+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3713108;
    I actually like this couple. She impressed me. I guess I was expecting a real snot and I didn't get that. She got down in the much, chased those ducks and didn't seem bothered that she was very dirty... She never gave up, either.
    I like Ericka and Brian, too, and hope they are around awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3713081;
    Agreed, I'm not too fond of that "street lawyer" either.
    Agreed. He and his "wicked smahhhht" girlfriend are already on my nerves. I hope they go soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3713076;
    Of course he shouldn't have said that, so blame him for saying it, but not because he's a Christian. I don't get the Christian bashing. He didn't claim to be better than anyone else, just that he's trying to live a set of standards that he believes in in his own life. He obviously thinks they are the correct standards or he wouldn't be attempting to live them. I assume we all try to live in a way we believe is the best way for us and we all fail to live up to our own standards sometimes, especially under stress. Most of us lose our temper and hopefully as we age learn to control it better. Why is that a bad thing to try to live up to something? Why would people expect him to be perfect and never lose his temper, just because he's Christian. I hope and assume he feels bad about what he said and losing his temper. He never claimed to be perfect, just that he's working on it.
    Canaan brought up his Christianity and his high standards himself so it's fair game to question when there is a discrepancy like this. I'm not Christian bashing, just questioning his intergrity.

I like Erika and Brian so far as well. Not my faves...but I like them. It's the poker players that drive me batty. Blah blah blah on and on about how they read people and poker this and poker that, and already they haven't been able to keep their "poker faaces" long enough to fool some of the teams. Then they look at one of the sweetest guys on the race (Zev) and comment negatively on him. Way to read people and come up with great stategies (lying about their occupations). Hope they play poker better than they have run this race in the beginning.

I'm in the minority, but I'm Team Poker over here. Granted, I went in rooting for Tiffany and Maria, but at the same time I still think that aside from their meltdowns, they did fairly decently. Zev is definitely hilarious, and I loved how he gave the jacket because "the other guy needed it more". It may not be the best for the game, but they will get looked upon nicely by the Karma Police. My younger brother has Aspergers and I noted a lot of similarities between the two-slightly funny tones of voice, can be very calm at some tasks, says what's on their mind, not as great with changes (needs to have a daily routine).

Ericka and Brian will be funny too, although Erika should have invested in pants with a better elastic waistband, because unless my eyes deceived me she had her thong hanging out all episode (sorry, I'm nitpicky). Marcy is a riot. I love her. She's almost like Teri and Ian mixed with the Hippies, which I love. Gary and Matt will probably be hilarious, although Vyxsin had better use of pink hair. And the Globetrotters? Love them.

Oh, and three words, as said by Gary Busey: "Sweet...Geor-gia Brown!" Seriously I loved the over use of SGB, I laughed so hard my ribs hurt, between that and the Sushi Roulette.

Wasn't sorry to see either of the two teams who left, leave. Mika/Canaan can leave soon, for all I care. Lance/Keri, ditto. He annoyed the tar out of me. The brothers I want to like, but I'm fairly neutral on for now. Cheyne and Jess, to me, are very vanilla. They are obvious threats due to their athleticism and youth, but they just don't exude a lot that makes me like or dislike them.

The tasks were definitely good, and I liked how your finish at the license plate task determined what plane you got although in the end, it didn't matter. I do hate how teams are spoonfed flights and such most of the time (except the first leg) but you had to have them close because you couldn't start Sushi Roulette until everyone was there.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

^ I'm with you in the minority. My faves are actually Team Pokerface then Team Montana. I can't wait to see what happens with the poker gals and how they connect (or not) with the other teams. The challenges were fun especially the duck herding. It sucked that the a team got a eliminated super early on. Oh and Lance annoys me. The comment about not having a summer home in Vietnam. Yeah...not much to like.

Otherwise, I'm still iffy on the other teams. So happy this show is back on!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3712575;

I wonder if Jerry would be diagnosed with Aspergers these days too?
    I'm all for team Aspergers! My nephew has it. There is no way he would have been able to do this before he was diagnosed and put on medication that worked for him. It made all the difference.

I'm pretty much assuming Zev must be on some medications that help him deal with it, and has also had counseling to learn coping skills. I think that the race is probably more difficult for him than he lets on, or else he has a very very mild case. Either way I think that team is pretty awesome; they're funny, generous, non complaining, hard working and treat each other well. At least, so far

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I thought it was very funny that the "poker" players were outed at the Tokyo airport by a Japanese man who recognized one as a semi-finalist in a championship. Way to leave game-happy Japan, girls! LOL

I think the audience at the game show (Wasabi!) were all tourists and not familiar with the city as natives would be, so that would make the challenge of leading more difficult - especially through the crowds. I was surprised how well most of the teams got through this part of the challenge - in spite of herding tourists. I was really disappointed that it was a non-elimination leg, but then got my Ahhh moment with the outing at the airport.

I loved the Vietnam challenges this go around. Regarding the farmer appearing western - I am of European descent yet a woman from Vietnam whose family had migrated there from China swore I looked exactly like her sister. Remember also that during the war there were babies born of American fathers who were shunted onto the streets because they were different. The farmer could have been one of those - all grown up.

Everyone was ready to get down and dirty in the mud...another LOL moment as it was fertilized mud...which I don't think they realized. If they had, they may not have been so eager to slip and slide. I was so glad the team that lost the clue was able to find it and not lose too much time because of it.

I loved the duck herding. And it seemed you had to be a "whisperer" in order to get them to move where you wanted them to go. Unless, that is, you are a big, bulky Globetrotter, who would intimidate anything in his path - including ducks.

I like the make up of the group this time...there are some to dislike and some to root for...GO TAR! I even saw a Phil eyebrow during the last mat. What fun to have TAR back on my TV.

Still on Team Poker. I hate that they lost their tourists, I hope that someone kept an eye on them. I did find it funny that a fan outed them to everyone, and they seemed to take it with some humor.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I think they figured that eventually, someone would figure them out-a lot of people watch the WSOP .
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread