+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

^ yes it was the reds.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3425742;
    Exactly. And that is what bothered me about them hitting the water less than an inch apart on the splash down. If they both sprang at the same time, because of Victor's extra weight and depending upon the amount of force he applied to the spring board, he would have jumped higher and theoretically landed second to Tammy. Interesting challenge, though.

To me it looked like Tammy was actually getting greater height on the spring upwards.

I was trying to pay attention to their launches to see what they could do differently.

It's an interesting problem and I wish that we could have heard the trainers talking about how they train people to do this simultaneously.

I couldn't agree less with the idea that Cara and Jaime were served right by not winning a leg. Finally they win a leg and then they and the home audience are robbed of an ending. I thought the ending for this episode was poorly done. I think the assignation of an additional task would have been fine, but the no-ending for the episode was crap. Like 'em or not that was a lame ending for the episode.

:)

yes, the full episodes are on the cbs.com website. thats how i watch them every week (no tv in this house)!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf;3425809;
    I couldn't agree less with the idea that Cara and Jaime were served right by not winning a leg. Finally they win a leg and then they and the home audience are robbed of an ending. I thought the ending for this episode was poorly done. I think the assignation of an additional task would have been fine, but the no-ending for the episode was crap. Like 'em or not that was a lame ending for the episode.
    The thing is...this is not a new twist. It was bound to happen, and it just happened to have happened to the reds. It's happened to teams in the past whom were loved, and some who were hated, but it's just another crazy twist in this race and like everything else on TAR, it's all about timing.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3425741;
    I use to like Margie and Luke, but she seems to want to drag things on a bit. After seeing that Phil wasn't on her side, I guess she tried to get the other teams members on her side last night by bringing up the issue with the sisters. Three words Margie....Get Over It! Your's wasting precious TV time with this.

I was very proud of Keisha for helping her sister out. I too have a major fear of water, even with a life vest, I will not get into the water and try and swim. Bath tubs, no problem........swiming pools, lakes, oceans, forget it. The only thing I can do is look good on the side lines.
    It was less than 24 hours time during the race, actually no more than 15 hours or so. 12 hours for the mandatory rest, drive to the airport, get tickets and talk about it the lounge while waiting for the flight. A week for us. It's still fresh in their minds. I am amazed that people are "getting" on Margie's case about this? This is an open question? Do the posters who keep saying Margie "get over it", in real life do you get over a big blowup like what happened between Margie, Luke, Keshia and Jen in let's say 24 or 48 hours or immediately?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425845;
    It was less than 24 hours time during the race, actually no more than 15 hours or so. 12 hours for the mandatory rest, drive to the airport, get tickets and talk about it the lounge while waiting for the flight. A week for us. It's still fresh in their minds. I am amazed that people are "getting" on Margie's case about this? This is an open question? Do the posters who keep saying Margie "get over it", in real life do you get over a big blowup like what happened between Margie, Luke, Keshia and Jen in let's say 24 or 48 hours or immediately?

You do if you want to win the race.

Athletes call it "recovery" and sometimes you only have a split second to recover from nasty pokes, jabs, spills etc.

It's part of how you train yourself and your attitude--going on without letting the stuff that just happened impede your game/race.

Honestly, I feel the way I feel about the situation because I am one of the people who thinks that Margie connected far more dots than needed to be connected in that situation. The argument initially was supossed to be over the "bitch" comment. That alone was overblown to me. It amazes me that he made it this far in life and has never been called a bitch. Kudos to him. Big whoop. It's a word, sling it back at her if you must and move on from it. You got into a tussle with a girl at a box? Oh cry me a river! No harm, no foul. Nobody got hurt, so race on and get the heck over it. You can hate them...whatever, but the endless jawing about it to every ear available is irritating.

Now the laugh. Where in the world has Margie been if she never saw someone laugh during a heated confrontation? The boy was flopping around like a fish angry as all get out over being called a bitch and the sister giggles so it's because he's deaf? Can someone rewind that for me because I missed how those dots got connected. I'm sorry, I may have let out a giggle right then myself and you know why? Because if I see a guy having an absolute coronary because some girl called him a bitch during a shoving match I'd be tempted to giggle at the irony if I were involved...because that behavior is something I'd attribute to someone acting like a bitch. Hey....that's just me.

However, I "get" Margie. I have a disabled kid. Sometimes, it can make you a bit paranoid. You wondering if someone looks your way and whispers are they talking about your kid. It's something a sane parent learns to control because we can't have outbursts at every perceived slight. We have to remind ourselves that humans whisper and talk normally, and they laugh during arguments. It does our kids no good at all. It turns them defensive, and it weakens them. It weakens us also, and makes all of our talk of "you can do anything or be anything" less effective. It places a chip on their shoulders, and it's sad when you have to send them out into the world on their own and you realize that for all of the good you've done for your child, you may have done some harm as well when you teach them to think like a victim.

If I were pissed off in this race, and my mom saw me going off the deep end as Luke did, she would have pulled me to the side and told me as an adult to get control of my emotions. Then she would have said let's beat these bitches and take home a million dollars. I would have told my son the same thing. Margie told her child he was being ridiculed for being deaf. That's a sore point for me because like I said, I see it far more often than I'd like to admit. I do sympathize with them though, because it's the hardest thing in the world, to both try and protect and prepare a disabled kid for this world. You will make mistakes. I think Margie made one, and is carrying it on far too long because she can't see it. That drives me nuts, to saddle someone with a label at your own whim because you felt a certain way with no proof at all to back it up. Sleep on it and move on. That's just my take on it. I am hoping after some time she can take a breath and see how overblown everything had gotten that day.

FORT Fogey

Margie's initial reaction doesn;t bother me as much as what she's subsequently done and said.

For example--she signed to Luke that K SCREAMED "bitch" at him--which was definitely not true--it was a mutter. And I find it disturbing that Margie would alter facts to manipulate him into more anger.

IMO only.

One thing I forgot to add about the situation. The constant telling and re-telling of the story comes off as very victim-like as well. It's like they're trying to recruit people to hate these girls along with them. Fight your own fight and stop making the other racers uncomfortable by dragging them in the thing. It's like they're trying to build up a mob mentality. I'm so glad that Tammy and Victor react the way that they do-like it's none of their business. They try to keep neutral and keep it in perspective, and more importantly, their minds are on the race. They are starting to become the team I find myself happy to see reach the mat.

+ Reply to Thread