+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by Rags317;3425350;
    ok...so tonight was a nonelim as well, then? Since they kept on racing, I mean....
    There have already been 2 NELs and there will not be any more. This is just an extended leg.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just finished watching. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Not only was it kind of satisfying for Jaime/Cara to not experience their first 1st (and I say kind of, because I like Cara), I can't believe that Kisha/Jen and Tammy/Victor have a chance to catch up! Yes!

Can you tell I'm overjoyed?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425355;
    So, I guess it was OK for Keshia and Jen to laugh at Luke when he got bit by the bird last episode but not for Margie and Luke to enjoy themselves when the girls are having trouble?
    A fair point, but Luke didn't have a phobia of birds. Being mocked/remarked upon for not being able to swim for lack of ability is one thing, but doing the same thing when the subject can't swim out of a serious irrational fear? That's quite another.

Just finished reading this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3424866;
    The sisters' responses were rude, but the blank stare with no response wasn't exactly cool either.
    That's how I feel also. But I must say that I was really disappointed with Kisha/Jen showing their "Ugly American" side on this leg. Jaime must be really rubbing off on them. I still love them, and I'm definitely still rooting for them. But the "Ugly American" attitude disgusts me, no matter where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3424922;
    Bla bla bla michael phelps is a dolphin bla bla bla.
    Ugh, Phelps getting shoved down our throats yet again. I went through all of that last summer and it definitely grew tiresome. TAR was the last place I expected to go through it again. He's an amazing swimming, most definitely, but he's also an over-exposed one.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3424978;
    I know Jen has a water phobia, but she needs to suck it up and give it a try, obviously they have people there that are going to make sure she doesn't drown.
    That's a lot to ask for when water is your phobia. Any Mole 2 fans out there? I remember Katie was deathly afraid of jelly, and I really had no clue why. But phobias sometimes can't be explained. The person is just deeply scared of whatever it might be. This was the case with Jen. To us, it was just a fairly shallow pool. To her, it was an easy way to drown. She eventually sucked it up (of course with a life vest on), but it must have been a lot for her to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3425171;
    Just a few observations about the show tonight....

1) I would bet money that show producers "talked" to the teams given their recent behavior. Luke and Margie and Jen and Keisha were REALLY working at keeping their emotions in check. Cara and Jaimie the same. The saner team members literally "warned" their teammates to settle down.

2) Keisha was AMAZING tonight. I loved how she took care of Jen. I was in Keisha's shoes once. A girlfriend was curled up in a ball and crying from fear of going on a gondola over the mountains Utah. Freakiest thing I ever experienced. I never knew how things like that can truely bring a person down, but they can.
    1) No way did the producers talk to the teams to calm down their behavior. If anything, they would be supporting it since it brought so much drama to the show.

2) Kisha has grown so much in my book. Not only was she hilarious in the last episode (the facial expressions during Cara's massage, small comments like, "Too damn long!", etc), she showed what a caring heart she has. It was touching when she donned that life vest in support of her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3425006;
    V: My leg is seizing up.
    T Put it in the car.

Leg cramps hurt like a bitch. I had one not too long ago, so I know what Victor felt like. But if I was Tammy, I would be saying the same exact thing. All his screaming just ate up time, no matter how much the cramps hurt.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3425235;
    All of a sudden I feel a Chuck Norris joke coming on!
    Phil does not go to the pitstop. The Pitstop comes to Phil.
    You've been Philiminated.

I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I'm going to reserve judgement on all the teams and their personalities until the race is over. In the interest of getting a story for rating's sake, people are manipulated into what the producers want them to be. Plus, it's a race for a million dollars - and anyone would probably fight, be rude, make catty comments, show all sorts of emotion, etc. for that money. My case, I'm generally kind, generous and polite to people, but if it was a race for that money (which even with taxes would be quite a bit of money for me), I'd probably end up at times acting like the above.

