+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I found this to be quite an exciting episode. The drama and suspense centered around the bags made for a good show. I learned more about AR rules that I had no idea, like not being able to check in without your credentials, and not being able to barter personal items for a cab fees.

Years back, when Rob and Amber were on the show, didn't they actually have someone ride around with them in the cab to show them directions? Why were the brothers penalized last week for having their cab driver show them the way to go? Is it because they're paying the cab driver?

Next week looks like another good episode. I am sure all the teams are envious of Margie and Luke for doing so well in the game (Is it three or four first place for them?). I think now that they are winding down to the final four, tensions are high, and this may be part of the reason that Luke and the sister get into it. At the beginning of this race, I would have predicted that the sister athletes would doextremely well, but that has not been the case. That's what I love about this game; it's anybody's game. Just because a team is physically fit, doesn't necessarily mean that a team will dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3411786;
    no, they are not allowed to do random penalties - it has to be spelled out in the rules. The teams - and i am specifically talking about the brothers, need to read the rules and follow them.
    Wish we could see the game rules, and watch for slip-ups. But then the check in wouldn't be as dramatic when Phil says "however..."

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3411805;
    I found this to be quite an exciting episode. The drama and suspense centered around the bags made for a good show. I learned more about AR rules that I had no idea, like not being able to check in without your credentials, and not being able to barter personal items for a cab fees.

Years back, when Rob and Amber were on the show, didn't they actually have someone ride around with them in the cab to show them directions? Why were the brothers penalized last week for having their cab driver show them the way to go? Is it because they're paying the cab driver?

Next week looks like another good episode. I am sure all the teams are envious of Margie and Luke for doing so well in the game (Is it three or four first place for them?). I think now that they are winding down to the final four, tensions are high, and this may be part of the reason that Luke and the sister get into it. At the beginning of this race, I would have predicted that the sister athletes would doextremely well, but that has not been the case. That's what I love about this game; it's anybody's game. Just because a team is physically fit, doesn't necessarily mean that a team will dominate.
    I wonder if the reason Kisha and Jen get so angry is that they still believe that Margie and Luke tried to sabotage them this episode. Remember when they said that M and L told their cab driver to give the K and J's driver the wrong directions? When actually, M and L stopped and got new directions from the road workers and then went a different way.

I still think it looks like Luke is out of line next week. I really like Margie but like Luke less and less. It seems like he is quite immature for his age - certainly not because of his disability, but maybe he's just kind of spoiled?

I also would love to see Cara and Jaime leave soon - I am so tired of the condescending and rude behavior towards the cab drivers.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I love Margie, she is definitely my favorite contestant this year. But, in the previews it does show Luke pushing and elbowing a girl, and that is a big no-no in my book. I have two teen boys and I have taught them that , no matter what she does, they NEVER lay a hand on a girl, ever! He would not be exempt because he is deaf if he were my son!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3411805;

Because it was spelled out in the task directions that they could not do that - one of the other teams (the redheadds, I think) thoght t hey would do that and the other one said no they can't as she was reading the clue.

As long as it does not say they cannot have someone help them, they can.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3411838;
    Because it was spelled out in the task directions that they could not do that - one of the other teams (the redheadds, I think) thoght t hey would do that and the other one said no they can't as she was reading the clue.

As long as it does not say they cannot have someone help them, they can.
    For some reason, the stuntmen don't seem to realize that everything they do is being filmed and TPTB see all and know all. That's the only reason I can think of for their chronic disregard for the rules, which makes them kind of weaselly in my book.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Hmm. Some of my opinions.

1) I have no idea why Kisha & Jen chose to check in at the pit stop without their fanny pack. Since they do not have their travel documents, there is really no way that they can check in at the pitstop at all. The TAR producers will not collect the travel documents and hand it to them during the 12-hour rest period (remember when Dan and Andrew left their shoes at the task, they had buy new shoes). It only seemed logical to take the documents back themselves, at least IMO.

2) Yup. I do agree that there should be a penalty for exchanging personal possessions. If not, I can bring along extra goods to exchange for money during the race. I don't think it is a new rule either! In past seasons, teams have attempted to trade their belongings, but I don't think any cab drivers have accepted them before (eg Dan and Andrew, Uchenna and Joyce). As for teams begging for money, they have never traded their personal possessions. It was purely asking for some goodwill in exchange for nothing. As for a 2 hour penalty as opposed to a standard 30min penalty? Hmm.. that is debatable I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3411889;
    For some reason, the stuntmen don't seem to realize that everything they do is being filmed and TPTB see all and know all. That's the only reason I can think of for their chronic disregard for the rules, which makes them kind of weaselly in my book.
    One of the stuntmen said by way of explanation to Phil (not an exact quote!) that he wouldn't have felt right not giving the cabbies anything and that he didn't want to invoke bad karma in Thailand. It sounded like he knew it would incur a penalty but that it was worth it to not cheat the guys out of their money. IMO that's an admirable way to conduct oneself, unlike the penalties for last week especially the hiding of the stuff at the roadblock. That was weaselly. The weird thing about that was they wasted time hiding the stuff. Not very much time, but they could have already been on the road and then not received that penalty at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3411909;
    One of the stuntmen said by way of explanation to Phil (not an exact quote!) that he wouldn't have felt right not giving the cabbies anything and that he didn't want to invoke bad karma in Thailand. It sounded like he knew it would incur a penalty but that it was worth it to not cheat the guys out of their money.
    I thought that was just crap he made up to try to make it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3411909;
    One of the stuntmen said by way of explanation to Phil (not an exact quote!) that he wouldn't have felt right not giving the cabbies anything and that he didn't want to invoke bad karma in Thailand. It sounded like he knew it would incur a penalty but that it was worth it to not cheat the guys out of their money.
    Orr, they could have done what Keisha ands Jen did, and just tell the cabbie up front--"we don't have the full fare; will you please help us?" That's not cheating anyone. And for all we know, K and J's cabbie helped because he wanted to bring good vibes to his direction.
    I'm not using the word "karma" here, because isn't that a Hindu, not Buddhist, term?
    Last edited by queenb; 04-13-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread