+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3433062;
    Tammy and Victor decide to U-turn Kisha and Jen. Boo.

Was anyone else very surprised that Tammy & Victor U-turned Kisha & Jen? Tammy & Victor have been quoted as saying that Margie & Luke were one of the or the strongest team. I thought for sure that they would U-turn them. But as it turned out, even if they had, I think M & L could have caught up to still be team #2. Even though I am not a huge Kisha & Jen fan, I think they deserved to come in third because they completed the two tasks, and may have beat the Redheads if Jen didn't have to stop (not sure if we'll ever know just how close that was; could it have been seconds? If so, where was the other team?). Speaking of redheads, didn't M & L tell them that they were going back to the opera house to start over, and hopefully get it right. Why didn't they think to do the same?
    I don't see any chance of them winning as they seem to encounter the same problems over again.

I am rooting for Margie and Luke or Tammy and Victor. They both are deserving.

Like I said earlier, i think Tammy and Victor took the easy way out. they wanted to make sure they had a good chance to get a place in the finale, so they U-turned someone. that's fine. Margie and Luke are close with the reds. they U-turn any of them and everyone hates them. On the same note, after the blowup and considering the closeness of the others, who would hate them for U-turning K&J? It was an easy out. Too cowardly to U turn their biggest competition-I kind of hope it bites them in the ass and Luke and Margie win. They're probably who I'm rooting for right now. As others have said today, and I have said in the past, Margie has hung in there for the love of her son. i truly believe she's trying this hard for him even more than for the million, and that's just a mother's love at work right there, even if her son is a brat.

I was surprised at first, but I think it was the smart thing to do. Kisha and Jen are formidable competition. Margie and Luke are smart racers but they arent as physically strong. Tammy and Victor probably figured that while they could outsmart Margie and Luke, they cannot outrun Kisha and Jen. Another brilliant move by Tammy and Victor who have run an outstanding race.

Kisha/Jen lost because she had to pee!?!?!?!?! Wow, what a way to go out.

I loved them so much, especially Kisha, who is now one of my all-time favorite racers ever. It was so disappointing to see them go out, and to go out because Jen had to go to the bathroom. They lasted such a long time though. Good for them!

Please, Tammy/Victor, win! If it's Margie/Luke, it will suck as I depise them. If Jaime/Cara win, it will such even more because although I only dislike Jaime, they'll be the first F/F to win. What a waste of such a feat if they win.

Whoa, Victor's voice sounded so deep in the preview! Definitely a change from what we've heard all season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3433187;
    Personaly I'd have just peed myself.

I mean, I can change pants, right. Anyone with me? ... Right, I'll go.
    For Sure Katy
    If I'd been with my older sister in that situation, she would have made me run to the finish....no way she would have let me stop to pee. Kisha should have grabbed Jen and said "we are going to the finish NOW!!!!".
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I'm totally bummed that Kisha and Jen got Philminated. If Jamie and Cara win, then there is no justice in this world!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Was anyone else laughing hard at the translations of what K and J were ordering?!? That was one of the funniest things that I have seen on the Amazing Race so far! I hate that they went out like they did especially after working so hard to make up time. I guess I am pulling for T and V now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3433221;
    I see adult diapers as gag gifts for Jen for the rest of her life.
    Oh man... you just reminded me about a team that DID wear Depends on the trip. I think it was Terri and Ian said in an interview they carried and wore them because they didn't know what the toilets were going to be like and that way if they had to pee they could just go in the Depends and just change them out when they stopped somewhere or had a short break.

I remember people laughing about that - but it seems that really is a smart thing to do if you think about it. Personally, if I was on the race I'd consider that option too (even with the jokes), or in this case I'd either a. seen if there was a cup or something in the Taxi (even if I had to pay for the driver's cup) and peed in it or held it until I checked in, said "Phil, I'll give you my comments in a moment, but I have to go pee right now" (and probably get his funny face-arched eyebrow look in the process). I think for many reasons (sanitary issues among other things ), they'd allow that.

Even though I wasn't a fan of Jen and Kisha, I feel for them losing that close to the end in that way. Out of the three teams left, I will be disappointed if Jamie and Cara win, but in that case only disappointed in Jamie winning because she has shown little class. Cara has taken things like a pro, and I loved her reaction to Cara snipping at her at the opera. Plus, like Margie, Cara ate that food like a pro.

I'd like to see Margie and Luke or Tammy and Victor win the race because overall both have played a good game with few mistakes along the way.

Now, on the detour challenge, I wanted to say one thing about the order challenge - everyone had trouble with that, even Tammy and Victor. I was surprised that neither team thought of repeating the orders back to the people at the table, given that just a slight pronunciation stress changes the meaning of the word. (Must've had a rule saying they couldn't do that). I have to admit I was rolling on the floor laughing at Jen and Kisha's attempts at ordering, but at the same time respect them for making up so much time with doing both detours.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-04-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3433507;
    Hell I had to pee while I was waiting to see who made it to the pit stop, and I managed to hold it and a million dollars wasn't on the line.

Jen just has no luck with water of any kind.....
    Here's some irony: they were right by the water cube.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3433143;
    Oh, the drama! I really do like all the remaining teams - yes, even Margie and Luke, AND Keesha and Jen, AND the snarky cheerleader.

I'm just wondering....I recall in a past episode that teams weren't allowed to have people join them to show them the way???? If that's the case, Margie and Luke would be out. I'm just kind of tuning in and out tonight, but I think another team did the same - can't recall if it is the sisters or the cheerleaders, though.

Am I wrong about the rule?
    It depends on the instructions - if the detour/roadblock says you may NOT, you can't. We saw the stuntmen get penalized for having a taxi show them the way when they were driving the rickshaws, but earlier we hear I think Tammy and Victor say to a taxi who offered to show the way "no, we can't do that."

That said, there are other times when they're allowed to have someone show them the way and help out. OF course, there's the third one (Which if this is the case we'll hear on Margie and Luke's exit interview), they were penalized the 30 minutes, but it was regardless because Jamie and Cara were too far behind for it to affect their standings (J/C mentioned being out on that detour for THREE hours trying to find the opera house).

+ Reply to Thread