+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marcy & Ron-TAR 15

Marcy & Ron-TAR 15

Marcy Maloy (60); Ron Shalita (59)
    Hometown: San Francisco
    Relationship: Dating

Marcy and Ron both believe that at 60 you can be strong, sexy, vibrant and energetic. They met one year ago on an online dating website and are looking forward to sharing the intense experience of the Race. They hope the Race will reinforce the strengths of their relationship and identify potential areas of conflict.

Both are exceptionally fit, have great people skills and a high energy level. Marcy is not your typical 60-year-old; she attends flying trapeze classes, studies Kung Fu and rock climbs with Ron. To keep pace with Marcy, Ron is in the gym lifting weights, running, swimming or kickboxing. After being selected for the Race, he found a new physical challenge in a course that allowed him to confront his fears of heights.

Marcy is a nationally recognized advertising photographer, while Ron spends his mornings as a high-volume day trader and his afternoons as a math tutor. They both have traveled extensively and Marcy speaks several languages. Ron is personable and extroverted. Trained as a lawyer, he is cautious and likes to take his time to think things through while Marcy is spontaneous, impulsive and easily distracted. Marcy finds balance in Ron's pragmatism and calmness. While he likes to process his thoughts, she prefers to tackle problems head-on. Both are concerned about their different approaches to problem solving, but believe the Race will give them greater insights.
    I so want them to go far! She does NOT look 60-she looks 45! I want to look as good as her when I get older. I could see them going fairly far, to be honest.

Marcy and Ron: The Amazing Race on CBS
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Re: Marcy & Ron-TAR 15

I've always gotta pull for the older folks, if they seem fit enough. This pair seem to be, so go go go seniors!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

And there's nothing "token old team" about them, which I also love.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

OMG! She looks awesome for 60 - I'm 42 and look older than her

Who is John Galt?

Finally, a couple of seniors who are fit and able to handle the rigors of the race.

This is gonna be a fun couple to watch. Can't believe she's 60. Has to be a typo
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Yeah, this team seems likeable enough right now. Of course, now that I've said that, watch them get Philiminated soon...

I think age is completely irrelevant, not sure why such things become an issue. (Well, ok, really young people tend to be kinda stupid on this show, so I do get that sort of ageism, but otherwise....I don't get it.)

I like them, but she seems kinda weird - there was a moment there where she seemed sorta inarticulate or something, but I always remind myself that could merely be editing. Those editors always mess with the audience.

I'm with her though, never dated a bald guy, lol. (Don't plan on it either - hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3712221;
    This is gonna be a fun couple to watch. Can't believe she's 60. Has to be a typo
    I missed the premiere but I checked the site and it does appear to be accurate.
    Then again, 60 is the new 40 from what they keep telling us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

Not surprised this team got eliminated. She's a ditz and he seems to be just along for the trip. I hope they had fun though.

+ Reply to Thread