up with their dancing.

I've been wanting the poker players to go since almost the first episode. But tonite's episode had me hoping that Brian and Erica would go first. It's a toss-up for Most Annoying racer (Mika, Lance, Keri, Erica, Tiffany, Maria...and I'm sure that I must be leaving someone out who's no longer racing).

I think the poker players may have deliberately thrown the game to avoid having to "come out".

The hay bales look like great spectator fun. It wouldn't be too tough if 2 people can unroll 1 bale at a time. Depending on the size of the bale, it could be 1500 pounds that they have to get rolling. I've done it; there is a certain technique. It's much easier with a tractor, though.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Next week's episode has that infamous rolling out the bale of hay! I don't remember the season, but it is something I would never have to do on this show!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3740949;
    I am so confused. Brian and Erica did not ride the bikes and got a half hour penalty, why didn't the girls just not ring the bell, but do everything else, wouldn't they just have gotten a half hour penalty also?
    They probably didn't even consider that possibility. Shame they quit though. It could have been a NEL.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3740948;
    I cannot BELIEVE Brian and screamy are still in it! I was so hopind they'd be eliminated. She was the worst at the bell thing and they TOTALLY messed up the bikes too. And they're still in it!? *SCREAM* This seemed like a really hard road block. If you could not ring that bell then you had to fight the REALLY strong wind. It was just like she said. But Brian and Erica reminded me of that "Lion" couple when they got eliminated - all over the place.
    "Screamy" - LMAO PERFECT! I like that one!

I was wondering about that too. Maybe there was only a penalty because the bike riding part was not an actual "challenge" per se and just merely a "directive"???? Heck, I don't know. I was hoping BRIAN!!! and Miss America would give my ears a break next week.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Love the "screamy" name!

The poker players grew on me, too. It was a sad way for them to go out. I wonder if they would have been given the clue if they passed by ringing the bell?

I did some thinking on this, and came up with a conclusion - I think that Brian and Erica were given a lighter penalty than they normally would be given. They not only didn't ride the bikes they were supposed to, they also borrowed those bikes from the Dutch to ride - meaning they again didn't follow the rules. So, instead of just one penalty there should've been two - a total of one hour.

That said, because they walked so far in the clogs, which caused a long delay on its own, I think that they felt they suffered enough and dropped it down to 30 minutes. Or... they figured that even with the hour penalty, Brian and Erica would've still been safe so it was regardless and just did the 30 minute penalty.

Additionally, they didn't follow the instructions by mistake: had the poker players said they WEREN'T going to do that part of it, IMHO they'd been assessed a heavier penalty because it was intentional. It would be similar to what Rob and Amber did on the food challenge - taking the four-hour penalty for not doing the roadblock and getting the others to take it too so they'd all be on the same level. (personally, had I been in that season, I'd eaten the food anyway, and made sure I got a spot - knowing that more than likely I'd be within that four hour frame and they'd have to wait).

+ Reply to Thread