+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3326329;
    I said something bugged me about these two that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I went back and watched when they reached that clue at the cheese task; both Tammy and one of the brothers had their hands on it. It looked like he had it first but she took it away from him. That's not quite what bugs me, but I do hope that they aren't going to be completely sneaky and aggressive this soon out of the gate. None of the teams trusted them (with good reason) on the train.

I definitely see these two as Azaria/Hendekea 2.0
    That bothered me too! I don't like people who are super aggressive on The Amazing Race. I think this team falls into that category. They are my least favorite so far.

FORT Newbie

haha i like them, just cause they're driven doesn't mean they're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyray110;3340691;
    This team looks strong. Like other sibling teams before them, they have that drive to win. Dominance in a race gets boring after a while, especially last season with Nick and Starr. But these two are on my list to watch out for.
    Yep, completely agree. It should not be a shock that a young, intelligent team will do well in this race. I'm already tired of them and it's only the second episode.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3342208;
    Yep, completely agree. It should not be a shock that a young, intelligent team will do well in this race. I'm already tired of them and it's only the second episode.
    Me too. In the previews it looks like Tammy might get fed up taking the backseat to her brother. I can't stand him so far. I do hope these two don't dominate the race. It looks like it could be a good season but it won't be if that happens.

So far I kind of can't stand the sister, but I kind of like the brother. I don't think I'd date him, but I'd like him on my team in a work situation. There is a kind of "aggressiveness" that is about achieving a goal, rather than being a mean person. I don't think they are bad people.

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

Tammy seems OK, Victor on the other hand is a bit of a pouty, patronizing, martyr crybaby, explicitly expressed by his whiny and annoying voice. i wanted to punch him at the end of episode 3.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I said in the episode thread that I hope Victor learned to listen to his sister and work as a team from now on. Probably not, but hopefully Tammy will put her foot down. I just hope none of her decisions end up being the bad choices, because he'll probably never let her hear the end of it.

is victor an idiot? you would think with his harvard education, he'd realize that he should follow signs that are red and yellow.
    i felt bad for tammy she should of just left him hahaha
    but i still think they have a good chance at winning

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

has very little to do with intelligence and everything with arrogance.

It seems to me that they have a very classically Asian cultural way of relating to each other. Tammy didn't want to address the problem directly, but rather indirectly, to save her brother embarrassment or shame. Notice, when he finally does decide to head back down the mountain, his reaction is to sit down and cry. It's overwhelming. That speaks more to a shame/honor based culture, like most Asian cultures, than to a guilt/innocence based Western cultural response. Tammy defers to Victor as the older brother, and works to keep him from appearing wrong.

In their defense, I have seen a ton of teams go through tough times during a leg on TAR in the almost 13 seasons that I've watched it, and for them to so totally screw up on the mountain-trail, and then to doggedly persist in trying to find the lost key to the coffin afterwards, that seemed really high-caliber of them. Many teams, many good teams, on encountering their SECOND potentially game-blowing mistake on the same leg, would have sat down and quit. Tammy & Victor went and just looked for that key until they found it. I thought that was admirable.

I hope they aren't so emotionally fatigued from this leg that they melt down in the next one.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast