+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

If I were ever lucky enough to go on TAR, I would intimate to my partner that if he/she needed to pee in the middle of a footrace, they'd better PEE IN THEIR PANTS.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3433516;
    Was anyone else very surprised that Tammy & Victor U-turned Kisha & Jen? I don't see any chance of them winning as they seem to encounter the same problems over again.

I am rooting for Margie and Luke or Tammy and Victor. They both are deserving.

I wasn't surprised at all, although at first I didn't think of the "foot race advantage" reason...to me, the basic rule of thumb for the U TURN choice has always been the team who is in last place at the time the U TURN is used.

That gives you (and granted, everyone else), the maximum amount of time to stay ahead of just ONE team...which is really all you're hoping for, at the final 4, heading into the final 3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3433737;
    It depends on the instructions - if the detour/roadblock says you may NOT, you can't. We saw the stuntmen get penalized for having a taxi show them the way when they were driving the rickshaws, but earlier we hear I think Tammy and Victor say to a taxi who offered to show the way "no, we can't do that."
    Thanks for clarifying (i.e. about the ability for contestants to have locals physically go places with them).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3433737;
    Originally Posted by Steena
    Was anyone else very surprised that Tammy & Victor U-turned Kisha & Jen? I don't see any chance of them winning as they seem to encounter the same problems over again.
    I wasn't surprised. It seemed like Jen and Kisha were the closest to them on this leg - or at least not that far behind Luke and Margie. In addition, of the season finales that I've seen, it seems as if the race to the finish line is extremely physical and often requires a fairly long run at the end. Luke and Margie are pretty strong physically but not as strong as Kisha and Jen.

By using the U-turn on Kisha and Jen, Tammy and Victor a) secured a place in the final 3 and b) did so along with two teams who are not a significant physical threat.

It was definately the right thing to do to get closer to victory.

I really do want Luke and Margie to win, but my gut tells me Tammy and Victor will take it. They are the strongest team. It would take a major blunder for them to lose, I think.

Forgive me for saying it, but I don't think the cheerleaders have a chance (I hope those aren't famous last words).
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-04-2009 at 02:21 AM.

FORT Fan

Back in the days when the U-turns and Yield were placed in NELs, I complained about the ineffectiveness about it. Now that the U-turns have eliminated two of the teams (I liked) this season, I started to find it cruel.

Now, I will prefer it to be placed on the NELs! If the teams do come in last, they still have a disadvantage by having to perform a speed bump the leg after. Or at the very least, don't place a U-turn at such a crucial juncture of the game, namely the penultimate leg, where it will really stink to be eliminated just short of the F3 merely because of the U-turn.

Premium Member

Wow was just watching some deleted scenes, when Jaime and Cara checked in Jen was on the toilet according to Phil. So yes the pee cost Jen and Kisha the race.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3433786;
    Wow was just watching some deleted scenes, when Jaime and Cara checked in Jen was on the toilet according to Phil. So yes the pee cost Jen and Kisha the race.
    This just really saddens me. It's funny and all that they lost because she couldn't hold her pee in, but they were my definite favorites. I do like Tammy/Victor, but I really wanted to see Jen/Kisha (esp. Kisha ) win. But damn, what a supportive woman that Kisha is! It's unfortunate that Jen was the cause of their loss because not only did she have to go pee, she ate those critters at the RB so slowly (although Kisha could have done the task, but whatever). But I don't think Kisha cares. She doesn't put the blame on Jen; she sees it as a team effort. And this is what I love about the girl. One of my all-time favorites indeed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

What a valuable pee!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3433814;
    This just really saddens me. It's funny and all that they lost because she couldn't hold her pee in, but they were my definite favorites. I do like Tammy/Victor, but I really wanted to see Jen/Kisha (esp. Kisha ) win. But damn, what a supportive woman that Kisha is! It's unfortunate that Jen was the cause of their loss because not only did she have to go pee, she ate those critters at the RB so slowly (although Kisha could have done the task, but whatever). But I don't think Kisha cares. She doesn't put the blame on Jen; she sees it as a team effort. And this is what I love about the girl. One of my all-time favorites indeed.
    Me too. I love both of the sisters. But it was sad to see them gone because of a pee.

Honestly, Kisha and Jen may have lost even if they didn't make a bathroom stop. With the luck the teams had finding cluboxes and entrances, etc., who is to say that the reds would not have found it first. It's a tough break, but if it had to be one of the sisters I'm glad it was Jen. Kisha is a great sister, and Jen needed a bit of humbling and a greater appreciation for her big sister. I think she certainly found it on this race. I think of earlier in the game when Jen would get so pissed at her sister for thye slightest things, and she proabably cost them the race and not only did her sister allow her to stop and pee, she never flinched after they got there late. I truly grew to love this team. i realize now that Victor and Tammy did what they had to do, but it was a tough one for me knowing that they came from behind last leg, jumped into an actual lead, and had to do the U-turn. Had it not been such a tough U-turn I think they would have done it effortlessly. I'm hoping for another All-Stars. I want to see them have another go at it.

FORT Fogey

Having thought about this overnight my conclusion is that Jen reminds me of athletes in competetions I've been in who chose to fail.

Not necessarily done at a conscious level but there is no question that some people cannot see thmselves as winning (or don't know who they would be if they won) and so they set them selves up--and find the "right" circumstances in which to fail.

In athletic competitions two people may be suffering from the same problem brought on by overtraining or an injury--but one will finish far in the back and the other will win.

Why?

One is determined to win no matter what the circumstances while the other is subconsciously looking for "a way out"--a way to fail.

Stopping to pee with a million dollars at stake is definitely--IMO--in the category of "looking for a way to fail."

+ Reply to Thread