+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425059;
    Too bad he didn't have a tan though!
    Phil transcends mortal things such as tans.

I want to see Phil compete in the race in a Celebrity Edition by himself. While everyone else has partners. And he'd still win, because he's Phil.
    You've been Philiminated.

FORT Fogey

I can't say I was ever more happy for the continued leg than I was tonight!! I thought usually the clue didn't say pitstop though, thought it usually was just a go to a spot and Phil was there to say they need to continue. I hand it to Jen for pushing herself to finish the challenge despite such a fear - water is a huge one, and for Victor and Tammy and Kisha and Jen to both finish is saying something about their drive to conquer anything that they face. Jen could have quit, thinking they were last to the pitstop anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3425028;
    Ugh, they have to eat yucky Chinese delicacies, wear weird Chinese clothing. And of course Jaime bitches about the Chinese culture and language again. Blech.
    I know! Jamie and Cara were finally reasonably tolerable this leg and I briefly (for about 5 seconds) considered rooting for them to get to the finals. That didn't last very long!

I don't like Jen and Kisha, but I felt terrible for Jen that she was just devastated by that fear of the water - they obviously should have just worn the life vests the first time! I honestly thought the Sync part of the challenge was made TOO difficult. That diving board was pretty high and it looked basically impossible to earn the right score to move on.

At this point, by design or not, all of the final teams are extremely flawed. It's difficult to like any of them. I'll just keep watching and hope for the best...

Re Phil Photo: I think that looks like the Egypt trip. Where it was soooo hot and they had to dig and dig and dig in the sand and dirt searching for their lamb dinners which were baking in the earth.

Okay - 1 hour to go so no comment on the continuing saga of Luke/Margie. This is about the time they would do a continuation leg if they are going to do one. Anywhere they show up they are heart breakers for the first place team. Thanks to your posts I'm looking forward to the sadistic foot massages.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Just a few observations about the show tonight....

1) I would bet money that show producers "talked" to the teams given their recent behavior. Luke and Margie and Jen and Keisha were REALLY working at keeping their emotions in check. Cara and Jaimie the same. The saner team members literally "warned" their teammates to settle down.

2) Keisha was AMAZING tonight. I loved how she took care of Jen. I was in Keisha's shoes once. A girlfriend was curled up in a ball and crying from fear of going on a gondola over the mountains Utah. Freakiest thing I ever experienced. I never knew how things like that can truely bring a person down, but they can.

I'm a Luke fan, not so much Jen. But, I like Keisha and Margie the best. Too bad they can't be on the same team!
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-26-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3425077;
    Phil transcends mortal things such as tans.

I want to see Phil compete in the race in a Celebrity Edition by himself. While everyone else has partners. And he'd still win, because he's Phil.
    All of a sudden I feel a Chuck Norris joke coming on!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3425020;
    I haven't seem such display of lack of class as Jen and Kisha on the whole race.
    I have. They clashed with them last week. One of their names rhymes with puke.

ok...so tonight was a nonelim as well, then? Since they kept on racing, I mean....

I was so thrilled that Keshia and Jennifer were in last place. Jen is so negative and mean and disrespectful and she has a lot of nerve talking about karma in reference to her team's run ins with Luke. What an ugly, shriveled soul. I could not even have any sympathy with her breakdown at the pool. Both sisters deliberately push the other teams away from them. They come across as entitled and how dare the Chinese not speak any English. Well, I have found that if you are traveling that you have to have a little common courtesy and attempt to speak the language instead of being the ugly American, then you will be helped. The only true disappointment I had this episode was to find out the Keshia and Jen were not eliminated.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3424993;
    Wow Margie and Luke still bitter, saying bye bye Kisha and Jen and laughing because they suck at the water detour.
    So, I guess it was OK for Keshia and Jen to laugh at Luke when he got bit by the bird last episode but not for Margie and Luke to enjoy themselves when the girls are having trouble?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread