+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mika & Canaan-TAR 15

LG.

Re: Mika & Canaan-TAR 15

I think Brandon's rationale is that he is a professional model who gets most of his work because of his awesome hair. Cutting the hair would cost him jobs. I guess that makes sense, but if you won $1 Million you could take a year off and grow your hair back. I was so impressed with the couple that actually shaved their head (different season, maybe), but the woman had long braids and shaved it all off - and they won. Her husband was already bald, so it was really on her, and the short 'do looked good on her too.

back to the God Squad - I have no problem with people having a religion, and I think that the show likes to play up that aspect for ratings reason. The real question to me is whether they are following through with their faith, which in my humble opinion means showing others (locals, competitors, cab drivers, well, everyone) respect and dignity, and treating each other with love?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Who is John Galt?

I don't like the religious emphasis some couples in the past have constantly made whenever they succeed in a challenge, or win a lap (IMO God doesn't play favorites in games for money or fame) and constant references make me want to throw-up. But, at least these two haven't mentioned their "faith" or "celibacy" more than once and good for them. Besides, if Mika likes to "makeout" that much with Caanan, the celibacy part probably won't be an issue much longer. They are a cute looking couple, but aren't the brightest of the bunch and usually run at the tail end of the pack, so I doubt they'll be around too long.

Mika had better start doing more roadblocks, that is if that rule of 1/2 and 1/2 is still in effect. She has done 1 to Canaan's 4. All of the other teams are 2 and 3.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Regular

Floaties on a waterslide? You've gotta be kidding me! If Canaan knew her better, he would've gone down the slide first and said he'd be waiting at the bottom to help her as soon as she slid down. That was probably the only way she might've gone, but I'm not even sure about that.

Mika is a beauty on the outside, but with what's lacking on the inside it won't sustain. And Canaan doesn't strike me as the type who'll be castrated by her outer beauty a whole lot longer - but who knows - many men are.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by NWTim;3736578;
    Floaties on a waterslide? You've gotta be kidding me! If Canaan knew her better, he would've gone down the slide first and said he'd be waiting at the bottom to help her as soon as she slid down. That was probably the only way she might've gone, but I'm not even sure about that.

Mika is a beauty on the outside, but with what's lacking on the inside it won't sustain. And Canaan doesn't strike me as the type who'll be castrated by her outer beauty a whole lot longer - but who knows - many men are.
    I could not stand her constant whining - she's afraid of heights and water. What??? Why on earth would anyone go on this show with a paralyzing fear of anything? That is just ludicrous. This show has been on 15 seasons, she had to know one of the challenges would be heights or water. Glad they are gone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3712766;
    Ugh. Another pair of obnoxious Jesus freaks. I pray they don't win... they're already as annoying as sin.
    Sweet.

I can tolerate the notion of religion, but I have no patience for missionaries.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3737288;
    ...but I have no patience for missionaries.
    How 'bout patience for watching paint dry? Just checking...

Seriously, I don't recall anything about these guys being missionaries, but most missionaries I've known make many personal sacrifices to help others. "Preaching" is rarely an ambition near as I can tell. Mika & Canaan didn't strike me as the type to give away a lot of themselves to help others, but I could be wrong.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

What got to me was her comment "I hate my life right now". Jeez-a-loo woman, you were participating in The Amazing Race! Poor baby, she'll never live this down. As for the floaties...what the heck?
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I was watching the Elimination station videos and it turns out that Canaan told Mika that he just wants to be friends. I can't say I'm surprised that they're broken up.

Well, based on how he acted when she was so terrified of going down the slide, I can certainly understand that.
    Some things are a lot more important than money.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12