+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425686;

Fear is a terrible and unpredictable thing when it takes over.

I can't express my admiration for Jen strongly enough.

Anyone with that phobia knows exactly how tough i was to do what she did.
    Even with a life vest--people with phobias aren't thinking logically--in their minds, the seat belt will dump them out of the sky ride, the cable will break on the zip line, the non poisonous snake can, too, kill them, and the life vest will somehow fail. I'd hate to call it a phobia, but--for instance, if I had to let a bunch of proven harmless but weird looking bugs and spiders crawl on me for, say...four minutes, less time than Jen was in the water, I'd have to think about it long and hard, and I might still lose it halfway through.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425845;
    It was less than 24 hours time during the race, actually no more than 15 hours or so.
    That's quite a long time to stay pissed off about name calling and pushing incidents, even IF there was no doubt the other party was wrong. In fact, that's a long time to stay pissed off about anything to me--blow up, calm down, figure out what you can do about it--if the answer is 'nothing but raise hell ', just handle it and keep your trap shut, and get over it when you can.

FORT Fogey

Deos anyone know what kind of nurse Margie is?

She doesn't seem to have the calm cool reactions to stressful situations that anyone would want in a medical healthcare provider.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425961;
    Deos anyone know what kind of nurse Margie is?
    Wet nurse for Luke--still, apparantly. (sorry, could not resist. It would be funnier if she wasn't his mother, but you can't have everything)

Does anyone have a screencap of her face in the taxi while she was irritated? That is NOT something I want to see in the doctor's office or hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3425755;
    In the preview for next week's race they showed 2 girls in Geisha costumes having a hard time with the Chinese language. Was that the red heads? Do you think the language barrier will really slow them down so they come in last? Any predictions?
    They are in Chinese opera costumes not Geisha. They are still in China not Japan.

Flash back to TAR1 with the Chinese food eating!!! Great taxi race to pit stop in China II??

Jaime has some serious anger issues.
    K&J are doomed but the only team left I like.

^I feel like an equalizer is coming up, so don't lose all hope yet!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3425941;
    One thing I forgot to add about the situation. The constant telling and re-telling of the story comes off as very victim-like as well. It's like they're trying to recruit people to hate these girls along with them. Fight your own fight and stop making the other racers uncomfortable by dragging them in the thing. It's like they're trying to build up a mob mentality. I'm so glad that Tammy and Victor react the way that they do-like it's none of their business. They try to keep neutral and keep it in perspective, and more importantly, their minds are on the race. They are starting to become the team I find myself happy to see reach the mat.
    Yeah, the way Margie & Luke retell their story is as if they were the victims. For example, sure, Jen may have leaned too close to Luke at that one box where the infamous elbow was raised, but I remember him claiming that Jen full-out shoved him twice at that moment. I, for one, didn't see that. He embellished the story, and it was kind of disgusting to watch.

I'm also disappointed that Margie constantly brought up the rivalry throughout the last leg. She's making it out to be so much more than it is. It was a big argument, that's for sure, but it doesn't allow her to try to recruit other people to share the same hatred she currently feels. I'm with you KeepItReal with your appreciation of Tammy/Victor's neutrality. They are level-headed and focused on the race instead of the drama, which is why they are my other favorite team.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425951;
    That's quite a long time to stay pissed off about name calling and pushing incidents, even IF there was no doubt the other party was wrong. In fact, that's a long time to stay pissed off about anything to me--blow up, calm down, figure out what you can do about it--if the answer is 'nothing but raise hell ', just handle it and keep your trap shut, and get over it when you can.
    Wow, I know people who stay mad at each other for years. Staying mad at each other is the basis of murder and divorce. Just look at all the drama in plays, books, tv, movies that are based on being mad at someone. Getting over it in 24 hours is a rare and unusual occurrence.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425886;
    You do if you want to win the race.

Athletes call it "recovery" and sometimes you only have a split second to recover from nasty pokes, jabs, spills etc.

It's part of how you train yourself and your attitude--going on without letting the stuff that just happened impede your game/race.
    These contestants are not professional athletes they are regular people and therefore act like they do. Why oh why are the posters here setting up the contestants to these incredibly high standards.

One of the best and gifted athletes on this series was Colin and yet he lost his cool with a water buffalo. Why would I expect more from a regular person?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425992;
    These contestants are not professional athletes they are regular people and therefore act like they do. Why oh why are the posters here setting up the contestants to these incredibly high standards.

One of the best and gifted athletes on this series was Colin and yet he lost his cool with a water buffalo. Why would I expect more from a regular person?
    How was Colin was one of the best athletes on this show? What professional league did he play in? Ex-NFLer Ken might disagree with that if we're basing athlete quality on credentials alone.

I think steppemaster was just making a comparison between the mindset of the athletes Jen and Kisha versus that of Margie and Luke.
    Last edited by smartguy24; 04-27-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3425995;
    How was Colin was one of the best athletes on this show? What professional league did he play in? Ex-NFLer Ken might disagree with that if we're basing athlete quality on credentials alone.

I think steppemaster was just making a comparison between the mindset of the athletes Jen and Kisha versus that of Margie and Luke.
    What does being in a professional league have to do with anything? What has that got to do with the quality of athlete Colin was? All I am saying is of all the contestants that have been in TAR he is athletically one of the most gifted and he acted like a total donkey's behind on several occasions. Colin would also have beaten Ken based on age alone.

As far as comparing mindsets between Jen and Keshia with Margie and Luke then Jen and Keshia should be held to a higher standard than Margie and Luke because both the girls played basketball and volleyball at the collegiate level and therefore according to previous posters have more of an athletic mindset and be able to shake off "incidents" more easily vs. Margie and Luke who have not had that kind of experience. That and both Jen and Keshia are older than Luke yet they started the name calling. Another example of college athletes behaving badly.

+ Reply to Thread