+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Re: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3341451;
    http://216.69.182.87/images/PHIL.jpg
    Say hello to my new avatar.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

I just want to thank muggle for the new Amazing Race 14 banner.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3341870;
    Thanks to everyone for all the info! I didn't get to see anything but the last ten minutes--and that wasn't a planned miss--so I can't watch it later.

So--my thanks to everyone who posted about the action.

I am sorry I missed the Alps--they are among my very fave mountains.

I am not sorry the verbally abusive guy is gone.
    I think the episodes are available on cbs' website. Also, the travel channel airs repeats on friday nights at 8pm est I believe. So for those who miss it on Sunday there is a chance to see it later on in the week.

I wish they would rule out being able to use cell phones to prehold tickets and such. Although it is a strategy it takes some of the fun out of the ticket counter scramble!

Glad to see some humorous challenges like the pie throwing. The teams seemed to enjoy it. Laughed until we cried at the Blondes carrying around the plank of wood! Phil's eyebrow has made appearances for 2 episodes now!!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3341957;
    Because Linda came down the wrong side of the mountain and got a ride back is where I think the penalty would come in. Maybe she was told not to turn around, but the clue said either they had to paraglide or take the 60 minute hike down the hill. Technically she didn't complete her task properly. I wonder who gave her a ride, because that'd be her plus all her camera people along with her.

Since they're going to Romania there will probably be an equalizer at some point. I think the first few teams were all fairly close. It does look like there's some mistakes and tension next week with certain teams, and of course bad luck for the blondes the past 2 legs plus Keisha/Jen having direction trouble. Plus who knows if Mel's injury will act up again. I read they wanted to show where the teams were in connection with each other, so that could be where the "4 hours since the first team" at the PS came from.
    I dont think they would have be given a penalty here.. she did do the task correctly. She walked down the hill. Did she come out on the wrong side.. yeah.. but because of that they had a time loss on their own.
    She got a ride back to the location only because she was lost.. not because she was trying to 'save time'. Its not like she took a mini van down the hill. To give this poor already oft abused woman a penality would be adding mean upon mean.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I felt sympathy for Linda and Steve. Where are the Cho bros when you need them? They really wanted to stay in the race.

The blondes should have gotten Philiminated for being so dumb.
    They have been so used to being told what to do, they don't know how to make decisions on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by umass;3342458;
    The blondes should have gotten Philiminated for being so dumb.
    "Philiminated," good one!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3342411;
    I dont think they would have be given a penalty here.. she did do the task correctly. She walked down the hill. Did she come out on the wrong side.. yeah.. but because of that they had a time loss on their own.
    She got a ride back to the location only because she was lost.. not because she was trying to 'save time'. Its not like she took a mini van down the hill. To give this poor already oft abused woman a penality would be adding mean upon mean.
    I guess we'll never know now but I wouldn't have been happy if she hadn't gotten a penalty. Yes, I felt sorry for her, but she went the wrong way and got a ride back. I'm sure she didn't have any other choice and I don't blame her for not turning around and trying to go back (that might have been a whole new set of problems if she tried navigating the mountain again). I don't know where she ended up back on the mountain because it looked like she still had a little trek before she got to Steve. I just don't think they would have given her any credit because she lost time because she got lost and needed help getting back to point A.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3342137;
    I think the episodes are available on cbs' website. Also, the travel channel airs repeats on friday nights at 8pm est I believe. So for those who miss it on Sunday there is a chance to see it later on in the week.
    WOO HOO! This is good news, as I was watching the Oscars...

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3342115;
    I just want to thank muggle for the new Amazing Race 14 banner.
    Enjoyed making it. You're welcome!
    Last edited by muggle; 02-23-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread