+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425990;
    Wow, I know people who stay mad at each other for years. Staying mad at each other is the basis of murder and divorce. Just look at all the drama in plays, books, tv, movies that are based on being mad at someone. Getting over it in 24 hours is a rare and unusual occurrence.
    I'm talking about real life, and name calling/pushing, not screwing around, blowing the family budget or whatever! (Makes note to never, ever, piss bearcata off, no matter what... )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3427375;
    I think she figured she didn't need it. She put it on later in support of Jen.
    Yeah, she stated that she put it on so Jen wouldn't feel as self conscious about wearing one.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3427346;
    I had someone mad at me for more than a decade and they never addressed the underlying reason for the anger. Actually never even admitted they were angry. What's crazy is that the behavior over which they were angry was something that they had literally invited. People are interesting.
    Several years (about 6 or 7) after my father passed away my bother brought the fact that he was mad about something I had said during the wake. I asked him what had I said that had upset him so much? He got this really funny look on his face and told me he couldn't remember what it was and we had a good laugh about it. Actually talking about it did release the angry he was holding in so it was all good.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3427669;
    I'm talking about real life, and name calling/pushing, not screwing around, blowing the family budget or whatever! (Makes note to never, ever, piss bearcata off, no matter what... )
    Never get between Bearcata and her computer when it pisses her off. Yeap, I do blow up over stupid stuff, like the budget and bills and putting to gether furniture from IKEA but I get over that really quickly and wonder why I got so upset. I have learned to just drop it and walk away and come back to the task when I have cooled down and can look at it with fresh eyes. But I consider that small daily stuff. But it is totally different with people. I have been backstabbed by people so many times at work that it is stupid not to remember that they are capable of doing things like that just out of meanness and spite. It's a matter of suvival and lets not even start with some of the road rage people are capable of in this area. As far as Margie and Luke and Jen and Keshia are concerned I can honestly say that if I was in Margie's shoes after the mat blowup I would try to just get over it, but the situation is made much more difficult because I have to be at the Pitstop with them, and race with them the next day and seeing them would be a constant reminder of something I would rather get over.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3427375;
    I think she figured she didn't need it. She put it on later in support of Jen.
    LOL..well she was wrong! She was so fatigued during that first lap I thought she was never going to make it back. The vest did them both a huge service during that task.

Can anyone explain this.... the brothers who were recently eliminated received a major time penalty for tampering with the supplies at the roadblock. Now I assume the penalty is because it intentionally will harm the other teams' chances of play.

How did that differ from Tammy and Victor first instructing the airport agent to ticket the other teams seats as far back as possible in the plane;

and when they told Jaime's cab driver to take them to a different door.

I like Tammy and Victor as players, but that seemed like intentional tampering with the game.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I honestly think the producers did not want an all male team (even a tiny all male team) to win yet another AR. Seems they bend the rules or stick strictly by them however they see fit.

Oh, the conspiracy of it all!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by DSReynolds77;3426906;
    My mom and cousin tried out for Amazing Race and it says clearly in the paperwork that you must be able to swim. You would think that Jen would have seen that and not applied. Did she think that she could just make Kisha do all the swimming?
    Think of all the people who get on the show and can't drive stick. She probably hoped that they'd never have a swimming task or, if they did, that it was a roadblock and her partner could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom
    Can anyone explain this.... the brothers who were recently eliminated received a major time penalty for tampering with the supplies at the roadblock. Now I assume the penalty is because it intentionally will harm the other teams' chances of play.

How did that differ from Tammy and Victor first instructing the airport agent to ticket the other teams seats as far back as possible in the plane;

and when they told Jaime's cab driver to take them to a different door.

I like Tammy and Victor as players, but that seemed like intentional tampering with the game.
    But the ticket agent and the cab driver didn't have to listen to Tammy and Victor; they could end up doing whatever they wanted. I recall teams in the past telling cab drivers or ticket agents to help them and not other teams etc.; no one has ever been punished for it. The difference with the brothers is that they actively interfered with the roadblock (or was it a detour? Can't remember).
    Last edited by CCL; 04-29-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Yes, I think it is because they were directly responsible. I think if they'd said to the guy milling about (I think there was a guy there) "Hey, it would be excellent if you put all these pumps in this box.", and if the guy did, then perhaps they wouldn't have been penalized.

I am admitted TAR junkie. When Phil said go to the pit stop but didn't mention that the last team there may or may not be eliminated I looked at my daughter and said "I bet this is a super leg." I just had that feeling by the way the clue read. Don't these racers watch TAR? Should have been a clue to them too!

Watching K with her sister was very touching. She was obviously concerned for her. Jen's fear was palpable through the tv, so had to be more so in person. Also good she talked her sister into finishing, says a lot about both of them, they aren't quitters. I liked that J gave her sister credit for not letting her quit and mentioned that others might have let her.

I felt Victor's pain, wow, I remember leg cramps from when I was pregnant. The only time I've ever experienced anything like that. Made my leg hurt watching him.

The one masseuse was enjoying herself a little too much! Her joy was a little too crazy. K was funny "too d*mn long."

Even though I'm not really fond of the redhead's (and since I am one I wish I could be!) I thought it was sad they didn't get a prize. They should get one just for showing up at that mat first, and then let the leg continue. But the look on their faces was priceless. Phil has the best looks ever.

+ Reply to Thread