+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

One thing I liked was when one of the brothers was helping Tiff/Maria, and Tiffany told them to worry about their own animal so that their progress wouldn't be impeded. I thought that was a good move.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3718653;
    One thing I liked was when one of the brothers was helping Tiff/Maria, and Tiffany told them to worry about their own animal so that their progress wouldn't be impeded. I thought that was a good move.
    Yep, that was impressive. Does Maria ever smile? and what was up with her not helping Tiffany push the animal?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3718675;
    Yep, that was impressive. Does Maria ever smile? and what was up with her not helping Tiffany push the animal?
    When Tiffany said, "We're the only team without a man to do the heavy lifting" (paraphrased), I said to my husband, they're the only team not working together...all the other teams used both people to move the animal (one pushing and one pulling).

And then Tiffany took apart the VCRs, too! Maria's going to have to do something at some point...

Missed the premiere last week, so last night was my first glimpse at the couple. I was sorry to see Marcy and Ron eliminated. They seemed to have a lot less drama than some of the other teams. I really like the Globetrotters, so I hope they can keep up the pace. Though Keri and Lance tend to grate on one's nerves, so far I haven't found any team overly annoying. But, I know, as in prior seasons, that can change fairly soon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3718693;
    When Tiffany said, "We're the only team without a man to do the heavy lifting" (paraphrased), I said to my husband, they're the only team not working together...all the other teams used both people to move the animal (one pushing and one pulling).

And then Tiffany took apart the VCRs, too! Maria's going to have to do something at some point...

Maria did do something. She ate two wasabi bombs!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3718130;
    Sorry to lose Marcy and Ron. Poker girls were far more likeable this episode. Hope it's not the Globetrotters who lose their passports next week.
    That was the feeling I got, that it is the Globetrotters who lose their passports.......please don't let it be true. Pawpaw do you know anything about this?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

hcw

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3718517;
    . I liked Marcy's whistle...glad she thought to bring it. I'm sorry they lost, but at least she went out on an emotional memory of her father.

Gary and Matt are in the top three after having won last week. I loved it when Gary's eyes lit up when he saw the VCR deconstruct for recycle challenge. "I've taken apart a VCR before, just to see how it worked." I like this kid...a nascent inventor?

I.
    I agree about Marcy and her dad. As an Air Force Family, I can so relate to her feelings. God Bless everyone who is doing what they feel they must to protect the rights of others and help thier families stay strong.

As for taking apart the VCR, as a mother of a son, I could so relate. The only thing that stopped me from killing that kid after finding him with a screwdriver is the guidance counselor told me that was an indicator of giftedness. I replied that if he was truely gifted he would have put the darn thing back together.

Lance is that type of person that gives America's traveling overseas a bad name.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;3719134;
    I agree about Marcy and her dad. As an Air Force Family, I can so relate to her feelings. God Bless everyone who is doing what they feel they must to protect the rights of others and help thier families stay strong.

As for taking apart the VCR, as a mother of a son, I could so relate. The only thing that stopped me from killing that kid after finding him with a screwdriver is the guidance counselor told me that was an indicator of giftedness. I replied that if he was truely gifted he would have put the darn thing back together.
    Now that's one I'm writing down. Excellent comeback!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

It was such a mistake to attempt to create a foreign language word without seeking any help. The clue didn't say anything about doing it with no help. How could anyone think they could do that on their own?

I don't know how much time they actually lost (the editors are lousy at giving us accurate assessments of the passage of time), but I'm sure it was considerable. And as many people there who speak English, it would've taken them all of 5 minutes to find someone.

Sometimes I think people just get these weird mental blocks on this show...

I sorta wish at the end of the show they'd had some mention of how the landfills are filling up with PCBs and junk from all the Western waste we dump in countries like Vietnam. I wonder how many people are aware of that.

Anyway, that couple screwed up and even though there are a couple other teams I'd like to see gone, they deserved to go. They're not 'thinking'.

+ Reply to Thread