+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

hcw

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;3736068;
    Globetrotters asked a clerk for a calculator. Cannot believe that lifeguard would let Canaan(?) try to "throw" Mika unto the water slide.
    Although Dubai is putting on a modern face, it still is part of the UAE, where women have limited rights. The guard was probably wondering why Mika didn't throw her down the slide.

hcw

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3736075;
    The Globbies are psyching out Mika! I LOVE IT! It's HILARIOUS!!
    Me too, I would so do the same. She is sitting there having a hissy. They are doing nothing but trash talk which I so would have done too if I could have moved ahead. It is a game to win a lot of money.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3736798;
    Although Dubai is putting on a modern face, it still is part of the UAE, where women have limited rights. The guard was probably wondering why Mika didn't throw her down the slide.

I think you mean Canaan's throwing her down the slide?

In any case I too thought about what the laws regarding assaults against women might be there--if they even exist.

It's possible that a man cannot even be charged with assault for laying hands on a woman--no matter what he does to he.

Some versions of Sharia (law) are unfortunately quite biased against women as equal human beings.

You know Mika and her little Temper tantrum was truly ridiculous. Ericka is afraid of water and she didn't throw a hizzy fit she went down the slide. I think really there was nothing anyone could have done to persuade her to go down that slide. Mika was so scared of the slide she failed to notice the sharks. Omg Help the person who delivers her babies.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

From a review of my own phobias versus my fears I think there might be a big difference between "fear of" and "phobia."

IMO only of course.

FORT Regular

TVGuide.com: Canaan, a lot of people think you were abusive toward her, trying to push her and pulling her fingers off the bar. Do you think you were out of line?
    Canaan: Abusive my butt! I did what any competitive person would do. I wanted to win the race. I tried every angle for 45 minutes. I tried being sweet, understanding and patient with Mika, and that wasn't working. I tried being forceful and brash, and that wasn't working. Going into the race, I knew if we got to the point where we had to jump off a building or anything like that and she was going to hold us up, I would push her. I don't regret trying to do that. I don't think it was abusive in the least. I think people need to take another look at what abuse means.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;3736879;
    TVGuide.com: Canaan, a lot of people think you were abusive toward her, trying to push her and pulling her fingers off the bar. Do you think you were out of line?
    Canaan: Abusive my butt! I did what any competitive person would do. I wanted to win the race. I tried every angle for 45 minutes. I tried being sweet, understanding and patient with Mika, and that wasn't working. I tried being forceful and brash, and that wasn't working. Going into the race, I knew if we got to the point where we had to jump off a building or anything like that and she was going to hold us up, I would push her. I don't regret trying to do that. I don't think it was abusive in the least. I think people need to take another look at what abuse means.
    So why couldn't he understand the Globetrotters position. They only did what any competitor would, try to win the game. If it had of been me I would have told her to either jump or hit the road. All of that unnecessary crying and moaning for 45 mins! sheesh.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;3736879;
    45 minutes mmmm......

I think Mika needs to grow up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3736674;
    I fully agree. She seemed to have a very disastruous mix of phobia, exhaustion, anxiety and nervousness, and Canaan's horrid behavior towards her didn't help at all. I myself have a very strong phobia of sharks, and considering it was a tank full of sharks down there, I know I very possibly wouldn't have been able to do that task myself, even if it had taken a simple closing of my eyes. Thus, I cannot fault Mika's fear, no matter how whiny she was being, but it can be faulted that she went into this race knowing there are always challenges involving water and heights. What are these people thinking, anyway? Maybe they're simply not thinking.
    They are probably hoping that the tasks won't involve any of their fears. I, for example, would hope against hope that there wouldn't be a jumping out of a plane task, or a bungee jump. Sometimes I think the producers specifically put in tasks that they know involve one or more of the racers' fears/dislikes.

As for Canaan... I think he was frustrated and he certainly went too far but I don't know that I can necessarily say that means he is abusive "in real life."

I was glad that the Globetrotters got to continue in the race. Those two make me laugh. I'm hoping they and the father-son team make it to the end.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by judibug;3736543;
    Spockwhat: You're are right about telling someone with depression "you can decide to be happy." As someone who has fought it for 20 years, I can tell you that you CAN'T just decide to be happy if your brain starts manufacturing too much or too little of a certain hormone. My doctor said it's like telling someone with two broken legs, "Oh, Come on! Get up and walk!" That kind of depression isn't a mental illness as much as a physical one.
    Totally! All mental illnesses are physical ones, I think... the brain is a physical thing, though people tend to forget it.

Psychology is a relatively young science, and we have years and years to go before we discover how all mental illnesses are related to the physical brain and what we can do to treat these things.

We've come a long way since doctors determined mental illness as being possessed by demons. But, apparantly, we still have a long way to go.

Some day, hopefully, doctors will discover the link between the brain and phobias, and people will no longer have to be told to "get over it, just do it, and grow up."

+ Reply to Thread