+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425438;
    What Keisha did for her sister tonight was one of the most beautiful things I've seen on TAR.

I'm so glad I got to witness that.

And I am going to call my own sister tomorrow night.
    Yes, I agree Keshia was wonderful, it's too bad she has a sister with such an ugly personality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425352;
    Ken and kisha come across as entitled and how dare the Chinese not speak any English. Well, I have found that if you are traveling that you have to have a little common courtesy and attempt to speak the language instead of being the ugly American, then you will be helped. The only true disappointment I had this episode was to find out the Keshia and Jen were not eliminated.
    And that's why I say they lack class any class

FORT Fogey

I had a semi with just a trailer on the back turn left in front of me two years ago. He did not judge the turn right, and the trailer went right up over my car hood, and he did not stop until it was literally inches from me. To this day when I have a big truck turn left in front of me, I literally go into that fear mode. It is very real, and I truly felt badly for Jen being so afraid. It literally takes over your body and you cannot even think straight. I have many times changed my lane and went straight just to not be first in line in the left turn lane.

I think that if the redheads win I will literally lose it. They are truly just ugly with each other, and to foreigners. Plus the really mean one just reminds me so much of Christie from Colin and Christie that it is irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3425404;

My question on the diving one - why didn't the teams count three - say jump! - and both jump in at the same time with their hands clasped over their heads? At least my opinion, that challenge could've been the faster one had they done that.

The swimming one was interesting - Luke and Margie were the closest to Phelps' time, followed by Jamie and Cara. All this said, I think the only reason they did the swimming challenge - besides the Phelps' connection- was that China was VERY proud of the swimming cube (it was highly talked about during the Olympics), which will still be used for international competitions as well as training for future Olympics. It was a nice tie-in, as was Romania and the gymnastics.
    Interesting question on the diving. And an interesting physics question. With Victor so much taller and heavier than Tammy, was there enough height so that jumping at the same time would equalize them on the free fall? Their feet need to touch the water at the same time, so I wonder about the physics of it.

I found both the Olympic sport tie-ins to be fascinating. When the race was run, the Olympics hadn't been over for very long and it was nice to have good memories brought back to the surface.

I commend Keisha and Jen for finishing the water task. Before they faced the pool the second time, they knew the other teams were on their way possibly to the pit stop; but Keisha urged Jen to finish strong, and Jen did. It would have been terrific to see all the faces tonight as the Phace (interesting new distinction for Phil) told them of the continuation. We'll probably see those reactions at the start of next week. I truly hope their clue from Phil had them finding a room for sleeping.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Enjoyed the race last night. I was surprised that so many were poor swimmers, but I thought that Keisha and Jen did a great job, both Keisha's encouragement and Jen being able to overcome her fear. I've decided that I really like them. I don't know why I have developed such a dislike for Luke and Margie. While K and J acted childishly last week too, I don't find their behavior nearly as ugly as the way Luke and Margie are. It still seems like Luke is much younger than his age and his mom encourages it. My husband feels the opposite way - he said that K and J should be more patient with such a young kid. I had to point out to him that Luke is 22 years old.

I loved that Cara and Jaime didn't get first place, but I have to wonder if the "continuation"(or the NEL) is decided as the race is under way for the day. It seems like the producers often level the playing field if things get out of hand - especially given that Jen had a serious meltdown over the swimming. In the past Ive felt like if some of the favorite players fell behind, and the non-favorites (Cara and Jaime) got ahead, they would slow everything down. Maybe its just my imagination, but I wouldn't put it past TPTB.

I agree that Phil is great! Did I read somewhere that he is married with kids or was that another host? A few seasons back one of the gals had a serious crush on him, but I can't remember who.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3425532;
    Interesting question on the diving. And an interesting physics question. With Victor so much taller and heavier than Tammy, was there enough height so that jumping at the same time would equalize them on the free fall? Their feet need to touch the water at the same time, so I wonder about the physics of it.
    I do realize they aren't in a vacuum, so would fall at a very slightly different rate, but only going approximately 12 feet, I don't think it would matter much. I know sync diving has to be extremely hard., but the teams were not asked to dive, just jump. I think the reason they had such trouble was that both teams had at least one member who was at minimum hesitant to even go in the water--and for someone with that fear, a 12 foot jump into water might as well be a 12 foot jump onto pavement, rocks, or whatever to tho those of us who jump in water without even thinking much. Otherwise it would have probably been fairly easy to bounce 1-2-3 and jump together, I would think. Some of Tammy and Jen's jumps were so hesitant I was afraid they would hit the board and be hurt.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm not disappointed that Margie and Luke would be thrilled that the sisters were gone (so they thought). What disappoints me is that this is not a game to them...not simply just a race, a competition. The fact that this thing has dragged on (openly) another week is irritating. I guess we are stuck with this subplot for the rest of the race. They need to develop a gameface. I said many times in many threads last week whichever team got over it the fastest I would respect the most. I'm actually surprised it was the sisters...and yet I'm not surprised. As has been mentioned, they are into competitive sports, so they are wired differently in competition. That's just the way it is.