The one thing I would say that might hold true regardless of editing is people being ignorant that other countries have people who do not know English. In that case, you attempt to use what you can to communicate with someone - even if it's draw pictures. Come to think of it, this does make me believe though that they are not allowed to have electronic English - foreign language translators. Some of those can translate several languages into English and vice versa - it would be a boon to racers. So, for me, it's better to wait until the exit interviews - in a few cases it showed me my assessment of the racers was true (that Mike and Mel were very cool), and surprised me with others (a few cases this season).

As far as tonight - it was impressive that all four racers in the roadblock were able to handle that foot massage without crying uncle at anytime. I've had a similar massage, and yes, they're quite painful. The detour - I was impressed with Jen and Keesha finishing that challenge - though it could very well spell the end of their race, given that they attempted both detours twice (Something I haven't seen in the race - though I have missed a couple of races), and on the diving had to wait for Tammy and Victor a couple of times.

My question on the diving one - why didn't the teams count three - say jump! - and both jump in at the same time with their hands clasped over their heads? At least my opinion, that challenge could've been the faster one had they done that.

The swimming one was interesting - Luke and Margie were the closest to Phelps' time, followed by Jamie and Cara. All this said, I think the only reason they did the swimming challenge - besides the Phelps' connection- was that China was VERY proud of the swimming cube (it was highly talked about during the Olympics), which will still be used for international competitions as well as training for future Olympics. It was a nice tie-in, as was Romania and the gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425021;
    TAR hasn't had many swimming challenges that I remember. They have had horse riding, spray painting, motorcyycle assembly, canoeing, rock climbing and a host of other 'skilled' tasks, so it would be kind of hard to get lessons for everything they might be afraid of or not good at.
    Not that I think it's unfair--everyone has different skills.

I think this might be the first time any team has actually had to do lap swimming. But TAR has had quite a few water challenges....one season had teams in Korea (IIRC) that had to swim under the ice. I remember the clowns in that season. It was cold; they had to get their body temp back up to normal before continuing on after swimming under the ice (only one person had to do that though). Anyone with a fear of water would have freaked on that. Then there was the water polo challenge during Freddie and Kendras season where both members of the team had to suit up. They were in an Olympic-sized pool if I remember correctly where they would not have been able to touch bottom. In the season with Chip and Kim and Colin and Christie, they went down rapids on some kind of floaty thing where they had to go under the water that could also have caused someone a lot of angst. Also during that season, people had to dive down looking for clamshells to open to find a clue (only one person and of course that was Chip and Colin!) There might have been other water challenges in other seasons, but these ones come to mind right now.

I thought the sync diving would have been the quicker of the two tonight. I was surprised that Tammy and Victor had so much trouble with that task. They did much better swimming the laps. And yes, so many of them belly-flopped!

I am ambivalent about the sisters, but I really thought Kisha was so considerate and caring towards Jen was ready to give it all up.

Swimming doesn't bother me but I have many phobias...especially to bees and ketchup...and next week's eating competition is one that there is no way I would ever, ever be able to pull off! I also don't know if I would ever be able to bungee jump either.

When Cara and Jaime got to Phil and he announced that it was an extended leg, I shouted and laugh out loud. The dog, who had been sleeping, woke up, looked at me, and wondered what the heck was going on!

FORT Fogey

What Keisha did for her sister tonight was one of the most beautiful things I've seen on TAR.

I'm so glad I got to witness that.

And I am going to call my own sister tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425438;
    What Keisha did for her sister tonight was one of the most beautiful things I've seen on TAR.

I'm so glad I got to witness that.

And I am going to call my own sister tomorrow night.
    Kisha Not only is she caring, but she's also hilarious (look up "kisha jen sneeze" on YouTube, I can't get enough of it! ).

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3425374;
    A fair point, but Luke didn't have a phobia of birds. Being mocked/remarked upon for not being able to swim for lack of ability is one thing, but doing the same thing when the subject can't swim out of a serious irrational fear? That's quite another.
    From what I saw Luke and Margie were not there for the Jen breakdown and were probably not aware of it. The real meltdown occurred after Luke and Margie, Jaime and Cara were gone. So it's not Luke and Margie laughing at Jen's fear, it's Luke and Margie thrilled that they are ahead of the girls.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread