+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 99

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #81
    what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    between heaven and dimentia
    Posts
    4,419

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3411929;
    I thought that was just crap he made up to try to make it look better.
    that's exactly what it was.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

  2. #82
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,443

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3411797;
    There is one other possibility - based on how Phil phrased his comment to the girls even a second time, they were assessed some penalty still but it wouldn't affect the standings. (He did say they were the fourth team to arrive, and not team number four when they did finally return to the mat with credentials.)

    Only reason I mention the fourth one is that Nick and Starr did get assessed a 30 min. penalty for a speeding ticket, yet it was not shown because it did not affect the standings.
    It's been said by both contestants and producers in interviews from seasons past that penalties are assessed FAR more frequently than we see. The only time an assessed penalty is aired is when it changes the race order, but that doesn't mean that they're not happening.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,143

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3411822;
    I love Margie, she is definitely my favorite contestant this year. But, in the previews it does show Luke pushing and elbowing a girl, and that is a big no-no in my book. I have two teen boys and I have taught them that , no matter what she does, they NEVER lay a hand on a girl, ever! He would not be exempt because he is deaf if he were my son!
    Until I see the episode, I'm taking Luke's pushing with a grain of salt. People's peripheral vision is not always super sharp to begin with, and Luke does have a disadvantage of not hearing footfalls. It's possible - I will not say guarantee - that he elbowed her by mistake as it looked like to me they both got there at the same time, he opened it up elbows out, and she got hit.

    This doesn't excuse his behavior in the fight at the mat afterward - there is a way to handle oneself without the violence hearing or not - but it might be a problem too. We'll have to wait and see.

  4. #84
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3411758;
    These penalties are so random in time it is silly. I think they just may be trying to get rid of the last all male team so that they might get an all women team to win finally. I have never seen such penalties in a season ever.
    It's the brothers' own fault for not following the rules. I'm sure that the producers give each of the teams a quick debriefing of what they should expect to follow on the race. Everyone else seems to have followed these rules pretty well. The brothers have taken it upon themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3411814;
    I also would love to see Cara and Jaime leave soon - I am so tired of the condescending and rude behavior towards the cab drivers.
    The rude behavior is all coming from Jaime though. That's the reason why I feel bad for Cara; she gets all the same hatred that her partner may deserve while she herself does nothing. I still like Cara. Jaime... not so much.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  5. #85
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,081

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3411958;
    Until I see the episode, I'm taking Luke's pushing with a grain of salt. People's peripheral vision is not always super sharp to begin with, and Luke does have a disadvantage of not hearing footfalls. It's possible - I will not say guarantee - that he elbowed her by mistake as it looked like to me they both got there at the same time, he opened it up elbows out, and she got hit.

    This doesn't excuse his behavior in the fight at the mat afterward - there is a way to handle oneself without the violence hearing or not - but it might be a problem too. We'll have to wait and see.
    I watched the preview on line twice and I never saw Luke elbow any one. Both people looked equally aggressive trying to get to clues in the clue box. I thought in the second incident the lady was quiet rude as she blocked Luke getting access to the clue box while she attempted to read her clue. I think the girls are equally aggressive they are just trying to get away with it because they are girls. They looked pretty self righteous about to.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey ducky2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3412111;
    It's the brothers' own fault for not following the rules. I'm sure that the producers give each of the teams a quick debriefing of what they should expect to follow on the race. Everyone else seems to have followed these rules pretty well. The brothers have taken it upon themselves.



    The rude behavior is all coming from Jaime though. That's the reason why I feel bad for Cara; she gets all the same hatred that her partner may deserve while she herself does nothing. I still like Cara. Jaime... not so much.

    I like Cara as well - I just didn't know who was who so directed my post at both of them. Unfortunately, though they are a team, and probably are not leaving the best impression of Americans to those they come in contact with, all because of Jaime's mouth. That's too bad.

  7. #87
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3412248;
    I watched the preview on line twice and I never saw Luke elbow any one. Both people looked equally aggressive trying to get to clues in the clue box. I thought in the second incident the lady was quiet rude as she blocked Luke getting access to the clue box while she attempted to read her clue. I think the girls are equally aggressive they are just trying to get away with it because they are girls. They looked pretty self righteous about to.
    Check the first incident again. Luke and Jen were running side by side towards the clue box, but Luke ended up getting a better position to grab the clue first. But as he did, he raised his arm into Jen's face. I even provided a screencap in Kisha/Jen's thread.

    In the second incident, Luke didn't seem intentional. They were both running side by side again, but this time, Jen reached the box first. But it looked like they were running down a slope, so Luke might have lost his balance, causing him to crash into Jen and tip her over. So of course, Jen was going to mad because not only did he elbow her face (and not say sorry, but I'll wait 'til the episode to see if he does apologize), he also crashed her into the box (even if it was unintentional).

    These little incidents aren't so bad in my eyes. The behavior that Luke possesses at the mat is what grosses me out. He and his mom get mad at Jen for calling him a bitch, but what does he do in retaliation? Do the same thing.

    But you know, I'll wait until the actual episode to pass any real judgment. This is all just coming from a preview.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  8. #88
    Tivoaholic Tivoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    122

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3411957;
    It's been said by both contestants and producers in interviews from seasons past that penalties are assessed FAR more frequently than we see. The only time an assessed penalty is aired is when it changes the race order, but that doesn't mean that they're not happening.
    Yes...we actually saw that at the beginning of this leg. The stuntmen had an hours worth of penalties, but left over 3 hours after the first team...which made zero sense and TPTB didn't bother to explain it to us silly sheep.

  9. #89
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    looks like jen and kisha go off on luke and use the b word.they look bigger than him and ger mad when he beats them to the box i think.

  10. #90
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,081

    Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Overall what does it really matter. It's a race, everyone's adrenaline is up everyone wants to be first to the clue box, although I think it is more important to be first to the mat at the pitstop especially on the final leg, there is always a lot of jostling, feet, elbows, whatever, this is not new so why all the talk about inappropriate behavior? It happens every leg during every season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.