+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I will answer my own questions, as I went searching for answers.

Each team is allowed to use the Yield option once during the entire game
    A team may be yielded multiple times by other teams
    Yields that are present in the race that are not used and do not affect the outcome, may not be aired.

There doesn't have to be a definite number of Yields each season. Season 10, despite saying that there were two yields in entire race, only one aired. Season 12 had no Yields.

So, we will see next week if there are any more Yields.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3418730;
    Personally, I think Kisha & Jen were snickering because of Luke's immature reactions... not because he was signing. I wish when they were asked about their reaction, they had just said - "we're laughing because Luke is acting like a spoiled brat"... not just "this is how we act". Perhaps then Margie would not have gone off on her discrimination rampage.
    Throughout this race I have not seen any of the contestants treating Luke differently. If Margie would think about it, perhaps she would see that Jen was treating Luke like a fellow competitor - not as a "handicapped" person... and isn't that what Margie and Luke want?... to be treated just like anyone else?
    Oh, and Luke's reaction to the bird bite was lame - suck it up dude, and move on. He does seem to be a little bit like a spoiled little kid.
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. I think Phil felt the same way, thus the reason why he didn't make a big deal about it. I think that's what pissed Margie off more, because he wasn't taking sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3418416;
    I honestly though that Kisha and Jen were laughing at Luke before Margie went off on them, so apparently I can see her point. I've seen that sort of snickering at the handicapped before and for some reason, Kisha and Jen strike me as just the sort of people who would do such a thing.
    I agree, the laughing and continued remarks and name calling in the taxi were an example of where Kisha/Jen were going with this situation.

FORT Regular

I am on Luke's side here. When someone calls you a bad name, you need to stand up for yourself and make it known that you will not get pushed around. That's exactly what Luke did. I applaud him for that.

Luke came across as a whiny little bitch.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdhtexas;3418841;
    I am on Luke's side here. When someone calls you a bad name, you need to stand up for yourself and make it known that you will not get pushed around. That's exactly what Luke did. I applaud him for that.
    I have to disagree with you. If someone calls you a bad name, you shrug it off and accept that it only makes them look stupid.
    If everyone got that upset over being called a name, everyone would be friggin' miserable.

They were all acting like idiots. I think Margie's instincts in some cases were right... she kept telling Luke to let it go, to forget about it. But unfortunately she let her anger and emotion take control of her, and wound up overreacting
    at the pitstop.

I'm looking forward to the confessionals next week to see whether they are embarassed by their actions (and reactions) or if they plan to continue this completely moronic feud.

Ill throw my two cents in here. While I thought they all acted immaturely, I fault Margie and Luke more for it escalating. In the first incident, I saw her moving in too quickly and bumping Luke - she shouldn't have reached over him, but he definitely shouldn't have thrown an elbow. The b comment was unneccessary, but IMO was kind of under her breath - and she did put her hand over her mouth, like "oops - I shouldn't have said that." Still she shouldn't have said it. In the second incident, I saw Luke accidentally barrel into her, and she was mad but maintained her composure, then he tried to grab, she put her arm out to block him and he overreacted to it. Later he told his mom that she "grabbed my arm and pushed me away" which was an exaggeration - at least I never saw her grab his arm.?

I think both Margie and Luke fed off each other to continue the anger. I felt for him to be visibly angry at the mat before Phil asked them about it was only to draw attention to the incident. And the snickering (although immature)was more about Luke's reaction, not his handicap. Margie's outburst was uncalled for and IMO yes, she does coddle him. I compare it to how I was towards my kids when they were school age. Laughing at their jokes, building them up, etc.. It just seems like she doesn't treat him like an adult. I have no idea what it would be like to have a special needs kid. But one of my good friends has an 18 year old autistic son, who is at an 8-10 year olds developmental level. In comparison I think my friend expects better manners and self control from her son, than Margie does of Luke.

I have no idea who I want to win the whole thing. I dislike the one cheerleader and Victor and Tammy really annoyed me this episode. During the calligraphy task, Victor repeated himself over and over, as if to make sure everyone knew that they were Chinese - give them preferential treatment. And the comment about his father crying was ridiculous.

I've liked LaKisha and Jen until the b incident, but maybe they can redeem themselves in the next episode - calling a truce with Luke and Margie or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex;3418794;
    I think this is why I was one of the few that liked Treasure Hunters. They actually had to use their brains in addition to just racing. The answers weren't just handed to them, they had to figure out the clues.

As far as the fight, it wouldn't have been a big deal if it hadn't been Luke/Margie involved. I see producer manipulation in that I bet the film crew/production egged each team on in the cabs

I don't have a horse in this race, it just looks like it will be an interesting finish.
    I'm there with you on Treasure Hunters...loved the show because they had to use their heads...not just blind luck.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3418859;
    I have to disagree with you. If someone calls you a bad name, you shrug it off and accept that it only makes them look stupid.
    If everyone got that upset over being called a name, everyone would be friggin' miserable.

They were all acting like idiots. I think Margie's instincts in some cases were right... she kept telling Luke to let it go, to forget about it. But unfortunately she let her anger and emotion take control of her, and wound up overreacting
    at the pitstop.

I'm looking forward to the confessionals next week to see whether they are embarassed by their actions (and reactions) or if they plan to continue this completely moronic feud.
    In my case, I will react and let you and everyone else know to not even try something like that with me, and that I will not tolerate it, especially in a competition of this magnitude.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3418837;
    I agree, the laughing and continued remarks and name calling in the taxi were an example of where Kisha/Jen were going with this situation.

Looked at this from a completely game-playing point of view without personalities involved--

For athletes, throwing their competition off-stride is not only an excellent strategy--but one that works very well--as is obvious from Margie's reaction.

I'm not saying that the sisters "should" have done this--but it does make sense from a competition point of view.

And I agree that if the competition had NOT been Luke but another player the reaction from many viewers would just be--"That's a good way to play the game."

And my advice for Margie and Luke-

--take the "anger" etc from this and USE IT to up your game. That would be the most strategic and helpful response to make.

Self-pity really sucks away energy and that's one thing you don't want to lose in a game like this--the energy to play your very very best.

The best athletes know to take whatever situation they find themselves in and turn it to their advantage. Listen to Tiger Woods talking about this. He's turned himself into one of the world's premier competititors using this strategy of using everything to your own advantage.

An aside from personal experience--if you don't compete athletically you have no idea of the trash talk and other attempts to throw your competitors off stride that often goes on just before an event.

Most of it is never seen or heard by spectators--but it is definitely part of any competition.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 04-20-2009 at 03:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread