+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3443196;
    They made it sound as if most parents of deaf children don't sign... am I correct to pick up on that?

Well, OF COURSE, deaf people can do anything!!!
    Glad that Tammy and Victor won, as they were the ones that I liked the best of the three - still not my favorites.

And to comment on Luke's words that deaf people can do anything - like you said- Of course they can! Just seemed like kind of a scripted statement, or something that a younger person would say.

There was just something off-putting about Luke and Margie - a little bit like the gal that was a dwarf and her cousin. She said that little people can do anything, over and over. It just gets kind of old. Although they M and L were definitely tough competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3443582;
    And I love how he helped her during the pig carry.

I would want him as my coach during a hard task like that--very good mixture of support and goading and the practical--'Just do three more steps."

Works for me.
    Irony was to me that here she's been telling Victor to be nice and cheer her on - he does, and she grumbles some. That said - it worked, and he definitely had improved throughout the season. One reason I'm glad they won.

Plus, unlike Luke - Victor kept his head on and cool when he realized how far Luke was on the puzzle and that's why he won. Luke started panicking and that's why he made the mistake. Once he did that, he kept making errors that cost him the race.

Had Luke kept a cool head and not panicked like he did in Russia (that's another good example) I think Margie and Luke would've won the race. Of course, we have to factor in other things such as getting lost, flat tires, gas, etc. - that's one reason I was surprised Jamie and Cara did help them out, because if one of those came up and affected Tammy and Victor, they could've cost themselves a win if Luke finished quickly and they got to the finish line first. (same time BTW, I'm impressed because it shows that they did at least keep their promises.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The right team won! They really earned that win. Jen and Kisha would have not won, anyway, with that task where the teams had to swim back to shore; Jen would have been in total panic mode. Why don't people take some lessons in skills that they lack when they are even given the first hint that they have a chance at getting on this show. Swimming lessons, how to drive a manual transmission vehicle, etc. I sure would!

Margie drove me crazy yelling "Go! Go! Go!" at Luke....over and over and over again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Tammy and Victgor--and Phil--were on CBS's Early Show today and they were so respectful of each other. I didn't realize that Victor is NINE years older than Tammy. She said that was a big hurdle to overcome in his accepting her as an equal after an entire lifetime of his being "The Older Brother."

To me it proves once again that they changed the most during the race--and in a good way--and it's anotehr reason I am glad they won.

Overall, I enjoyed the season. I still miss the fact that the sisters' didn't make it to he final, but it just wasn't to be.
    I am glad that Tammy and Victor won as they were my favorites of the 3 remaining. It was very refreshing to see all 3 of the final teams hugging each other at the end of the race.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Tammy and Victor were my early picks to win the game, with their intelligence, youth and athleticism, but Victor's incessant, "this is what I have been raised to do, oldest son, blather, blather" wore me a bit thin. They were definitely a good team, better by the end of the show and deserved to win, but I guess I hoped that maybe an underdog team might upstage them. The girls, the redheads, really surprised me by hanging in and placing second.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Finally got to see the finale. Didn't watch last night because I regrettably watched Celebrity Apprentice. After watching the horrible Joan Rivers win last night I really needed something positive today. Watching Victor and Tammy beat the mean people was just what I needed.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I nodded off before the show even started (damn you, Donald Trump, for boring me to sleep with your crappy 3-hour CA finale) but I'm very pleased to hear Tammy & Victor were the winners. I thought they were adorable and I enjoyed watching them race.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fanatic

I didn't have a favorite this season but figured early on that Tammy and Victor would probably win. I was kind of rooting against them toward the end because they had such an advantage over the other teams when they were in China. I really did feel bad for Luke at that last challenge. He was so far ahead of the other teams it looked like they were a lock to win for sure. He gives up when he gets frustrated. I was glad that Luke and the cheerleader helped each other out in the end. It was nice to see the final 3 teams congratulating each other at the end.

I'm so sad it's over, I'm in mourning here. Although I'm very proud for the winners. It was well earned & deserved. Are any of you out there as sad as me?
    When do you all think the next season will start? Have they even started filming yet? I've mainly been a fan of Survivor. But have recently got into some others. I hate that I've missed so much in this series. But working hours prevented me from following to many shows. And that's changed now.
    This was my first season watching TAR. And I got hooked right away. I did go on the internet & was able to watch the full season 13. But It's the only other season I could pull up. It really helped me figure out what's going on.

OK, I'll be hanging in there until a new season starts.

+ Reply to Thread