+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Re: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;3400134;
    Victor seems very cheery, big smiles, feminine mannerisms, lives in san fran... is he gay? has this been discussed? btw, I think they are awesome and the team to beat.
    He sing-songs everything that he says when he's happy, was excited to see the ballet...

But, let's not make assumptions.

Yes, God forbid we should stereotype...

I wasn't that enamored of them at first, but I have grown to like them. They're very self deprecating and don't take themselves all that seriously. And, Victor has realized that he has that control gene in him and has taken steps to be more balanced in his approach.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

Victor, Victor, Victor - you may be a great lawyer and a pretty cute guy - but you are NO mechanic. The girls did a better job with the propeller than he did. That must have really hurt his ego. Actually, this is probably still my favorite team. I like the sister - she is adorable and has a very sweet personality. He is domineering, but does eventually admit his mistakes. I hope they win.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3412189;
    Victor, Victor, Victor - you may be a great lawyer and a pretty cute guy - but you are NO mechanic. The girls did a better job with the propeller than he did. That must have really hurt his ego. Actually, this is probably still my favorite team. I like the sister - she is adorable and has a very sweet personality. He is domineering, but does eventually admit his mistakes. I hope they win.
    I really am liking them, too. Once again, they poked fun of themselves in this episode - something about their being Chinese, yet they couldn't do something I think they said. At any rate, I just love how they seem to truly be enjoying themselves on this show. Jamie / Cara should take lessons from them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Me too. Can't stand Victor when the show started. But now, they're my favorite team and I hope they win this. I can see they're both very level headed and they don't let other racers rattle them. Poor Victor. Looks like he's never even touched a wrench before. At least, he just went on with his task and Tammy was very patient and encouraging throughout. They were also smart enough to have noticed that the red heads went back for their stuffs and did the same thing. My gaydar is going a bit haywire though, given him being unmarried at his age (and culturally, I know this), the parents would have been hounding him to get married.

I actually really like this team and in the beginning I doubted that I would. I thought I would really like Tammy (and I do), but that I would not like Victor so much (and I didn't in the beginning). Now I like them both and wouldn't mind at all if they won. They were really cute at the karaoke roadblock.

Kisha/Jen are my current favorites, but these two follow closely behind. They have been working well together ever since their debacle in Leg 3. And I love how they constantly poke fun at themselves. I didn't get offended when Tammy said, "The biggest thing I've ridden is BMW," during one of the Siberian legs. Sure, she may have been show-offing about her rich background, but I believe she was just making fun of herself, not thinking of the way it may have come off to viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3412196;
    Once again, they poked fun of themselves in this episode - something about their being Chinese, yet they couldn't do something I think they said.
    The stereotype is that Asians love karaoke. Because of this, they said that "momma would be proud" by their choice of choosing the karaoke detour.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3415154;
    Kisha/Jen are my current favorites, but these two follow closely behind. They have been working well together ever since their debacle in Leg 3. And I love how they constantly poke fun at themselves. I didn't get offended when Tammy said, "The biggest thing I've ridden is BMW," during one of the Siberian legs. Sure, she may have been show-offing about her rich background, but I believe she was just making fun of herself, not thinking of the way it may have come off to viewers.

The stereotype is that Asians love karaoke. Because of this, they said that "momma would be proud" by their choice of choosing the karaoke detour.
    My boyfriend would've said the same thing. He always makes jokes like that (he's Chinese-American, I'm not). Sometimes it knocks me out because I'm not used to that sometimes.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I love this team even more after last night.

"We are foreign-born from America, our parents will cry themselves to death if we don't win!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast