Poll: Who was really being the bitch?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who was the biggest bitch?

FORT Newbie

Re: Who was the biggest bitch?

I voted for Luke. While I know that his deafness puts him at a disadvantage, he seems to want to use that. It is okay for him to play the game and make mischievous moves, but he thinks people are not supose to do it to him because of his disability. His team does not have a problem selecting people for Roadblocks and hurting other teams, but everyone is supose to overlook doing that to him because of his disability. I have been teaching students with disabilities for 15 years (including students with hearing impairments). One thing I try to install in my students is that they should not use their disability as an excuse or as a "get out of jail free card." Personally Luke and his mother play the victim card ALOT!
    Personally I feel that Jen and Kisha would have acted the same way...rushing to the box, making the comments they did, and smiling at the at...if it were any team they had that conflict on. I do not think it was because of his deafness.

Regardless of the handicap, when participating in a contest, you do not or need not call the opposition a "bitch". Show's lack of sportsmanship, maturity etc. And the party doing the name calling did not cease with the diatribe but continued it throughout the event.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecj;3422612;
    I voted for Luke. While I know that his deafness puts him at a disadvantage, he seems to want to use that. It is okay for him to play the game and make mischievous moves, but he thinks people are not supose to do it to him because of his disability. His team does not have a problem selecting people for Roadblocks and hurting other teams, but everyone is supose to overlook doing that to him because of his disability. . . . Personally Luke and his mother play the victim card ALOT!
    Personally I feel that Jen and Kisha would have acted the same way...rushing to the box, making the comments they did, and smiling at the at...if it were any team they had that conflict on. I do not think it was because of his deafness.
    I think this sums it up pretty well. I don't think Jen and Kisha would have acted any differently towards any other team in a similar situation - including the comments made in the taxi. They paid Luke and Margie a real compliment - they treated them like they would have treated any other competitor.

Margie and Luke only want to be treated equally when it's to their advantage. When someone got "one-up" on them, they played the victim card. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3422689;
    Regardless of the handicap, when participating in a contest, you do not or need not call the opposition a "bitch". Show's lack of sportsmanship, maturity etc. And the party doing the name calling did not cease with the diatribe but continued it throughout the event.

I partly agree with that (since this is not a sporting event just a game) but when you get an elbow all bets are off.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3420256;
    I can explain at least my POV - a lot of people are not accustomed to some of the extremes Luke goes to in showing emotion. This goes with not just deafness but other disabilities and ailments such as demential, autism and such - people get uncomfortable or don't know how to react to that person and sometimes take it too the extreme on their side. I've seen several people who are totally deaf react in more exaggerated motions like he does. It's the one way they know people know exactly how they feel - as they cannot translate a vocalized comment - say a phrase said sarcastically.

I personally vote that this is a game, and with the final four at stake and NOT knowing if Mike and Mark would pull out another miracle, emotions were going to be high to try and secure a spot in that next leg of the race.

Were their actions wrong? - yes, on ALL accounts, but understandable. I would not be surprised if this happened again in the race to the final three - especially how close the first three teams were.
    Those were exactly my thoughts. I truly believe that emotions were very high at that point in the race and with the levels of stress and exhaustion on all players they did things that they normally would not do.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecj;3422612;
    I voted for Luke. While I know that his deafness puts him at a disadvantage, he seems to want to use that. It is okay for him to play the game and make mischievous moves, but he thinks people are not supose to do it to him because of his disability. His team does not have a problem selecting people for Roadblocks and hurting other teams, but everyone is supose to overlook doing that to him because of his disability. I have been teaching students with disabilities for 15 years (including students with hearing impairments). One thing I try to install in my students is that they should not use their disability as an excuse or as a "get out of jail free card." Personally Luke and his mother play the victim card ALOT!
    that's exactly what i think. M&L are always playing the victim card and bringing up his deaf handicap

also the bit in the taxi when Luke signed "it's just mean to call a deaf person a bitch" (or something similar, can't remember the direct quote)

FORT Fogey

Jen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3420343;
    I went with neither because both wasn't an option. I think it was an over reaction from both of them. Each incident looked accidental on the part of the person running into the other person. It's a competition and things sometimes get heated. Maybe I will save my bitch reference for people like Kendra who act like the world is beneath them because it isn't how they think is should be. (Or for Flo just because she is Flo)
    Yeah, it's the fact that Luke's wasn't presented as accidental, and he was called a "Bitch" for it, then accused of running over her when he didn't that win's Jen the title of "biggest bitch" for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3420713;
    Not arguing or even disagreeing--but just a thought here-

IF we're going to give Luke a by for his 'exagerated reaction" because of his deafness--then shouldn't we give Jen a by for her instinctive ATHLETE'S reaction?

Just wondering....

Not sure I understand the question - is name-calling an "instinctive ATHLETE'S reaction"?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3421793;
    I voted for Margie. She kept beating a dead horse so to speak and went on and on about it. I think the sisters were finished with it when she called him a bi**h or what he did a bi**h move. They seemed to move on and Margie just couldn't let go.
    No, she wasn't finished with it when she called him a "bitch." That was bad sportsmanship, at the very least, from the beginning, and not taking responsibility for it made it worse.

People who just want to move on after they get their "lick" in and feel that the other party should get over it and not respond are not admirable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast