+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3411378;
    Whoa a fight with Luke and Kisha and Jen, calling each other bitches. Phil looks perplexed.
    Poor Phil, what to do, what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3411448;
    Yeah, I don't know about getting into a fight with the deaf boy - I'd avoid it - impossible to come out looking good.
    I thought so too until watching the footage of him trying to push his way through throwing a high elbow at that. Not only do they have the right to call him a bitch, they also have the right to slam dunk his ass into the pavement. Of course, however hilarious that would be to see it probably would be cause for disqualification

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason;3411501;
    Poor Phil, what to do, what to do.

I thought so too until watching the footage of him trying to push his way through throwing a high elbow at that. Not only do they have the right to call him a bitch, they also have the right to slam dunk his ass into the pavement. Of course, however hilarious that would be to see it probably would be cause for disqualification
    Plenty have contestants have pulled that in the past and didn't get disqualified. I'll have to see what actually happened since the promo only shows a few seconds. How do we know she wasn't shoving him first (kinda what it looked like in the promo to me anyway but again, it was only a few seconds) so I'm going to hold out judgment on this one til I actually see the whole thing.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;3411463;
    Must be a new rule this season because the last leg of last season a team bartered with their taxi driver. Myself...I think it's a stupid rule. If they barter and the taxi driver accepts, then whose business is it? More power to them for using their bargaining skills to advance in the game!
    I think it's a new rule too. I don't know, I would bring a Rolex, gold and precious jewels, stuff I know the Taxis would take. I can see not being fair to the other racers if I have stuff to bargain with a higher value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;3411463;
    Must be a new rule this season because the last leg of last season a team bartered with their taxi driver. Myself...I think it's a stupid rule. If they barter and the taxi driver accepts, then whose business is it? More power to them for using their bargaining skills to advance in the game!

I don't know...this used to be my absolute favorite show, but they're starting to do some really dumb things IMHO.
    I was really surprised that was a rule, as well. I know people in previous seasons haven't had enough money to pay their cab drivers, and they've gotten into arguments, the taxi drivers would refuse to give them their things, threaten to call the police, etc. I'm picturing a scene with Colin and Christie from seasons back, but my memory is hazy.

What are the contestants supposed to do if they don't have enough money? :

A 2 hour penalty per bartering incident seems REALLY extreme. Those guys are toast if there isn't any Amazing bunching at the airport in the next leg.

Not looking forward to the elbow throwing and shoving. That can't end well.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secret
    A 2 hour penalty per bartering incident seems REALLY extreme. Those guys are toast if there isn't any Amazing bunching at the airport in the next leg.
    I think that is really an important point. What happened to the usual 30 minute penalty? 4 hours in penalities is absolutely ridiculous...
    One of their penalties last week was undeserved I felt... it wasn't a huge deal to me that the put the stuff in the box, it's not like they hid the box or anything, it was still out in plain sight.

I've a feeling that the producers DON'T want an all male team winning this year, and perhaps they have a hate-on for the little guys. So, even though I don't particularly like Mike and Mark, now I kind of want to see them make the finals.

On another note, how amazing is Margie!?! She could run this darn race by herself and run circles around the other contestants... and still finish first.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3411343;
    Did anyone else notice that Victor and Tammie left 1st at 9:27 and the Reds left second at 12:31 and THEN the brothers at 12:46. The brothers only incurred a 1 hour penalty (2-30mins), so how come they are almost 3 hours behind Tammie and Victor when the brothers had come in 1st before their penalties??? It didn't matter because of the airport bunch-up, but I found it weird it wasn't explained. Did I miss something?
    That's what I wa trying to figure out - are they working on different time zones? LOL

Poo on the NEL. The contestants this season have become cantankerous and boring. I noticed they made a point of showing Luke and Marge transferring their backpacks to the boat - a clue things would go wrong with that for other teams. The teeth challenge was gross. I'm glad Marge was a nurse and could get close and personal, though Luke showed a squeamish side, as did I.

So much time was spent on transportation problems. Was that because the challenges were rather straight forward? I don't know when I've seen such riding around in taxis angst; and we've seen plenty on this show. All the drama centered around the missing packs, which in my opinion led to the boring bits. By the pit stop I didn't care who could leave Thailand and who couldn't.

