+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ntm;3725263;
    I saw a passport look-alike on the ground at the exit of the monkey see/monkey do roadblock while Justin and Zev were boarding their taxi to the pitstop. Here is my screen capture:

I really liked Zev and Justin. So sad to see them eliminated like this.
    Wow! good eye.

So sad to see Zev and Justin eliminated. I really liked them.
    Fortunately, this season most of the teams, so far, seem OK.
    Lance and Keri seem to be the only exception.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3725269;
    Was it just me or did Phil knew they lost their passport? I say that because when the guys made it to the mat, Phil said "You are team #!". but he didn't say what the prize was like he normally do. I'm thinking he had to of known.
    Just my observation.
    I wondered about that too. Nobody got a prize last night.

I most certainly recognize Jackie O when shown a picture, but I must say when first shown that picture last night I didn't immediately recognize her. After they said it and it was a closer picture I could tell, so I wasn't sure that if I'd been there looking at the picture it would have been different, as things do look different on tv. The other thing to remember about history which is what I realized when my MIL was complaining about the lack of history being taught. She had 50 less years of history to learn. So it's a huge difference in what they are able to cover in the same amount of time. I don't think they take any longer to teach it, but they cram all those extra years into the same time. It's not that history isn't being taught, it's that things that used to be taught aren't as important in the scope of what else to fit in with the new history that also has to be taught.

I was really rooting for Zev and Justin, they were my favorite team. Guess I'll have to find a new favorite. The Globetrotters are my husband's favorites. Not that he's really watching the show, but likes them on general principle! Too bad about the passport. I think normally Justin did carry the passport. When they were discussing it he couldn't remember if he'd gotten it back from Zev. I think when Zev needed to use it at the airport Justin may not have gotten it back from him then. They just ran out from the airport and got into the taxi. Good catch NTM on the passport if that's what it is. Normally the show will edit where they lost it and make a big deal out of showing it being lost, so I don't think they (TPTB) knew where it was lost.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3725479;
    She had 50 less years of history to learn. So it's a huge difference in what they are able to cover in the same amount of time. I don't think they take any longer to teach it, but they cram all those extra years into the same time. It's not that history isn't being taught, it's that things that used to be taught aren't as important in the scope of what else to fit in with the new history that also has to be taught.
    OMG - I hadn't thought of that. That's put a BIG lightbulb on over my head.

Let's see - what's happened since I graduated High School...

Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama Presidencies...

Numerous wars/invasions...

The 9/11 attacks...

The fall of the Berlin Wall...

The dissolution of the Soviet Union...

For starters.

Ok. Much as I hate to say it (because it makes me feel OLD), I have to cut people in their 20's major slack.

Sigh. It's been a remarkable couple of decades, hasn't it?

Add the Kennedy Assassination, the 1st man on the moon, Vietnam...oh and my favorite Woodstock
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jackie Kennedy, to this day, is not only a figure in US history, but she is a figure in fashion history.

Teachers don't make history interesting or fun, and I think that's a real problem. It is what you make it. What few teachers DO make it fun will give you facts in ways that you will never forget.

And when Jackie was scrambling out of the back of that convertible when President Kennedy was shot, there is no way she was in "recover the skull piece" mode; she was in survival mode....flight mode....a normal human reaction.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

If my husband were just shot, and I was as yet unsure if he was dead or alive, I would not budge from his side. Thoughts of my own protection would probably not be at the forefront.

It's hard to say what was going through her mind at that moment. And I doubt anyone has ever asked her directly, "what were you thinking?!?!?"

FORT Newbie

I just watched the "Elimination Station" video on CBS.com and when Justin and Zev went to the American Embassy to get a replacement passport it had been already turned in. It seems they went into a temple they weren't supposed to go into. It was dark and Justin pulled his headlamp out of his bag and the passport came out with it and fell onto the floor. Justin said he really felt bad then since they were in first place. They were over 48 hours late checking into the Elimination Station.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3725479;
    I most certainly recognize Jackie O when shown a picture, but I must say when first shown that picture last night I didn't immediately recognize her. After they said it and it was a closer picture I could tell, so I wasn't sure that if I'd been there looking at the picture it would have been different, as things do look different on tv. The other thing to remember about history which is what I realized when my MIL was complaining about the lack of history being taught. She had 50 less years of history to learn. So it's a huge difference in what they are able to cover in the same amount of time. I don't think they take any longer to teach it, but they cram all those extra years into the same time. It's not that history isn't being taught, it's that things that used to be taught aren't as important in the scope of what else to fit in with the new history that also has to be taught.

I was really rooting for Zev and Justin, they were my favorite team. Guess I'll have to find a new favorite. The Globetrotters are my husband's favorites. Not that he's really watching the show, but likes them on general principle! Too bad about the passport. I think normally Justin did carry the passport. When they were discussing it he couldn't remember if he'd gotten it back from Zev. I think when Zev needed to use it at the airport Justin may not have gotten it back from him then. They just ran out from the airport and got into the taxi. Good catch NTM on the passport if that's what it is. Normally the show will edit where they lost it and make a big deal out of showing it being lost, so I don't think they (TPTB) knew where it was lost.
    I remember in either 5 or 6th grade doing Ohio history and then in 7th grade American history. American history only covered colonization, the War of Independence and the Civil War. We really never got past that. I learned all about the World Wars watching movies and the rest was on the news.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread