+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;3712676;
    I'm excited the show is back too!

I missed the first 10 minutes. What was the license plate thing about? What were they supposed to be finding?

And did they start with more teams than usual this time?
    12 teams were given their clue which had some symbols at the top, plus the description of the task.

They had to all run over to a wall that had 1,000 license plates on it, including 11 foreign plates. Several of the teams didn't even notice the symbols on the clue at first, several did, and several mismatched the symbols to those on the plates. So there was a lot of running back and forth to Phil with multiple tries.

They had to find a plate with the same symbols as on the clue. One couple was eliminated (the yoga teachers) and they didn't even get to travel once (first time ever the show did that).

There was a non-elimination round in Japan, and the 2nd couple was eliminated in Viet Nam.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Ugh, I was so disappointed with these episodes. The initial elimination was horrible. I would have kicked Phil in the groin if I got eliminated before leaving the country. The challenges were all boring. Too many mactors. The only thing I liked were the ducks.

Maybe I am still just remembering the thrill of the insane bungee jump and the hilarity of the cheese carrying task from last season's premier. That was one of the best episodes ever.

Tuned in late and all I saw was the Japanese game show and thought I had recorded the wrong show,lol. The Wasabi is some spicy stuff. I had a friend who ate some and her throat closed up from it and she had to go to the hospital. Do they ask about food allergies prior to coming on the show? Love the Globetrotter and the Godzilla comment had me lmao.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3712593;
    Isn't she the chick with the anger issues?
    So HE says. Personally, I think it's the other way around...

I'm really liking Zev. He's a sweetie and he's pretty funny.

Poker chicks need to go. Annoying.

There is a reason the ones who took it nice and easy and calm while herding the ducks finished in the top half. Ducks (I use to raise them as a kid) do not like it when you run at them or make a lot of noise. It frightens them...hence the running away. I always think I'd suck at TAR challenges, but this one...I think I would have rocked it! I like animals better than I like most people and they seem to like me back.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3712538;
    Now here's another little tidbit. My Vietnamese nail tech told me that Vietnamese people who were mixed with other ethnicities...a lot of them had been kicked out of Vietnam, to the country with which they were "blended". Count me as blown away, yet again!
    Those that were lucky enough to be kicked out. Those that weren't were mistreated or outright killed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3712681;
    12 teams were given their clue which had some symbols at the top, plus the description of the task.

They had to all run over to a wall that had 1,000 license plates on it, including 11 foreign plates. Several of the teams didn't even notice the symbols on the clue at first, several did, and several mismatched the symbols to those on the plates. So there was a lot of running back and forth to Phil with multiple tries.

They had to find a plate with the same symbols as on the clue. One couple was eliminated (the yoga teachers) and they didn't even get to travel once (first time ever the show did that).
    Thanks for the info! The person watching it with me (who isn't really a fan) told me they started in San Francisco (which was weird because it looked like they were standing in the LA River). Anyway... I didn't understand the start until now.

FORT Fogey

Couple I like the best so far--a tie between the Harlem Globetrotter guys and the father and son.

The couple I want GONE--the lyin' poker gals. What a stupid thing to do--tell a BIG lie at the beginning of the race--and one that can definitely come back and bite you in the behind.

Funniest couple--well one member is--Ericka was hilarious with her comments while duck-herding. I hope she continues to exhibit her sense of humor verbally.

Loved the setting of Vietnam. The people all seemed so helpful--and they seemed to have a great sense of humor too--especially when watching the foolish Americans slip 'n slide in the mud.

I enjoyed last night. Too bad for the 1st team to be eliminated before leaving the country. I liked the Harlem Globetrotters, the father and son, and the friends (one with Asperger's). I didn't like the poker girls and the annoying lawyer. I laughed that the guy who talked so much about being a Christian lost it when his gf had trouble with the ducks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3712736;
    I enjoyed last night. Too bad for the 1st team to be eliminated before leaving the country. I liked the Harlem Globetrotters, the father and son, and the friends (one with Asperger's). I didn't like the poker girls and the annoying lawyer. I laughed that the guy who talked so much about being a Christian lost it when his gf had trouble with the ducks.
    You'd think people would learn from previous seasons not to trumpet their Christian-ness just because of many incidents like that.

In a way I feel sorry for them when that happens--and in a way I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by smartycat;3712683;
    Ugh, I was so disappointed with these episodes. The initial elimination was horrible. I would have kicked Phil in the groin if I got eliminated before leaving the country. The challenges were all boring. Too many mactors. The only thing I liked were the ducks.

Maybe I am still just remembering the thrill of the insane bungee jump and the hilarity of the cheese carrying task from last season's premier. That was one of the best episodes ever.

Just hold on, I'm sure the thrill seeker task are coming Although I thought last night challenges were pretty good. I know I wouldn't eat a washbi dish or chase ducks around. For one, ducks scare me and I am allergic to the feathers.

+ Reply to Thread