This is not to say that I would dislike Margie and Luke outside of the race. They're just no fun to watch as they beat this dead horse to death. In their defense, I really doubt (or at least I really hope), that they would be able to have differences with someone and move on from them a lot quicker. I just don't see a reason for letting anger eat up your soul for that long. If it drives them to a win, that's fine, you use whatever inspiration you can find in this race, especially this late in an exhausting game. If a month later they are still filled with poison, then they have major issues that have nothing to do with this race.

As for the sisters-I hate ugly American moments, and I believe (though I could be wrong), that this was their first (and hopefully their last). The timing of it suggests to me that they are also bothered by the presence of Luke and Margie and want to beat them for what happened last week as well, but are putting on a better game face. This is just my opinion.

I will say that the blank stare I find rude...even if you do have to put up with it and quietly eat it because you're not on American soil. It's just my opinion again, but if someone speaks to you-you acknowledge them. Even if you don't speak the language. You motion with your hands, speak in your language so they know to move on that you don't understand them...something. It's rude to have someone standing there talking to you and you give them nothing in return. Perhaps it's a cultural thing, I don't know, and that would have to be my guess that it is, because I wouldn't be able to understand a response like that for any other reason.

The ugly comments are why I can't root for the redheads. That one redhead (I wish I could tell them apart) averages 1 or 2 of these per leg. She does not handle stress well to say the least. In their defense (I cannot believe I'm about to defend one of their statements), last night when they made the "they all look alike" statement I truly believe they were talking about the cabs and not about the drivers. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt, because most of those cabs were indeed identical.

None of these teams are perfect. They all have done something unlikeable...or something very endearing. I think this particular race has shown how draining this entire experience can be. How it can push you to your emotional and physical limits. I cannot remember another race where the strain was shown so clearly on the faces of every remaining racer as I have seen during this installment of TAR.

FORT Regular

I know that Jen has a water phobia (I do as well); however, when I saw that not only were they wearing a buoyancy suit but they were also allowed to wear a life vest, my sympathy for her disappeared.

She's a competitive athlete, IMO, she should have found a way to suck it up and get it done (in a quicker fashion) for a one-in-four chance at a million dollars!! At a minimum, she could have pulled her way back and forth using the lane markers b/c the rules did not explicitly forbid it.

My best friend and I always get a kick out of these situations when contestants on competitive reality shows like TAR have meltdowns about 'dangerous' tasks. We always say that they have forgotten the FIRST rule of such shows which reads as follows:

THE PRODUCERS CANNOT/WILL NOT KILL YOU!!

Unfortunately, I missed this episode, but did catch the recaps on cbs.com. I got a general idea of how the show played out, but I would like to see the whole episode. Anyone know where I can see it?

From past seasons I have seen, they always have a continuation leg as they inch closer to the finale, right? Will this mean that there is a major equalizer coming up here (where they all are at the airport or sleeping in front of a place before it opens)? Seems to me, this will happen, and they pretty much will be even again. I guess it's anyone's game at this point. Next week there will be an elimination, and the finale following?

Also, they only showed Jaime and Cara at the mat, none of the other teams?
    Anyone have an idea how far Jen & Kisha were behind everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3425645;
    Unfortunately, I missed this episode, but did catch the recaps on cbs.com. I got a general idea of how the show played out, but I would like to see the whole episode. Anyone know where I can see it?

From past seasons I have seen, they always have a continuation leg as they inch closer to the finale, right? Will this mean that there is a major equalizer coming up here (where they all are a
    the airport or sleeping in front of a place before it opens)? Seems to me, this will happen, and they pretty much will be even again. I guess it's anyone's game at this point. Next week there will be an elimination, and the finale following?

Also, they only showed Jaime and Cara at the mat, none of the other teams?
    Anyone have an idea how far Jen & Kisha were behind everyone else?
    As far as I know you can see the entire episode on CBS. Has anyone done that for TAR? I've done it for NCIS and Survivor.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread