+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

I wouldn't have minded any of them winning. They all have pros and cons to them just like the rest of us but am not surprised that Tammy/Victor won. They were a strong team. For a while I thought Margie/Luke would win but his frustration did him in. I thought for sure they'd be 2nd. It was nice that he and Jaime helped each other in the end. Overall a better finish than many of the seasons.

Why no Detour? I would have preferred a Detour before the finish line.

FORT Fan

First of all, yay to Tammy and Victor for winning. They were my faves of the remaining teams. I would have liked to see the father/son duo win though.

Anyhow, like a lot of you probably I want Amazing Race through the prism of how I would perform a task if I were on the show. It struck me this season how often that the tasks required bathing suits or in one instance, underwear.

I have no aversion to wearing bathing suits and/or underwear; however, I do have an aversion to wearing both of those and being aired on national tv. Trust me, America, is not ready for me in my bathing suit/underwear.

Did anyone else notice this? I mean they had the Olympic challenge in the no flaws hiding unitards, the swimming/diving challenge (but you could get in the wet suits), the run nekkid challenge, and lots of bathing suit action in the finale. I might be missing something.

Anyhow, you get the point.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;3445935;
    First of all, yay to Tammy and Victor for winning. They were my faves of the remaining teams. I would have liked to see the father/son duo win though.

Anyhow, like a lot of you probably I want Amazing Race through the prism of how I would perform a task if I were on the show. It struck me this season how often that the tasks required bathing suits or in one instance, underwear.

I have no aversion to wearing bathing suits and/or underwear; however, I do have an aversion to wearing both of those and being aired on national tv. Trust me, America, is not ready for me in my bathing suit/underwear.

Did anyone else notice this? I mean they had the Olympic challenge in the no flaws hiding unitards, the swimming/diving challenge (but you could get in the wet suits), the run nekkid challenge, and lots of bathing suit action in the finale. I might be missing something.

Very Funny and True!!
    I always thought that this would be a fun show to go on, but not if the world gets to see me in my undies! YikeS!
    I'm sure they are trying to up the ratings, but my experience at most beaches tells me that a very small percentage of people look good in a bathing suit!

Can anyone tell me who won most of the legs? Is it Tammy and Victor?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;3445935;

Did you notice there really weren't any overweight or really unattractive contestants? I kept thinking, I bet they picked these people knowing they'd have to fit in leotards, bathing suits, running in their undies, etc.

As far as the deaf comment and parents not signing, it too true and too sad. My son was late speaking and we all started learning sign language and teacher told me stories of parents not showing up at iep meetings, and no one in some families bothering to learn sign language.

I'm more surprised he hasn't learned how to lip read. Of course he's going to be super dependent on his mom. I saw how my son was totally dependent on him for communication when he was younger. If he spent a lifetime like that, I can't imagine how he'd function in the world without me translating.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3446662;
    Did you notice there really weren't any overweight or really unattractive contestants? ....
    I could name at least one team....but I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3447332;
    I could name at least one team....but I won't.
    Even Steve and Linda wouldn't have been too bad in the gymnastics suits, but I think most people didn't think they'd make it that far, or even to the second leg of the race.

Now, I haven't read any interviews on Margie and Luke - though they were third and they are the longest wait as far as interviews, but from what I've read on the other two teams, both are very appreciative of what they got to experience. Even more interesting is seeing that Jamie is a. very embarrassed at what she did and b. would give the taxi drivers a nice tip after they made it to the map. It's good to know that she shows remorse, and she'll hopefully keep this in her heart if she gets to do the race again in an all-star edition (if they so choose to do one and they're invited mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3443193;
    Hah! Can't tell them apart either.
    I can, but I like them. They look quite different too. I don't mind Jamie, she was just probably going out of her mind after getting so many taxi drivers and it was a race for a million dollars. Could you all be calm during that? Last seasons and the one before was pretty tame too I think. Then there's the one with the ex drug addict models... I didn't even watch that season's finale.

Once again typical smart/calm Asian group composed of 1 female, 1 male makes it to the end. Feels like they keep casting stereotypes.

+ Reply to Thread