+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

And that's exactly what they did, when her time had elapsed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3737426;
    From what I remember the slide went over an aquarium where the sharks were located; the part they exited was a regular pool with no sharks.

Edited to add: looked it up. It says that the ride goes through a tunnel in the shark enclosure & then ends up in the pool so it does sound like they were safely seperated from the sharks. And it's 27.5 metres/90 feet long - yikes.
    I've been to Atlantis in the Bahamas, which looks identical to the Dubai one. There is a tunnel like you mentioned, they were completely separated from the sharks. People zip past the sharks so fast and the sharks barely pay attention to the people as they go by. It looks more intimidating than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by fung*;3738075;
    I have been rooting for Mika and Canaan, but Mika really disappointed me a lot. She had done nothing throughout the race and I actually feel sad for Canaan. He tried his best in almost every leg to stay in the race and it is the only time that he needed Mika to do something for him. But that never-grown-up little girl refused. I understand how frustrated he is and would probably try to push her down and finish the thing quick.

And I might be the only one who don't like the Globetrotters at all. I don't think it is neccessary for them to say something like that at that moment. After all it is other team's business and Mika and Canaan didn't steal their time. They should just wait and go if Mika decided not to slide down. My least favourite team left, sorry.
    It is no longer they're business alone once the other team shows up. The Globetrotters are also trying to win a game. People don't have time to sit around and wait for her to finish her childish temper tantrum over a freaking slide.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3738024;
    90 freaking feet long? Is that the equivalent of a 9-story building???
    Buildings have about 20 feet per floor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by fung*;3738075;
    I have been rooting for Mika and Canaan, but Mika really disappointed me a lot. She had done nothing throughout the race and I actually feel sad for Canaan. He tried his best in almost every leg to stay in the race and it is the only time that he needed Mika to do something for him. But that never-grown-up little girl refused. I understand how frustrated he is and would probably try to push her down and finish the thing quick.

And I might be the only one who don't like the Globetrotters at all. I don't think it is neccessary for them to say something like that at that moment. After all it is other team's business and Mika and Canaan didn't steal their time. They should just wait and go if Mika decided not to slide down. My least favourite team left, sorry.
    The Globetrotters knew that Mika and Canaan had a time limit and they would be able to go after the 2 minute time limit was up whether Mika had gone or not, so it was really uneccessary for them to be cruel. Mika was already scared to death, and although I think she was totally wussy about things, there was no need for taunting her. I've liked the Globetrotters up until now, although I never really root for already rich people to win, but now I'm rooting for karma to bite them in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3736855;
    From a review of my own phobias versus my fears I think there might be a big difference between "fear of" and "phobia."

IMO only of course.
    I agree with you. Having dealt with people with phobias while working in a mental facility, with two of my sons and having one true phobia of my own, phobias are quite different from fears. People have much less control over phobias. Thinking of it this way I should probably have more sympathy than I did for Mika. Phobias are truly difficult things and difficult to understand if you don't really have one.

All I have left to say about Mika is, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. I thought that the Globetrotters were fairly easy on her, considering how rough they could have gotten. It's usually a guy thing that other guys understand (I guarantee you that her boyfriend "got it").... This is an adult game; expect anything. She was being who she was; they were being who they are, and they were in low gear due to her histrionics. Sounds fair to me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3738257;
    It is no longer they're business alone once the other team shows up. The Globetrotters are also trying to win a game. People don't have time to sit around and wait for her to finish her childish temper tantrum over a freaking slide.
    They had to wait. Mika and Canaan had two minutes to go down the slide. So I don't think they should have said something like that within that two minutes. Whatever they tried to win or not, to wait there for two minutes is the rule and I have absoulute no idea why they would discourage other teams when it was not neccessary.

The Globetrotters knew that if Mika went down that slide they (Globetrotters) would be the last team to check in. They did what anyone else would have done when racing for a million dollars. It isn't as if they went overboard or anything with it. They were trying to make it to the mat before Mika and Canaan. It's a race. They talked some trash. Big deal. Mika wasn't going down the slide no matter what (as she proved) so it in no way kept her from going down the slide.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3738728;
    They did what anyone else would have done when racing for a million dollars.
    <-- not this anyone

+ Reply to Thread