+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3725269;
    Was it just me or did Phil knew they lost their passport? I say that because when the guys made it to the mat, Phil said "You are team #!". but he didn't say what the prize was like he normally do. I'm thinking he had to of known.
    Just my observation.
    Maybe they cut the part where Phil announced the prize out?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Perhaps it was just one of those legs of the race that did not offer a first place finsih prize. I know they have had those in prior seasons.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm thinking they probably cut out the part where they received the prize. I wonder if they got to keep it if there was one or the brothers got it (they came in second right so they'd have moved to first?) or else they deferred it to the next leg?
    It's good to hear that someone returned Zev's passport. Wonder if it was a local or someone else.

Ger

I love this show and was sorry to see Zev and Justin go from first place to last because they lost their pass ports.
    I am glad to hear they got them back tho' but I will miss them.

I like the father and son team so think I will root for them now but really like most of the teams except Lance and Keri and would not mind seeing them booted off the show

As for the picture of Jackie, I did know that was her right off the bat BUT I am a older woman so remember when John was president.

Horrible episode. I can't believe they came in first and then were elimanted! I was hoping Lance & Kery or the poker sisters would be out.

Quote Originally Posted by ntm;3725263;
    I saw a passport look-alike on the ground at the exit of the monkey see/monkey do roadblock while Justin and Zev were boarding their taxi to the pitstop. Here is my screen capture:

I really liked Zev and Justin. So sad to see them eliminated like this.
    A+. Couldn't the show show us where it was? How sloppy was that?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3725573;
    Jackie Kennedy, to this day, is not only a figure in US history, but she is a figure in fashion history.

Teachers don't make history interesting or fun, and I think that's a real problem. It is what you make it. What few teachers DO make it fun will give you facts in ways that you will never forget.

And when Jackie was scrambling out of the back of that convertible when President Kennedy was shot, there is no way she was in "recover the skull piece" mode; she was in survival mode....flight mode....a normal human reaction.
    I totally disagree. I found nearly all of my classes interesting, even history. Kids go to school and are just bored to death by everything. I don't know what they want, but it's not learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Omicron;3725686;
    I just watched the "Elimination Station" video on CBS.com and when Justin and Zev went to the American Embassy to get a replacement passport it had been already turned in. It seems they went into a temple they weren't supposed to go into. It was dark and Justin pulled his headlamp out of his bag and the passport came out with it and fell onto the floor. Justin said he really felt bad then since they were in first place. They were over 48 hours late checking into the Elimination Station.
    48 hours!? Can't tell on TV. That is so sad. Why does the show leave out freaking huge details like this though? Temple? What!?
    Last edited by Endit; 10-14-2009 at 04:14 AM.

With respect to the young folk not knowing Jackie Kennedy, I'm sorry, but their age is no excuse. I recognize pictures of, say, Eleonor Roosevelt when I see them and she died when I was two leaving behind far fewer visual images than Jackie did. Not to mention that Jackie's picture is still trotted out during any reference to John, John Jr. and Caroline in the news, and is shown at every display of replicas of her jewellery for sale, and every single documentary/docudrama about the sixties. I might be inclined to wager that her image has been shown at about 75% of the frequency of Marilyn Monroe's image, and that is still a hell of a lot. Anyone, no matter their age, who is not familiar with the woman is just not paying any attention to the world around them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm also really sad that Zev and Justin were eliminated over something like this. They seemed to be really decent people in so much that they did... from giving the jacket to making friends every where they went.

Just a sh***y way to go.

+ Reply to Thread