Mark/Michael have what seems an insurmountable task to start the next leg. That and the elbow throwing drama between Luke and Kisha are what we can look forward to next week. Blah.

All the same, I'm now invested in seeing this Race to the Finish Line.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3411572;
    I think that is really an important point. What happened to the usual 30 minute penalty? 4 hours in penalities is absolutely ridiculous...
    One of their penalties last week was undeserved I felt... it wasn't a huge deal to me that the put the stuff in the box, it's not like they hid the box or anything, it was still out in plain sight.

I've a feeling that the producers DON'T want an all male team winning this year, and perhaps they have a hate-on for the little guys. So, even though I don't particularly like Mike and Mark, now I kind of want to see them make the finals.

On another note, how amazing is Margie!?! She could run this darn race by herself and run circles around the other contestants... and still finish first.
    I think the reason they were assessed the penalty for putting the items in the box was that the pumps were part of the challenge - to air up the tires. Several of the rickshaws were did not have their tires aired up, which makes them harder to pull. Margie and Luke's was one of them, and it did affect Margie (it's not the only reason mind you - Margie should've drank more water - but it's part of it). Plus, the rickshaws were probably rented, and CBS probably had to pay for the tires that were damaged by not being aired up (2 miles with flat tires will wear out them out). So, this was the only way they could "fine" Mike and Mark for the damages.

Now, the four hour penalty - honestly, it did surprise me ... to a point. Countries such as Russia will pretty much forgive you if you don't have enough change (this does happen in the real world BTW - have family who's visited the country and vouched for it), and some people will do in kind bartering because that's how the people in that country work to make a living.

That said, I can understand their reasoning for a new rule. IMHO the race is designed to where the money they are given is enough to pay the fees needed for that leg of the race. Plus, as I've seen with some of the other racers in the past, they could've bartered with people around them to sell their items for money to pay the person instead of doing a trade.

Then again, for all we know, CBS is doing a CYA where they don't have to worry about the taxi drivers changing their mind and possibly doing something to the racers. But, I could also see it too as protection for the contestants - You don't want to risk in some countries offering a trade because it can be seen as an insult and cause problems.

Now the four hours part (2 hrs. per offense) - we have to bear in mind too this is not the first time the brothers have broken the rules (and it's obvious they knew this was against the rules based on the dialogue at the pit stop), so this could be the second offense time assessed to those who continually break the rules. This goes double with them still being assessed the penalty on their start next leg of the race. Personally, I think they're lucky it was a NEL, and hope they don't decide to do a fast forward next leg of the race, even if they don't have a shot at getting that pass they're so far behind.

What got me the most was that I've never seen Phil looked that PISSED at a set of contestants. Even the bit next week (which IMHO I think no matter who was pushing whom calling people names and fighting about it is silly and ridiculous - unless it determines a team that is eliminated (I hope not) ), Phil doesn't look nearly as mad as he did when the brothers were assessed the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3411579;
    Poo on the NEL. The contestants this season have become cantankerous and boring. I noticed they made a point of showing Luke and Marge transferring their backpacks to the boat - a clue things would go wrong with that for other teams. The teeth challenge was gross. I'm glad Marge was a nurse and could get close and personal, though Luke showed a squeamish side, as did I.
    I have to admit that was a rather ... interesting... challenge. That said, it was the better choice for Margie and Luke (even if I think that Margie's being a nurse helped them with the choice as well), as Luke can't hear the music and would have an even more difficult time with the Karaoke challenge (they might've been concerned about penalties if Luke didn't compete in the Roadblock, where he at least did do some of the denture work on the other side).

Yep, the moment I heard Luke say "Mom, the backpacks" I think twice, I knew it was going to be an issue. Keesha and Jen's mistake was not bringing their credentials (that was a boneheaded move - they keep the credentials in a hip pouch, something that 95 percent of the time you DON'T need to remove in order to complete a task ), but at least they were able to get it in time to get back before Mike and Mark's time penalty was over.

I mean, I don't know which one of the brothers said leave the backpacks, but they really should've left them - they had their money and passports. If this had been an elimination leg, they'd at least had been able to continue the next leg, even if they had to wear smelly clothes the rest of the race (though I personally think a team or two would've tried to give them something to wear that'd fit them or could be taken up to where they could wear it).

Haha! Unless they get first place, the preview showed that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the stuntmen brothers
    get eliminated next.

+ Reply to Thread