+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Who is John Galt?

Re: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

This is the team to beat and I will be very glad if they win. I have grown to like them more and the other teams less as time as gone on. I really doubt that Victor is gay. I don't get any vibes in that area at all and I have pretty good radar. As far as not being married, he is a lawyer and probably works very long hours which is not conducive to a good marriage. A lot of women need more attention. I also doubt his parents have much influence on who or when he marries - he seems like an all American boy to me and pretty independent. The reference to San Francisco as another indicator of his possibly being gay - hello - San Francisco has a HUGE Chinese community - probably the largest in U.S., except maybe Hawaii.

They seem to be getting a better edit lately because I wasn't liking them all that much but now am resigned to them being the strongest team and certainly the favorite to win.

I'm liking them more too, would not mind if they won.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3418967;
    This is the team to beat and I will be very glad if they win. I have grown to like them more and the other teams less as time as gone on. I really doubt that Victor is gay. I don't get any vibes in that area at all and I have pretty good radar. As far as not being married, he is a lawyer and probably works very long hours which is not conducive to a good marriage. A lot of women need more attention. I also doubt his parents have much influence on who or when he marries - he seems like an all American boy to me and pretty independent. The reference to San Francisco as another indicator of his possibly being gay - hello - San Francisco has a HUGE Chinese community - probably the largest in U.S., except maybe Hawaii.
    I really didn't like them at first but now they're the ONLY team I like. I don't think Victor is gay either. I'm 32 and I've never been married. Not because I'm gay (I'm probably the most heterosexual woman on this board I LOVE men ) but I just haven't found the right guy. It's true that SF has a large gay community but I agree that it's probably the largest Asian community in the continental US. I have a friend from the Bay area who is Filipino who is 41 and never married and he is hardly gay either (while we never really had a relationship he did come visit me in OKC and take me out on a couple of dates so I know for a fact that he is not gay). In his case, he's kind of a loser that can't seem to move out of his parent's house and is a commitment phobe He can't hold a job either but his being Asian has nothing to do with any of that.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

After the whole fiasco with the coffin task, I was really annoyed at both of them. But after that episode, they seem to have figured out how to work better together. I like them. I hope they win.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Can anyone explain this.... the brothers who were recently eliminated received a major time penalty for tampering with the supplies at the roadblock. Now I assume the penalty is because it intentionally will harm the other teams' chances of play.

How did that differ from Tammy and Victor first instructing the airport agent to ticket the other teams seats as far back as possible in the plane;

and when they told Jaime's cab driver to take them to a different door.

I like Tammy and Victor as players, but that seemed like intentional tampering with the game.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

^ I'm guessing it was because they hid items that were put there to aid in the task.

Also, if a team tells an agent/cab driver/whatever to do or not do something, it's up to the driver/agent/whatever whether or not they choose to fulfill that request.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm just glad that they are out of China. These two had a huge advantage (through no fault of their own). I don't remeber when TAR spent so much time in one location.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3428904;
    Can anyone explain this.... the brothers who were recently eliminated received a major time penalty for tampering with the supplies at the roadblock. Now I assume the penalty is because it intentionally will harm the other teams' chances of play.

How did that differ from Tammy and Victor first instructing the airport agent to ticket the other teams seats as far back as possible in the plane;

and when they told Jaime's cab driver to take them to a different door.

I like Tammy and Victor as players, but that seemed like intentional tampering with the game.
    I think it's because in both cases, the teams still got on the flight and at the location. Neither Tammy nor Victor said to tell teams that the plane was full nor take Jamie's cab to the wrong location. Both of those would've been intentional harm to the team's play.

Mike and Mark's hiding the pumps was sabotage and affected game play. I think Margie and Luke's rickshaw tires weren't pumped up, meaning it was harder to pull the item and one reason that lead to Margie getting overheated and fainting. Plus, I have a feeling CBS had to pay for all the damaged tires caused when they were run on the rims with no air in them, so they felt justified in penalizing the team to compensate.

In addition to jadewarlock's post, the brothers acted out on their own. They did not ask someone to do their dirty work for them. They, themselves, put the air pumps into that box.

With the airlines and taxis, Tammy and Victor asked the reservation agent to seat the other team further back on the plane or they told the cabbie to take a different route or tell the other team's cabbie to go a different way. The airline employee and the cabbies did not have to do what they were told to do. I have seen on many of the previous races where one team will ask the airline employee to put other teams towards the rear of the plane. It has been acceptable behavior (or not something that the show deems unacceptable)

Now if Tammy and/or Victor, speaking in Mandarin and under the guise of helping out another team directing their cabbie to the next pitstop, told one team's cabbie to go to the Great Wall rather than the Bird's Nest ...well THAT would have been unacceptable and probably would have tossed them out of the game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast