+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Premium Member

Re: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

well Margie and Luke helped the stuntmen, otherwise I think they would have been gone.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3375242;
    well Margie and Luke helped the stuntmen, otherwise I think they would have been gone.
    Definitely. It probably would have been close, but the time spent negotiating with the cab driver would have cost them. I like the stuntmen so I am glad they're still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3375209;
    I guess the one who knew Lenin was "a bad guy who led the country" also knew Chekhov was "some Russian guy". Really, you don't have to know more than that.

As a letter scramble, there actually aren't THAT many valid ways to assemble those letters. "C and H" are almost always together, usually at either the beginning or end of a word. "V" is REALLY rare at the end of a word though, at least in English. In Russian though, providing you know at least a tiny bit, it's VERY common (almost the default its so common) at the end of a name, preceded by an "O", and sometimes followed by an "a".
    Maybe I missed it, but I thought that the sisters figured out the Chekhov puzzle first. Likely that the time lapse between when the blondes got it and the sisters got it was much shorter than they made it seem through editing.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3375244;
    Maybe I missed it, but I thought that the sisters figured out the Chekhov puzzle first. Likely that the time lapse between when the blondes got it and the sisters got it was much shorter than they made it seem through editing.
    It looked like they both couldn't find the main entrance when they arrived at the PS. They both got lost finding it, but Christy/Jodi found it first.

Looks like Margie/Luke let it known they used the U-Turn.

Still in Siberia next week, and jogging through the streets in next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3375222;
    I guess I'm biased, I've done lots of theater and was a drama minor in college. Uncle Vanya is one of my favorite plays ever. .
    To me, realistically, EVERY high school student should hear the names of all of the major Russian authors, even if they don't actually read more than a short story or two. It's more a matter of knowing they exist rather than knowing precisely what they wrote.

But Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Gorbachev and Yeltsin? That's actually important information (although the four or five other "fill in guys" probably aren't as much). Knowing these guys, in a way, is just as vital as knowing Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, and Reagan. You've got to know Darth Vadar as well as Luke Skywalker, right?

-----------------

Wow. ANOTHER tough break for the Lil' Stuntmen. But they made it through by the skin of their... do teeth REALLY have skin?

On to Trumprentice! Thank GOD they didn't put it up against TAR. Thank. God.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3375249;
    To me, realistically, EVERY high school student should hear the names of all of the major Russian authors, even if they don't actually read more than a short story or two. It's more a matter of knowing they exist rather than knowing precisely what they wrote.

But Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Gorbachev and Yeltsin? That's actually important information (although the four or five other "fill in guys" probably aren't as much). Knowing these guys, in a way, is just as vital as knowing Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, and Reagan. You've got to know Darth Vadar as well as Luke Skywalker, right?

-----------------

Wow. ANOTHER tough break for the Lil' Stuntmen. But they made it through by the skin of their... do teeth REALLY have skin?
    In my defense, I did go to a crappy high school because we weren't taught any of that. We did read Nathaniel Hawthorne however. Scarlett Letter is still one of my favorite works of literature.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Man, I screwed my predictions up this week. I hate that Amanda and Kris went out like that. There was no way for them to make up that time...there goes another favorite team of mine!

Why on earth would Luke let it be known that he was the U-Turner?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3375246;
    It looked like they both couldn't find the main entrance when they arrived at the PS. They both got lost finding it, but Christy/Jodi found it first.
    Okay thanks. Yup, didn't see that bit at all.

Amanda and Kris: lol they don't know who really uturned them with their guesses. But it will be kinda sad to see them go. I've only been watching since season 9 or 10 and they seem like the only young relationship couple who seemed pretty drama free. At least they will now who did it it. Being uturned for that wood stacking has got to hurt.

Anybody else think "ChokeHV?" when counting/reading letters?

Next week looks really funny too.

Thinking about it the U-Turn really didn't matter in the end. Margie/Luke seemed to do it to save Cara/Jamie, but with all the problems the shutter folks had Cara/Jamie really caught up on their own. And in the end Mark/Michael would have been eliminated.

I think that has to be a TAR first that all the couples got knocked out first. Now we're left with 5 teams that are family and 2 teams I can't tell apart from their teammates.

+ Reply to Thread