+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

My guess is that they will show the other teams arriving at the mat next week. The bloom was off the rose so to speak, since the viewers knew that it was a continuation leg and pretty much knew where the other teams would place, so the suspense of the details will be revealed in the next episode.

I always thought that full episodes were available on cbs.com. Perhaps you visited before it was added to the site??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3425515;
    I had a semi with just a trailer on the back turn left in front of me two years ago. He did not judge the turn right, and the trailer went right up over my car hood, and he did not stop until it was literally inches from me. To this day when I have a big truck turn left in front of me, I literally go into that fear mode. It is very real, and I truly felt badly for Jen being so afraid. It literally takes over your body and you cannot even think straight. I have many times changed my lane and went straight just to not be first in line in the left turn lane.

I think that if the redheads win I will literally lose it. They are truly just ugly with each other, and to foreigners. Plus the really mean one just reminds me so much of Christie from Colin and Christie that it is irritating.

I had a similar thing happen to me--it turned into an accident that I could only watch and do nothing about and wait for the vehicles involed to hit me too--which they did not do--they stopped a few inches from me.

But it took a long time to get my mind to stop playing that video over and over to me. And a long time before I could even drive thru that intersection again.

I was lucky to have tripped over some very helpful people who knew how to help someone get over that kind of PTSD flashback.

Fear is a terrible and unpredictable thing when it takes over.

I can't express my admiration for Jen strongly enough.

Anyone with that phobia knows exactly how tough i was to do what she did.

I'm inclined to think it wasn't just the water phobia that caused Jen's meltdown, but rather the dynamics of the whole race in general catching up with her. They've been at it a long time. I had a meltdown about 30 years ago in a different city than my own and in another province. Quite young. Was looking to get into the oil boom of the late seventies/early eighties. Didn't work out that way. Ate rice and peas for dinner night after night. After two+ weeks, I broke down and went home. Kudos to her for seeing it through.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425553;
    I do realize they aren't in a vacuum, so would fall at a very slightly different rate, but only going approximately 12 feet, I don't think it would matter much. I know sync diving has to be extremely hard., but the teams were not asked to dive, just jump. I think the reason they had such trouble was that both teams had at least one member who was at minimum hesitant to even go in the water--and for someone with that fear, a 12 foot jump into water might as well be a 12 foot jump onto pavement, rocks, or whatever to tho those of us who jump in water without even thinking much. Otherwise it would have probably been fairly easy to bounce 1-2-3 and jump together, I would think. Some of Tammy and Jen's jumps were so hesitant I was afraid they would hit the board and be hurt.

I know other people saw this too--even when Victor ad Tammy jumped off at the same time--Tammy hit the water first.

There was some differentail there that IMO had to do with their difference in height or weight (even tho Gallileo and Newton said otherwise)

We now have photo finishes to show those differences.

I wish someone with diving experience here would tell us how this works.

The jumps when they were really far off--Victor jumped first and I kept yelling--"Victor do you know how to count?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigsqueeze;3425622;
    I know that Jen has a water phobia (I do as well); however, when I saw that not only were they wearing a buoyancy suit but they were also allowed to wear a life vest, my sympathy for her disappeared.

She's a competitive athlete, IMO, she should have found a way to suck it up and get it done (in a quicker fashion) for a one-in-four chance at a million dollars!! At a minimum, she could have pulled her way back and forth using the lane markers b/c the rules did not explicitly forbid it.

My best friend and I always get a kick out of these situations when contestants on competitive reality shows like TAR have meltdowns about 'dangerous' tasks. We always say that they have forgotten the FIRST rule of such shows which reads as follows:

THE PRODUCERS CANNOT/WILL NOT KILL YOU!!
    Sadly, fears and phobias are not based on rational thinking. One can know deep down that they will be safe, yet it does not seem to make much of a difference. Anyone who has ever had a fear of anything - just about everyone - cannot just sweep it under the rug simply because they're on a TV show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425696;
    I know other people saw this too--even when Victor ad Tammy jumped off at the same time--Tammy hit the water first.

There was some differentail there that IMO had to do with their difference in height or weight (even tho Gallileo and Newton said otherwise)
    It's been a while since I've had a physics class, but the wildcard in this equation was the diving board. Had they just fallen at the same time, they would have, in theory, hit the water at the same time. But the diving board was contributing an external variable force that was springing each person upward (however slightly) before they dropped.

That's going to throw everything off because if you don't start your fall from the same height at the same time as your partner, you'll never get it in sync.

I use to like Margie and Luke, but she seems to want to drag things on a bit. After seeing that Phil wasn't on her side, I guess she tried to get the other teams members on her side last night by bringing up the issue with the sisters. Three words Margie....Get Over It! Your's wasting precious TV time with this.

I was very proud of Keisha for helping her sister out. I too have a major fear of water, even with a life vest, I will not get into the water and try and swim. Bath tubs, no problem........swiming pools, lakes, oceans, forget it. The only thing I can do is look good on the side lines.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3425712;
    It's been a while since I've had a physics class, but the wildcard in this equation was the diving board. Had they just fallen at the same time, they would have, in theory, hit the water at the same time. But the diving board was contributing an external variable force that was springing each person upward (however slightly) before they dropped.

That's going to throw everything off because if you don't start your fall from the same height at the same time as your partner, you'll never get it in sync.
    Exactly. And that is what bothered me about them hitting the water less than an inch apart on the splash down. If they both sprang at the same time, because of Victor's extra weight and depending upon the amount of force he applied to the spring board, he would have jumped higher and theoretically landed second to Tammy. Interesting challenge, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3425645;
    Unfortunately, I missed this episode, but did catch the recaps on cbs.com. I got a general idea of how the show played out, but I would like to see the whole episode. Anyone know where I can see it?

If you have cable or satellite with the Travel Channel, they show the previous week's episode on Saturday nights.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In the preview for next week's race they showed 2 girls in Geisha costumes having a hard time with the Chinese language. Was that the red heads? Do you think the language barrier will really slow them down so they come in last? Any predictions?

+ Reply to Thread