+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia;3411301;
    i've never heard of this before: turning contestants away at the pit stop because they've left their bags en route? and Phil says, "I can't check you in--you have go back to the detour, get your travel documents and then i can check you in." Has this ever happened before?
    Yes and no. The mother/son team last year was eliminated last year and had lost their passports. That said, they were too far behind to have made it in time, and the other teams had gotten to the mat before they did, so they were eliminated for being the last team to check in.

That said, according to their interview, Phil said that had they still made it to the mat before the last team to check in, they'd still been eliminated because they did not have their credentials. They did get their passports back I believe the next day at the Embassy (their taxi driver actually returned them), but it was open after all the other teams had left so it was regardless.

FORT Fogey

I loved the colors of those Thai taxicabs! I want one of those hot pink ones!

FORT Fogey

I missed tonight's episode. I've read through a few pages of posts but the ending isn't clear for me and I was wondering if someone would mind filling me in?

It appears this was a non-elimination episode and what were the placements?

Many thanks in advance!

Premium Member

The placements:

1st: Margie and Luke
    2nd: Jamie and Cara
    3rd: Tammy and Victor
    4th: Kisha and Jen
    5th and NEL: Mark and Michael (will start with a 3 hr plus penalty plus a speedbump)

FORT Fogey

I'm so shocked at the preview for next week! Why would Luke push Jen? Jen shouldn't have pushed back, but you shouldn't push someone smaller than you and you shouldn't push a woman! That is just not right! I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I have a feeling Margie doesn't tell Luke exactly what the girls were saying, so that probably made him even angrier.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3411606;
    The placements:

1st: Margie and Luke
    2nd: Jamie and Cara
    3rd: Tammy and Victor
    4th: Kisha and Jen
    5th and NEL: Mark and Michael (will start with a 3 hr plus penalty plus a speedbump)
    Thanks Paridy!

Loved this episode! Totally hilarious with the Mai Thai Trannies. I believe I'm in the minority, but I'm really liking this season, definitely more than last season. I mean, it was good and all, but I'm enjoying this one more.

But one thing I'm upset about though is that the detour painted Thailand's culture in a bad light. I mean, from a viewers perspective, I'm seeing Thai people being either someone with not-so-great teeth or a transvestite. Is that what the country's all about? I seriously doubt it, but if I only watched this episode, I would be led to believe that that's what Thailand's all about.

Other than that small little thing, I really enjoyed this episode.

I was very relieved that Kisha & Jen were saved. For one thing, it was admirable that the two kept racing even with their stuff behind. It was stupid to just forget about the fanny pack, but I respected them caring more about finishing the race than getting their stuff back, unlike Mark/Michael. The "Penalty Brothers" (I think that's what I'm going to call them from now on ) were too caught up in getting their belongings than on the race itself, and it eventually bit them in the back as the continuous taxi rides ate up their money.

Their penalty was understandable, but I'll get to that in another post because if I just included my understandings in this post, then I honestly think that some of you might just pass it by. Because my posts have been known to be very lengthy, and I think most of you just scroll down past them.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3411613;
    I'm so shocked at the preview for next week! Why would Luke push Jen? Jen shouldn't have pushed back, but you shouldn't push someone smaller than you and you shouldn't push a woman! That is just not right! I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I have a feeling Margie doesn't tell Luke exactly what the girls were saying, so that probably made him even angrier.
    I know it might sound wrong, but I'm looking forward to next week's episode! I'm curious as to why they couldn't just resolve the issue like adults. But then again, they did shove into each other pretty hard. I'll see how it all plays out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3411343;
    Did anyone else notice that Victor and Tammie left 1st at 9:27 and the Reds left second at 12:31 and THEN the brothers at 12:46. The brothers only incurred a 1 hour penalty (2-30mins), so how come they are almost 3 hours behind Tammie and Victor when the brothers had come in 1st before their penalties??? It didn't matter because of the airport bunch-up, but I found it weird it wasn't explained. Did I miss something?
    Nice catch! I didn't even notice that. Hmmm... that's really strange. CBS, we want answers! Perhaps they were awarded some time for some behind-the-scenes problems?
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 04-13-2009 at 02:55 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

For a guy who doesn't talk and doesn't lip read, Luke did an wfl lot of talking this week.

Also--my fave team had a meltdown! C'mon guys--get it together! Now is not time to get petty with each other!

Minds on the game--go, go go!!

Alright, here is my understanding about why the Penalty Brothers were penalized 4 hours. I've been reading on other boards, and it seems that this isn't a new rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex;3411414;
    And I didn't know that they couldn't barter for taxi fare if they didn't have enough money.
    I didn't know that bartering wasn't allowed either! I was pretty shocked also as I seemed to have remember that teams in the past have bartered also. But after reading about the issue, it seems that past teams used items they bought with money from the race. There were teams that used food, and Dandrew last season used their shoes which they bought in that one airport. So in those cases, it wasn't illegal.

It was illegal in the Penalty Brothers' case because they used items from home. Like dantrb said...

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3411515;
    I don't know, I would bring a Rolex, gold and precious jewels, stuff I know the Taxis would take. I can see not being fair to the other racers if I have stuff to bargain with a higher value.
    ...you can just bring a wide amount of stuff from home and use it to pay your taxis anytime you want. And I'm sorry, but that's totally unfair. The 2-hour penalty was deserved.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I thought the mother-son team from last season, Dallas and his mom, never made it to the pitstop. Phil came out to them to tell them that they were the last team. IIRC, they were trying to get money for cabfare since their money was in their fannypack. They were not on hand at the final pitstop in the US due to not being able to get a flight back in time, IIRC.

I have also seen in previous seasons where people did not have enough cash for cabs and tried bartering and the cab drivers would say forget it, no problem and give them a free ride (like the sisters' cabbie on tonight's epi.) Remember when Uchenna and Joyce were at the final pitstop and didn't have enough cabfare? Uchenna had to beg strangers for money to cover the fare. He had tried offering up his watch, etc., but the guy would not take it; he wanted his money instead - that was in the US, but still.

Also in the past when the last to get to the pitstop were told they were saved due to it being a non-elim episode, they were to start off the next leg with no money....and later on the no backpacks, just the clothes on your back rule came into effect.....those people had to beg for money before they could really start the next leg. I am glad the teams no longer have to beg and, instead, have to do a speed bump.

I wonder if there will be major bunching at an airport or some place doesn't open until a certain time next week....and all the teams have to wait hours before continuing. That will give the brothers time to catch up.

I, too, loved the Mai Thai Trannies and the brothers were so clueless. The teeth challenge would not have bothered me at all. I used to be a dental hygienist! LOL

This episode would have been soooo different if those brothers and the sisters had only turned around once they realized they left their stuff behind.

I think the one sister who gets into it with Luke on next week's episode reacted the way she did because we also saw where she and Luke had another cluebox incident earlier in the episode....and Luke came out ahead in that incident. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Any sports garbage on next Sunday afternoon? I am really getting tired of TAR not come on time!
    Last edited by MamaC; 04-13-2009 at 03:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread