+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 3/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer24;3390235;
    Tammy and Victor are even for the season-

Victor did the bungy jump (episode 1), the bobsled ride (episode 4) and the camels (episode 6)

Tammy did the paraglide/run down the hill (episode 2), the gymnastics (episode 3) and the underwear marathon (episode 5).
    Thanks, it just seems that Tammy is bailing out and doing the easy ones. Any physical task that involves lifting seems to end up with Victor doing it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I think they put that rule in there after Amazing Race 5 when the top 3 teams had very lopsided Roadblocks performed. Chip 9 - Kim 1; Colin 8 - Christie 1; Brandon 9- Nicole 1. Not sure why Colin and Christie have only 9 roadblocks (Maybe they took a fast forward).

I'm not sure if its still a rule... they never seem to mention it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3390368;
    Thanks, it just seems that Tammy is bailing out and doing the easy ones. Any physical task that involves lifting seems to end up with Victor doing it.
    Men naturally have greater upper body strength so it only makes sense to have him take those tasks. Victor's first 2 tasks required NO physical exertion. Only the 3rd one did. All of Tammy's tasks were physical, although 1 of them wouldn't have been if she hadn't gotten gypped out of the paragliding. 2 of her tasks had humiliation factors attached too.

I agree that Victor has been a jerk at times to Tammy, but he now seems aware of that and is making strides to improve. As far as other teams thinking he is shady in his dealings with them, boo hoo and suck it up.

I normally practice the ostrich "head in the sand" method for dealing with the unpleasantness in the world. These TAR visits to India and other overpopulated or poverty stricken areas force a reality check on me that I probably need.

When Marge fainted my first thought was that she hasn't been eating and drinking enough.

The paint the elephant task seemed like a great experience and I was glad it ended well - meaning that it won't be a clip on "When Animals Go Wild".

I'm really excited about the photo shoot with wild animals.

If the blonde's driver hadn't stopped for gas at the beginning of the show they might have edged out the stuntmen. If only...

The rule that forces team members to do an equal amount of RBs is definitely still in tact. My best guess as to why it's not mentioned each season is that it would be a bit tedious, wouldn't it? I mean, to have Phil continuously repeat the rule season after season after season would get pretty tiresome.

I like to think of this rule as the "Bowling Moms Rule." They were pretty much guaranteed a F3 placement as they finished in the top 2 in the previous leg. But a very gruesome RB took place in the last leg in the Philippines where one of the racers would have to vertically climb up a cliff. Karen, who addtionally was not feeling well, had to go against 3 guys who obviously had better upper body strength compared to Karen, a sick middle-aged woman. All the teams passed her at the RB, causing Linda & Karen to just miss out on on the F3.

If only the rule had been in place that season. If only...
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I was sorry to see the blondes go. I liked them better than the stuntment. I don't have any real favorites this season but probably like L/M and the cheerleaders the most of those left. I do want either Luke and Margie or an all female team to win.

The only task that has involved lifting was the camel one--Victors other tasks were bungee jumping and riding a bobsled. Tammy ended up running down a mountain, doing gymnastics, and running in underwear in the snow. I, fat as a hog, middle aged, and arthritic, could have done Victor's tasks (though would be a bit slow on the camel feeding). No way I could have done Tammy's.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I've always loved Tammy. She's cute, intelligent and a great competitor. Now that Victor is showing her more respect, they are my favorite team.

No problem, I had to go back and look at the episode descriptions to remember exactly what she had done.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3389723;
    Next week looks wild! The one armed tiger handler- I would def. want to know how he lost that arm before I'd want to do that task with him supervising. I'd just like a little reassuring that's all!
    LOL, it looks like they might be at the Tiger Temple near Kanchanaburi, so they are relatively safe . I can't post links here, but google it (Tiger Temple Thailand) and you can see. It's a bit controversial, but they do get a lot of tourists there. When I was there I had a little baby one take a swipe at me as I was walking by the cage. It startled me, so I jumped back and almost ended up falling in the mud on my butt We all got a good laugh at that.

I lived and volunteered in Thailand in 2007, so I've been all around the country. I loved Kanchanaburi and think it's very beautiful, so if they are there I hope we see some wonderful scenery. Thailand is definitely a lot hotter than Jaipur would have been when they were filming, so I do hope Margie is okay.

+ Reply to Thread