+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3724831;
    So what do you do if you lose your passport in a foreign country? I wonder how long they were stuck there waiting to be able to get home.
    You just have to get a new (temporary) one at the Embassy. Happened to my friend/travel partner in Thailand. It's actually very quick as long as you have easy access to an Embassy. The new one was only good for a year. My friend has her new on within a couple of hours.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Aww, bummer. They were my favorite.

Now I guess I'm favoriting the father/sun farmers.

FORT Regular

In most countries there aren't many places where you need to show your passport: getting on a plane, changing money, checking into a hotel and renting a car are pretty much it. Why wouldn't they all carry their passports in a neck pouch or a money belt? It shouldn't be possible to lose your passport. (And to answer #66, you go to your embassy, prove your identity some other way and they will issue a replacement within a day. But if you happen to be stuck a long way from the capital or a consulate, or you lose all of your i.d., including the photocopies of your passport that you should be carrying, you will be severely inconvenienced. And in some countries you will also have to get a replacement visa before you can leave the country, which is a whole separate process. Losing a passport can be way worse than losing your money or your stuff.)
    Last edited by fan999; 10-11-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;3724845;
    When my cousin began to work with autistic children it really opened my eyes. Zev having aspergers and coming on the race shows he is progressing and taking his condition head on! good for him! As far as running home to Mommy, I think thats a little unnecessary. He doesn't need his mother, he seems like a fully functioning adult, just in need of understanding. Its not his job to get along with us, he can't change.. its us who have to learn to get along with people like him.. we can change.
    I wish I had archived all the episodes. Zevvie said some amazingly astute things. If nothing else, his self-confidence and self esteem were boosted on the Race, except that the passport incident may cancel that out. He needs ultimate support from his understanding family and friends (who doesn't, after all?).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3724842;
    The amazing cameramen never showed them losing the passports, did they? (Or did I miss it?)

It's kinda rare for them to miss it.
    I saw something fall out of the cab when they got in, at one point. Nobody seemed to notice.

ThinkPink
    , I'll go along with you thinking the way that you want; please allow me to do the same.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I am absolutely disgusted at how none of them recognized Jackie Kennedy.

Come on. I'm 41 years old. These people can't be that much younger than me.

I'm just really put out over that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. How could anyone who has studied US history not know/recognize Jackie?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by fan999;3724851;
    In most countries there aren't many places where you need to show your passport: getting on a plane, changing money, checking into a hotel and renting a car are pretty much it. Why wouldn't they all carry their passports in a neck pouch or a money belt? It shouldn't be possible to lose your passport. (And to answer #66, you go to your embassy, prove your identity some other way and they will issue a replacement within a day. But if you happen to be stuck a long way from the capital or a consulate, or you lose all of your i.d., including the photocopies of your passport that you should be carrying, you will be severely inconvenienced. And in some countries you will also have to get a replacement visa before you can leave the country, which is a whole separate process. Losing a passport is way worse than losing your money or your stuff.)
    I think that many of the roadblocks are eliminated (puns intended) since TPTB obviously have connections by virtue of having permission to film there in exchange for bringing $$$ and advertisement to the country, and the average tourist wouldn't have such.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Having a son with Asperger's I could see the traits in Zev. I think one advantage he did have was that you had to get from "point A to point B by doing certain tasks." It was spelled out in black and white and you had to do it. At the end it said to go to CBS.com to follow Zev and Justin - I would suspect on there it will tell us where the passport was eventually (if ever) found.

Didn't mean to sound rude prhoshay, sorry if I came off as such.

I forgot about the pink hair father/son team.. I think I'll pull for them now also.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

+ Reply to Thread